[UPDATE] Sentelic Touchpad Driver v1.1.2 - Installer Package

nhand42

23 posts in this topic

Some people have asked for a simpler installation method for the Sentelic Touchpad Driver. I've put together an Installer Package that installs the Sentelic driver and keeps a copy of your original driver, just in case. Instructions are included inside the DMG. Feedback is always welcome.

This driver should Just Work with 10.5.6. Untested on 10.5.4 but should Just Work there as well. The old instructions to fix the Trackpad preference pane are no longer required; the fix is now included in the package.

[uPDATE]

Version 1.1.2: Thanks to Fredrik Andersson the driver now supports horizontal and vertical Scroll Regions. Slide your finger on the bottom and right edges of the trackpad to scroll. Much better than the Corner Scroll.

[FEATURES]

* Enables Trackpad Preference Pane

* Enable/Disable Clicking (Tap To Click)

* Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling

* Adjust Tracking Speed

[DOESN'T WORK]

* Two Finger Scrolling

* Adjust Scrolling Speed

* Dragging and Drag Lock

* Ignore Accidental Trackpad Input

ApplePS2Controller_WithSentelic_1.1.2_src.zip

Sentelic_Touchpad_Driver_1.1.2.dmg.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to download the file. When I click on the link I get an forum error that says "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

Has the file been deleted? Can someone PM or repost the file?

Thanks!

Hello, I've extended this driver a bit among the things I've done so far.

1. Right slidescroll support

2. Improved accuracy

3. Other minor modifications to improve the experience.

Binary available at: http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/A...roller.kext.zip

(Source code is yet to come)

This is still a work in progress, although I consider it atleast as functional as the OPs driver, I'll post a source patch within the next few days- I'm still busy implementing some experimental features.

The ones I'm currently working/investigating on are possibilities of two finger scroll support (instead of rightside slide scroll),

A custom settings application that allows for better configuration of the touchpad and to allow for some other features (which I still wish to remain disclosed as I can't promise they will actually be practically usable), but one of them is the ability to let the touchpad be used as a small tablet for handwritten text alternately painting, the major problem with that is that the silentic pad is capacitive so the stylus would have to be conducting)

Otherwise... The Silentic touchpad is a really fine piece of equipment, it's just too bad the drivers aren't up to snuff, nor is documentation. But the linux driver allows for alot of hints fortunately :D

Hello, I've extended this driver a bit among the things I've done so far.

1. Right slidescroll support

2. Improved accuracy

3. Other minor modifications to improve the experience.

Binary available at: http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/A...roller.kext.zip

(Source code is yet to come)

This is still a work in progress, although I consider it atleast as functional as the OPs driver, I'll post a source patch within the next few days- I'm still busy implementing some experimental features.

The ones I'm currently working/investigating on are possibilities of two finger scroll support (instead of rightside slide scroll),

A custom settings application that allows for better configuration of the touchpad and to allow for some other features (which I still wish to remain disclosed as I can't promise they will actually be practically usable), but one of them is the ability to let the touchpad be used as a small tablet for handwritten text alternately painting, the major problem with that is that the silentic pad is capacitive so the stylus would have to be conducting)

Otherwise... The Silentic touchpad is a really fine piece of equipment, it's just too bad the drivers aren't up to snuff, nor is documentation. But the linux driver allows for alot of hints fortunately :)

..anyone tried it with good results ? :-)

..anyone tried it with good results ? :-)

I tried and it works !!!!!!!!

It is exelenet!

Now I scroll like I have synaptic touchpad!!!!

Thank's!!!!

One amathar thing. I did this:

Fixing the Trackpad Preference Pane - Experts Only

This should not be necessary on most computers but sometimes the Trackpad preference pane refuses to appear. This is because OS X checks for supported hardware before loading the preference pane, and as far as Apple is concerned the Sentelic is not supported. However with a little fiddling I have enabled the 10.5.6 Keyboard and Trackpad preference panes with the new Sentelic enabled driver.

First modify the 10.5.6 Trackpad preference pane to disable Apple's vendor ID check. Edit the Info.plist for the Trackpad.prefPane

Code:$ sudo pico /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Info.plist

And remove these lines

Code:<key>VendorID</key>

<integer>1452</integer>

Save the file then reboot. Notice that the Trackpad preference pane does *not* yet appear in System Preferences. Next grab the 10.5.5 Keyboard preference pane from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fxmezuyejmf

Install it using the standard technique but do *not* delete the 10.5.6 Keyboard preference pane

Code:$ sudo mv /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane.10.5.6

$ sudo chmod 000 /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane.10.5.6

$ sudo mv ~/Downloads/Keyboard.prefPane /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane

$ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane

restart

And now you can use settings in System Preferences !!!!

Yes..me too !

