10.5.7 - Mouse Lag

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm running a Medion PC which I installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and then upgraded to 10.5.3, 10.5.4 and 10.5.5

Recently I have upgraded to 10.5.6 ... and only had to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

So I installed 10.5.7 via the same method, and forgot to remove the kext! ooops. Kernel Panic on every reboot. So I whipped out the hard disk and connected it to another machine, and removed the kext. Sorted working fine ... or so I thought!

However I've noticed that I'm getting mouse lag. While moving the mouse across the screen it will stop moving every few seconds. If Im playing Audio or Video, then that freezes temporarily too.

I've done a bit of google research, and it seems there was a problem with 10.5.6 and the NVidia graphics cards which my machine has. So I followed the instructions to remove the HDCP kext.

Still no joy !!!

Any other ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Noone else having 10.5.7 mouse issues?

Try removing /System/Library/Extentions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. It calls functions of NVidia graphics cards that PC versions of the cards don't have, hence the lag. Worked for me and my 8600GT.

Hi,

I have the same problem. With my Gigabyte Board P35 DS3P and a fresh iPC Install.

Updated with the Original Apple Update to 10.5.7 .

It's all good, but when I installed the Graphic Driver for the new Radeon 4890 with Netkas' help

(www.netkas.org)

my mouse stop every 2 seconds.

I removed this kext but for me it doesn't help with this problem.

I think it's a problem with the graphic driver and someone in the new Apple Update.

Can anybody help?

MacHilli

Yup tried removing that kext, and still no joy.

I ended up getting angry as I needed a machine to work on. So now have the 2.4Ghz macbook .. and have used the 1TB drive out of the original machine as a TimeMachine drive. Slightly extreme fix.

But what I might do is rebuild the machine with it's 500Gig drive as a second mac machine which I can use day to day.

• 2 months later...
Try removing /System/Library/Extentions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. It calls functions of NVidia graphics cards that PC versions of the cards don't have, hence the lag. Worked for me and my 8600GT.

Thank you.

It worked for me (8400GS)

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue:

OS X works perfect but suddenly a mouse lag start, also affect internet connection, it is totally lost. and if I have a terminal open and try to write something, repeats the first typed key and then nothing.

I was monitoring with top, but CPU and memory usage has no problems.

My config:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600}

MB : Asus P5VD2-X

Chipset : VIA P4M890

Southbridge: VT8237A

LPCIO : IT8712

RAM : 3GB, 2Gb Kingstom PC2-5300 (333) and 1Gb Kingston PC2-4300 (266) both DDR2

Graphics : GeForce 9500GtT 512Mb DDR2 DUAL DVI

Monitors : Samsung SyncMaster T220HD and ViewSonic VP201b Both DVI Connected

Mouse : Microsoft Habu

Keyboard : Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 v1.0

HD : IDE

SATA Disk not detected

USB WebCam DLINK CIF not detected

Another issue, maybe related: I have installed the iWork 09, and nothing is displayed, if I click on outline button for the word processing the template text blinks and dessapears again.

Also I am not sure but seems to be that this thing happens on high network traffic.

Regards,

-Martin

Noone else having 10.5.7 mouse issues?

Guys,

Thanks, I have tried the file deletion and worked fine...

Regards,

-Martin

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue:

OS X works perfect but suddenly a mouse lag start, also affect internet connection, it is totally lost. and if I have a terminal open and try to write something, repeats the first typed key and then nothing.

I was monitoring with top, but CPU and memory usage has no problems.

My config:

RAM : 3GB, 2Gb Kingstom PC2-5300 (333) and 1Gb Kingston PC2-4300 (266) both DDR2

SATA Disk not detected

Another issue, maybe related: I have installed the iWork 09, and nothing is displayed, if I click on outline button for the word processing the template text blinks and dessapears again.

Also I am not sure but seems to be that this thing happens on high network traffic.

Regards,

-Martin

Bad news....

I left the computer on all night. at morning, took from sleep (the screen only, HD and computer never sleep) and the mouse again was in lag...

any other Ideas? maybe the screen saver and the sleep mode for the screens... I will disable it and let you know how it is going tomorrow morning.

Regards,

-Martin

Guys,

Thanks, I have tried the file deletion and worked fine...

Regards,

-Martin

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Still can't fix this stupid issue!!!! does anyone have fixed it??? I tried removing the kext file AppleUpstream... but nothing!!!! disabled Time Machine

WHAT ELSE!!!!

SATA Disk not detected

Hi All,

I'm running a Medion PC which I installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and then upgraded to 10.5.3, 10.5.4 and 10.5.5

Recently I have upgraded to 10.5.6 ... and only had to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

So I installed 10.5.7 via the same method, and forgot to remove the kext! ooops. Kernel Panic on every reboot. So I whipped out the hard disk and connected it to another machine, and removed the kext. Sorted working fine ... or so I thought!

However I've noticed that I'm getting mouse lag. While moving the mouse across the screen it will stop moving every few seconds. If Im playing Audio or Video, then that freezes temporarily too.

I've done a bit of google research, and it seems there was a problem with 10.5.6 and the NVidia graphics cards which my machine has. So I followed the instructions to remove the HDCP kext.

Still no joy !!!

Any other ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I have the same problem. With my Gigabyte Board P35 DS3P and a fresh iPC Install.

Updated with the Original Apple Update to 10.5.7 .

It's all good, but when I installed the Graphic Driver for the new Radeon 4890 with Netkas' help

(www.netkas.org)

my mouse stop every 2 seconds.

I removed this kext but for me it doesn't help with this problem.

I think it's a problem with the graphic driver and someone in the new Apple Update.

Can anybody help?

MacHilli

Same here! My rig has 4850 Graphic card and still facing that mouse lag problem even after deleted that kext.

I also think that it's a graphic driver problem because mouse lag not occurred when I use one display, dual display gives me this problem.

Can anybody help us?

tks in adv!