Three Pretty Annoying/Bad Problems

d00m42

6 posts in this topic

1: I have an internal SATA drive that's worked completely fine for previous hackintosh installs (I changed mobos), and for some reason despite the fact my BIOS and Chameleon 2.0 RC1 recognize the drive, nothing in Leopard does. Not Disk Utility, not Finder, and not any kind of root terminal diskutility command. I've tried switching the port it's plugged into, and even switching the plugs of this drive with another one that's working (I have a total of 3 internal drives and the 2 others work completely fine). Nothing so far has worked, and I can't even figure out why because everything else seems to work fine, and as I mentioned the BIOS and Chameleon don't have a problem. Plus, I tried switching the SATA/IDE controller mode from IDE to AHCI in the BIOS and that didn't work. Interestingly enough, Windows detects all three drives perfectly fine (but obviously can't read/write to the HFS+ formatted Mac one).

2: My CPU is overclocked (it's an E8500 that's running at 445*9.0=4.05 GHz, instead of the stock 333*9.5=3.16 GHz). When I boot into Mac, System Profiler, About This Mac, and cpu-x all show my processor at 333*9.5 instead of the correct 445*9.0. I can't get Mac to recognize this OC, although Windows does fine.

3: For some reason, unless I'm using my boot-132 iso CD I have to use the -f flag to get my computer to boot using Chameleon 2.0 RC1 on my HDD. I am using the EFI partition method. Any idea as to why I have to use the -f flag to boot? If I just use -v, then I get "still waiting for root device" over and over.

Help with any of these problems (or all of them :P ) is greatly appreciated as I am trying to get my system up and running again after a major upgrade (new mobo, GA EP45-UD3R)!

does the same happen when the system isn't oc?

because i had the same issue on a friends machine and when disabling the oc everything worked just normal...

greetz

OCing can make systems do strange things.

As for the not displaying the overclock issue, have you tried benchmarking with the OC that OS X doesn't acknowledge and then reducing to stock and seeing if the score reduces? This sounds stupid but it's just to make sure that the OC actually isn't being recognised (as opposed to just not showing up in System Profiler).

I have a problem similar to your -f flag one. I have to boot my hackintosh with the -x flag to make it boot. So any advice on this would be much appreciated by me also.

@ Josephien and Danstevens

Yes it still happens without OC, and yes, I believe OS X actually detects the OC

@ca4444

That's not a solution. What you're telling me is to essentially cover up an infected wound with a band-aid. It isn't going to get better unless you treat what's causing it.