Webcam for Dell XPS M1530

4 posts in this topic

I got iAtkos v5 working on my Dell XPS m1530. I have gotten just about everything working except the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 802.11 a/g Mini Card Wireless which is a WIP at the moment for some kexts. However, whenever I am on Skype/iChat/PhotoBooth my Integrated 2.0 MP Webcam has issues. I have read many articles on the M1530 laptop in these forums, almost every topic states that the Webcam has been working out of box. It does indeed "work". The Camera is so severely pixelated though and it is barely usable. And the FPS must be somewhere between 5-10 fps. Its horrible, and I haven't seen any other complaints. If I boot back into Windows Vista or XP the webcam is beautiful, clear, and must be over 60 fps. So obviously something has gone amiss?

Something else odd: When I first installed iAtkos my webcam would never start in iChat, it would tell me it was "In use by another application." even though iChat was the only application using the webcam atm. I seem to have fixed this by installing an add-on for iChat, but either way the Webcam is still pixelated and laggy!

If anyone has any ideas? Maybe a kext that could be used in place of whatever is making it work half-assed? I could offer more info if need be, just ask :D

Device: vid_05a9 pid_2640 (As seen in Device Manager) OmniVision Integrated Webcam

Could be useful, I saw these ven/dev ids in another thread here aswell.

Hey how did you get iatkos 5 to work on the m1530. Everytime I install it, it will never start, it gets to a grey apple logo on a light grey background when you boot up os x, and it either freezes there (circle doesnt spin) or a circle with a line going through it (like a no entry sign) appears in the middle of the screen.

I think the problem is the customize options that I chose when installing it. What are the correct ones, and which ones do I need to install it properly?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Hey how did you get iatkos 5 to work on the m1530. Everytime I install it, it will never start, it gets to a grey apple logo on a light grey background when you boot up os x, and it either freezes there (circle doesnt spin) or a circle with a line going through it (like a no entry sign) appears in the middle of the screen.

I think the problem is the customize options that I chose when installing it. What are the correct ones, and which ones do I need to install it properly?

Thanks

just reboot you computer again without cd in it and it should work