Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Bios modded for newer AHCI-1.20E

8 posts in this topic

A kind user at tweak town forums has modded BIOS for GA-EP45-DS3R board (Bios version F10, latest) with new AHCI ver 1.20E. I have flashed this and it is indeed working. Now the 10-12 seconds of dots on AHCI drive detection are gone. I tried the beta F11c Bios but it seems to delay on verifying DMI pool data. It also has the older AHCI bios v1.07. So as long as Gigabyte does not release the final with new AHCI bios, this works. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
A kind user at tweak town forums has modded BIOS for GA-EP45-DS3R board (Bios version F10, latest) with new AHCI ver 1.20E. I have flashed this and it is indeed working. Now the 10-12 seconds of dots on AHCI drive detection are gone. I tried the beta F11c Bios but it seems to delay on verifying DMI pool data. It also has the older AHCI bios v1.07. So as long as Gigabyte does not release the final with new AHCI bios, this works. :P

Why did you bother posting the news if you're not going to share it. Keep everyone's hopes up and disappoint us?

here you guys go

http://forums.tweaktown.com/306903-post1358.html

A kind user at tweak town forums has modded BIOS for GA-EP45-DS3R board (Bios version F10, latest) with new AHCI ver 1.20E. I have flashed this and it is indeed working. Now the 10-12 seconds of dots on AHCI drive detection are gone. I tried the beta F11c Bios but it seems to delay on verifying DMI pool data. It also has the older AHCI bios v1.07. So as long as Gigabyte does not release the final with new AHCI bios, this works. :(

if your going to give us this info, then please include download link, save people a lot of time looking for it like me. :D

• 1 month later...