[Guide]Boot BOOT-132 CD from HD or USB stick.

twilight.lee

10 posts in this topic

Boot BOOT-132 CD from HD (under Win2000, XP , win2003)

Assume your windows install at C:\

step1: Downoad ISOEmu.

step2: Extract files ieldr and isoemu.ini to C:\

step3: Edit isoemu.ini replace line isoemu isogrub.iso to isoemu yourBOOT-132CD.iso

step4: Edit C:\boot.ini. add line C:\ieldr="BOOT-132 CD" to the end of boot.ini

step5: Reboot, when show NTLoader Menu , choose menu item "BOOT-132 CD"

Boot BOOT-132 CD from USB Stick

step2: Extract files ieldr and isoemu.ini to your USB Stick.

step3: Google for bootsect.exe. Under Command Prompt : C:\>bootsect.exe /nt52 X: (X: is your USB stick)

step5: Under C:\ , Copy boot.ini , bootfont.bin , NTDETECT.COM , ntldr to you USB stick.

step6: Reboot , setting BOIS make sure boot from USB stick

step7: When show NTLoader Menu , choose menu item "BOOT-132 CD"

NOTE: If your USB stick recognized as USB-HDD is better.

==========================

I tested generic.iso , it was worked.

Does it matter whether the partition is formatted as NTFS, FAT32 or FAT? The reason I ask is that OS X is only able to read form NTFS natively. I get that you only read from the CD as well, but in order to be able to implement a custom kernel, kext, etc. you should have the ability to write to the partition.

Does it matter whether the partition is formatted as NTFS, FAT32 or FAT? The reason I ask is that OS X is only able to read form NTFS natively. I get that you only read from the CD as well, but in order to be able to implement a custom kernel, kext, etc. you should have the ability to write to the partition.

The partition is formatted as FAT32 is OK.

OS X can be read/write FAT32 , isn't?

• 1 month later...
The partition is formatted as FAT32 is OK.

OS X can be read/write FAT32 , isn't?

I have a problem. My iso file is bigger than 4GB. This mean using FAT32 is impossible. Im going to convert C: to NTFS. I dont know whether it works or not

thanks!

what is the capabilities of this iso?

so.. the loading of the boot menu is high level? i mean: if the bios actually doesn't see any hdd in the ESATA port.. and never grub nor osselector or easybcd can't see it.. will this iso load the opportune driver before prompt the menu?

• 3 weeks later...

I've tryed to use this method on my Acer Aspire one, It gets stuck with a "Still waiting for root device" messege.

This happens right after it loads the com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver extension

• 4 months later...
Boot BOOT-132 CD from HD (under Win2000, XP , win2003)

Assume your windows install at C:\

step2: Extract files ieldr and isoemu.ini to C:\

step3: Edit isoemu.ini replace line isoemu isogrub.iso to isoemu yourBOOT-132CD.iso

step5: Reboot, when show NTLoader Menu , choose menu item "BOOT-132 CD"

Boot BOOT-132 CD from USB Stick

step2: Extract files ieldr and isoemu.ini to your USB Stick.

step3: Google for bootsect.exe. Under Command Prompt : C:\>bootsect.exe /nt52 X: (X: is your USB stick)

step5: Under C:\ , Copy boot.ini , bootfont.bin , NTDETECT.COM , ntldr to you USB stick.

step6: Reboot , setting BOIS make sure boot from USB stick

step7: When show NTLoader Menu , choose menu item "BOOT-132 CD"

NOTE: If your USB stick recognized as USB-HDD is better.

==========================

I tested generic.iso , it was worked.

I try to install OSX on my EEE PC 1000HE using a USB drive (8GB, F32). I don't have Windows installed on my netbook, but I'm using a seperate Windows XP PC to run ddmac (Leopard Install Helper). I reently tried to follow your Tutorial to boot the boot132 image from the USB stick. I got bootsect modifying the USB's MBR and copied the stuff from ISOemu, but I don't have the the files bootfont.bin, NTDETECT.COM and ntldr. I searched the drive C: to find them with no success. Can you help me, twilight.lee?

That isn't caused by the method itself. It is caused by not having the proper kext loaded for your chipset. For my mobo I used to need a driver for my ICH10 chipset. Find out what it is, add it and you should be fine.

I've tryed to use this method on my Acer Aspire one, It gets stuck with a "Still waiting for root device" messege.

This happens right after it loads the com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver extension