HP dx2400 Hackintosh

NeoG26

3 posts in this topic

Perfect Mac Pro using HP dx2400.

The details below seem like a bit of a pain but compared to a lot of Hackintosh setups really aren't too bad, and boy are they worth it cause you will end up with a very fast Mac for not a lot of money.

Original Text and background work done by Bash for a HP Pavillion A6345F.with iDeneb distro

I have used this as a guide and with the help of "neog26" to install Mac OS x on to my HP dx2400 KV363ET

Specs: (My Setup)

Processor: Intel® Q9300 @ 2.5GHz Core 2 Quad 1333 MHZ FSB

Chipset: Intel® G33 Express

Hard Drive: 500GB Hard Drive 7200 RPM 3GB/s Sata 3

Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 9500GT 1GB

Display: 2 x Dell E198WFP 1440 X 900 TFT'S DVI

RAM: 4GB of PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (G33 Intel Chipset)

Audio: ALC888S

Ethernet: Realtek 8111C-GR GbE Ethernet

Mouse: Dell Premium 7 Button

To install Mac OS X i used iPC OS86 (Leopard 10.5.6)

Preparation items:

1: Before you format anything flash the bios (at your own risk) to be done from within "Windows"

2: I used "NVFlash" to dump bios from Graphics Card "DOS"

BIOS

To make this Mac OS X See all the cores and without using "cpus=1"

or any other options you need to flash your BIOS with a modded one (at your own risk)

BIOS V5.17 link to download

To apply this Bios you need to use a program called Afuwin which you can download Here

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SAME MOTHERBOARD. It does not work on an IPIBL-LA.

Just load the .MOD file from the first download using Afuwin and flash.

You can also try cpus=1 if you don't want to break anything

Installation

To Install after BIOS FLASH or cpus=1 option

Set IDE option to "AHCI" in the Bios

Boot up pc with ipc OS86 disk in your dvd rom drive

Always use Disk Utility to erase the partition you are preparing for your install

In customize installation pick some of the following.

Audio: Worked without selecting anything or you could select "ALC888" (untested) only rear panel audio out though and input untested.

Chipset: Worked without selecting anything

Kernel: Don't pick any.

Ethernet: None Works out of the box

Software: OSx86 Tools

NVCAP Maker

Possible enhancements to be had with some of the specific drivers but as yet untested as working pretty damn well without.

Graphics Card: After install I used "NVCAP Maker" to generate HEX string from Graphics Card Bios Dump then OSx86 tools "custom options" to add EFI string to the "com.apple.boot.plist" which also enabled "Quartz Extreme" and "Core Image"

after that just install. it should work. without using cpus=1

Mouse buttons all customized and working with "SteerMouse3.9"

Keyboard buttons correctly mapped with Uk Layout

Evaluated Software: iLife09, Logic Pro8, iWork, MS Office 2008 for MAC, Adobe CS3 Master suite all working flawlessly.

Power off working but no Sleep, still who wants to sleep a pc when it boots up and shuts down so damn quick with Mac OS.

Dual Boot

Recommend using chameleon bootloader if you still want to use Windows and Vista works best on this PC

Apple Updates:

iPC os86 installs by default "disabler.kext" to ensure "appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext" is not overwritten by Mac OS update, cos this is the bit that will screw your Hackintosh.

Make back up copy of "AppleHDA.kext" from "system/library/extensions" before applying update from "Software Update" or you will lose audio, then do Apple update to 10.5.7 after re-start put the "AppleHDA.kext" file back in "system/library/extensions"

e voila you now have a seriously fast kick ass Mac Pro.

Many Many Thanks to bash for the background work on this with iDeneb

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm trying to install the same dvd on a HP dx2400 but there are still some errors, I did what you said but no luck, could you tell me where to download the bios modded flash? in your post there is no link.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Hi, I'm trying to install the same dvd on a HP dx2400 but there are still some errors, I did what you said but no luck, could you tell me where to download the bios modded flash? in your post there is no link.

Thanks.

Hi Sorry for delay in replying, see link below for bios flash

http://rapidshare.com/files/150272110/517_MOD.rar

also have just updated to 10.5.8 with Apple combo update only had to copy AppleHDA.kext beforehand then restore afterwards and have added Apple Magic Mouse as well