On tha msi wind forums we can get the enabler for the orizzontal scrolling even!

Absolutely fantastic :-)

No enabler is necessary, this driver enables both vertical and horizontal scrolling by default.

The settings dialog is also populated experimentally as of the latest version of the driver- however...

Scroll settings / sensitivity aren't functional yet, they just appear in the preferences, next version will add functionality for the settings. (Actually the only setting that we got for free by having the driver propagate it's scrolling abilities to the prefspane is the scroll zoom function)

I'm also looking into make the "ignore trackpad when typing" etc settings to actually have any effect, but I will not set any release date for the new driver, it may be released tomorrow- it may be released in a month.

As most of those who tried noticed- it's fully usable as it is right now.

Just a heads-up to everyone here that wants their trackpad preferences working: marko_tmf's suggestion is the old way to get it to work. It's not really recommended because your modifications could get overwritten by future OS updates (not to mention that it's long-winded and unnecessary). The new and preferred method goes like this (Note to MrFluff: maybe put this into your next release?):

After installing MrFluff's kext, go into Terminal and type:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Then, inside the editor you will see a block of code that looks like this:

<key>Sentelic FSP</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>ApplePS2SentelicFSP</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>6000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>ApplePS2MouseDevice</string>
	</dict>

Replace that ENTIRE block with this new code:

<key>Sentelic FSP</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad</string>
		<key>HIDPointerAccelerationType</key>
		<string>HIDTrackpadAcceleration</string>
		<key>VendorID</key>
		<integer>1452</integer>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>ApplePS2SentelicFSP</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>6000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>ApplePS2MouseDevice</string>
	</dict>

Save your changes with CTRL-X, hit Y to save, and then ENTER

Finally, clear your kext caches by typing:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/
rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/

Now, reboot with -f and you should have the trackpad prefpane :(

(Note to MrFluff: maybe put this into your next release?):

Good call, and thanks for the information- I'll make sure that all my future versions will have this plist setting.

Note to everyone: I wont however make any installer packages- if you have trouble install, look for a third party installer.

Cybergregs installer package contains the very latest version, and also modifies the keyboard pane (the old way I suppose)

nhand42 may eventually release an updated (and source synched) installer package.

if you want the absolut bleeding edge version of the driver you'll have to download it in kext form, I'll push changes wheneither I can.

These links will be valid until further notice:

The latest binary http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/A...roller.kext.zip

(I only distribute the actual driver file, the rest is identical to nhand42s initial port)

The latest source http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/A...SentelicFSP.cpp

No enabler is necessary, this driver enables both vertical and horizontal scrolling by default.

The settings dialog is also populated experimentally as of the latest version of the driver- however...

Scroll settings / sensitivity aren't functional yet, they just appear in the preferences, next version will add functionality for the settings. (Actually the only setting that we got for free by having the driver propagate it's scrolling abilities to the prefspane is the scroll zoom function)

I'm also looking into make the "ignore trackpad when typing" etc settings to actually have any effect, but I will not set any release date for the new driver, it may be released tomorrow- it may be released in a month.

As most of those who tried noticed- it's fully usable as it is right now.

Yes U'r right , I was meaning Installer=enabler ..just to keep informed the community as well. :unsure:

Cybergregs installer package contains the very latest version, and also modifies the keyboard pane (the old way I suppose)

nhand42 may eventually release an updated (and source synched) installer package.

My installer package uses the newer; adds in the VendorID to plist method and does not alter the keyboard pref at all.

:unsure:

My Wind Driver pack does modify the keyboard pref but only to allow those with Synaptics trackpads the ability to access TrackPad settings.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Some people have asked for a simpler installation method for the Sentelic Touchpad Driver. I've put together an Installer Package that installs the Sentelic driver and keeps a copy of your original driver, just in case. Instructions are included inside the DMG. Feedback is always welcome.

My feedback is simple - thanks a ton!!

Got my Wind U100, spent a night installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. etc. etc. (what can I say, I'm new to the hackintosh community -_- ) and, through it all, the trackpad was driving me up. the. wall. This package not only removes the problem but makes the trackpad a pleasure to use. Thank you very much!!

• 5 weeks later...

Halo,

I have a MSI X340 laptop with the Sentelic Trackpad. I have installed the latest release from here. But I can´t scroll with two fingers by taping on the right corner of the trackpad.

What I am doing wrong? Please help me by saying what is possible to do with the sentelic trackpad under MAC OS and this fantastic driver.

Thank you guys !

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry if this is way out of date, but has anyone discovered a solution for 10.6.x?

I'm running 10.6.6 and my sentelic touchpad works ok (corner scrolling etc) but I can't change any prefs (i.e., track rate, etc)

Bit of a n00b, so HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks,

Scott