1 post in this topic

Here is a list of my hardware and install method:

Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3R

Processor: Q6600 @ 3.3 GHz

Video Card: EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

Cooling: Arctic Freezer Pro 7

DVD-ROM: LG 20x Sata DVD Burner

Hard Drive: WD 320 GB SATA II 16 MB Cache

grub-dfe --> Retail Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.6 + software updates)

I recently purchased a 24" LCD that has a native resolution of 1920x1080. Prior to this, I had a 21" LCD which I'm assuming had a different native resolution. Anyway, my dilemma lies with games and video resolution. In particular, Warcraft III. I had Warcraft III installed and running perfectly with the 21" + Leopard combo, but when I reinstalled Leopard with the 24" monitor, the game launches and I get sound, but the video is completely black. A signal is present, and I hear the game's audio, but the screen is completely black. Pressing Command+M does not minimize the application, and I essentially am unable to return to the desktop and I have to forcefully reboot. I didn't want to investigate the dual-boot Vista/Leopard route as installing an entire operating system for one game seems a bit silly. I've tried changing the native resolution in OS X to no avail.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

The problem appears to be related to the video kext.

2/16/09 12:38:00 AM Warcraft III[144] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGA: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGA, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGA: mach-o, but wrong architecture

2/16/09 12:38:00 AM Warcraft III[144] Cannot find function pointer GeForceGAFactory for factory 10DE0100-0000-0000-0000-000A27898D3E in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x1a6720 </System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)