ALC889A 10.5.7

abhi93

14 posts in this topic

I recently updated to 10.5.7 using software update and all went well except for audio. I tried various AppleHDA.kexts and VoodooHDA kext but I keep getting kernel panic. I can't seem to find a dump that works. Please Help!

[My Config]

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

CPU: Core 2 duo E8400 (3 GHZ, 1333mhz bus speed)

Memory: 2GB DDR2 667mhz

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9800GT

Audio: Realtek ALC889A

HDD: 320GB, 80GB, 80GB

LAN: 2 x Realtek 8111C chips

Thanks

After a lot of trial and errors, I finally managed to get audio. Firstly, I installed the original AppleHDA.kext that came with the 10.5.7 update. Then I deleted ALCInject.kext and installed the kexts from this zip file: http://www.fileflyer.com/view/LZjdXAP . For installing and removing the kexts, I used terminal and single-user mode (sudo -s). Here are screens of my audio system preferences pane and my system profiler audio section.

System Profiler:

20090618-gme397b8ncb7376sufdgt4s4th.jpg

System Preferences:

20090618-kyufpsfiu56xm3bqrxprc8gw3.jpg

20090618-grrd7qj3w4x54x4q5es765d5uy.jpg

If anyone needs help installing the kexts, ask and I'll post up the instructions. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone needs help installing the kexts, ask and I'll post up the instructions. Hope this helps!

Thanks abhi93, I got the same motherboard with you, so it works to me too. I simply use kext helper to install those kexts you provided and now I get the sound! Thanks again :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

THX!! It works!

...but!!

Does anyone know why I don't see all devices in Audio MIDI Setup?

...as you can noticed, there is also no Headphone output

...and if I choose 3 output devices, I can configure/use only two!

If I choose seperate all 3 output devices are working, just as "aggregate device" not! grrrr...

post-174444-1251833376_thumb.png

post-174444-1251833386_thumb.png

btw: I am still on 10.5.6, I will upgrade to latest, maybe it helps.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, I have been really busy. Anyway, I now use Snow Leopard so I am not 100% sure these are the working kexts. They should be, but then again, I'm not entirely sure. If they aren't then I'll upload the other set of kexts I have. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ep6o21hvwzx

Hope it helps.