OSX Leopard 10.5.7 + Nvidia 7300

kosmic

14 posts in this topic

HI anybody have leopard 10.5.7 installed and Nvidia 7300 LE 512MB working with QE/CI ?

I have installed a retail Leopard DVD 10.5.2 (MB Intel DG31PR) and my nvidia 7300 LE 512MB Worked out of the box with QE/CI, but after I upgraded to 10.5.7 using combobox I've lossed QE/CI by hardware.

Hope anyone knows how to solve this.

I have two 7300 gs 512 mb in my hack and had 10.5.7 installed but it did´nt work so good. I´d stay away from 10.5.7 if I where you, better wait for snow leopard and learn how to install it and stay with 10.5.6 the moast stable version for now.

I have 7200gs 512MB PCIe x16 which is similar to 7300 cards and was able to run it in 10.5.7 with QE/CI using CoreVidia 1.1 (previously called NVDarwin). For some reason the chipset model is reported as 7300 SE but everything works great with CoreVidia. I have tried all other drivers like NVInject, NVKush, etc. before with no success.

post-427687-1244704584_thumb.png

My cards did work too QE and all it was 10.5.7 that wasn´t so hot. Well it actually was making my computer run hotter that ever before. You can hardly hear it´s fired up under 10.5.6 even though I have the original cpu fan that came with my Q6600. I´m using a Nvinject.kext I edited a bit, it´s uploaded here in one of my threads if somebody wanna try it out. It works with a PNY AGP 6200 256 mb videocard too.

Hi, thank you all, I will make the upgrade to 10.5.6 and try all sugestions.

Thank you

EDIT: OK problem solved now I have 7300 LE 512MB + Leopard 10.5.7 with CI/QE, only needed to delete NVKLUSH :P

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with QE/CI not working on 10.5.7, but with a 256MB 7600GT.

It was working fine with 10.5.2 kalyway, but now I have a retail install and its not working

nvinject was working on kalyway, but not now. I also tried adding an EFI string using osx86tools, but that didnt work either, and I have just tried CoreVidia, but that didnt work either

I have dual displays, and can set the resolution, just QE/CI wont work.

HI anybody have leopard 10.5.7 installed and Nvidia 7300 LE 512MB working with QE/CI ?

I have installed a retail Leopard DVD 10.5.2 (MB Intel DG31PR) and my nvidia 7300 LE 512MB Worked out of the box with QE/CI, but after I upgraded to 10.5.7 using combobox I've lossed QE/CI by hardware.

Hope anyone knows how to solve this.

It's very easy just install titan.kext

That sounds easy. Where do I find this titan.kext plz?

So, my issue was that after 10.5.7, I had some drivers that were conflicting. I followed someone else's instructions. The trick was to use these commands to remove kexts beginning with Ge and NV. Then, install 9f23 and efistudio from here: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20, then install the efistring for Geforce 7300 GT 256, reboot, all good.

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge* 
rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*
rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Then install 9f23, efistudio

Run efistudio to install efi string.

reboot.

video goodness. vram reported correctly, gl working, qe working, ci working

:)

• 3 weeks later...