Atheros L1E - ATL1E Kext/Install Tutorial (Finally >.>)

Ehko

6 posts in this topic

Alright guys. I spent the better part of the day searching for a driver that would work with the built in Atheros ethernet adapter built into my P5KPL-CM and from that searching I noticed plenty of you guys asking the same thing. Alright hopefully the mods will sticky this if it hasn't already been posted. But at any rate I will go through it for the less tech savvy of us. And yes. My first post is a contrib post. So be happy.

First: Download the file attached. Obviously from another machine/partitioned OS

Second: Stick said downloaded file onto a jumpdrive, burn it to disk, or telepathically transfer the information to the OSX install. :>

Third: Extract the contents to a folder. Label said folder something relatively simple.

Fourth: Navigate to Applications>Utilites>Terminal; Run Terminal

Fifth: Don't be scared of Terminal, it is your friend. :3 type in cd <path to the extracted folder> e.g (cd desktop/driver) Then hit Enter.

Sixth: Type in sudo sh installrelease.sh

Seventh: Download Kext Helper, or use OSX86Tools You can use google to find both of them. Once you have obtained one or the other navigate to the folder you extracted the zip to earlier and inside there will be a release folder and inside that will be the kext you need to install.

Eighth: Pet Terminal and tell him how much of a good little shell he has been. (THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL STEP >:( DO NOT FORGET)

This did work for me using a P5KPL-CM Mobo so you other Atheros users I must warn you results may vary. I will check back on this topic to try and answer any problems you may encounter. Or you can email me at gabriellorn@yahoo.com

Later guys.

AttansicL1eEthernet20090322.zip

• 4 weeks later...
What a fake... :lol:

Whatever...

This is the first post that supplied the kext for 10.5.1 and actually explained how to get my ethernet card working. And did get it working. You lot ought to lighten up and remember what it was like to be learning something new...

• 11 months later...
Eighth: Pet Terminal and tell him how much of a good little shell he has been. (THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL STEP >:rolleyes: DO NOT FORGET)

I love the terminal :D Thank you so much for posting this. It worked for me on a P5P43TD...wish the rest of the install process was as easy. There was a lot of fighting with motherboard settings to get it running but the end result is well worth it!!!!! Awesome

Daniel