Need help * Driver for Dell Mini PCI-E card DW1390 for my Aspire One

Frank Rod

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Im looking to get the driver for windows xp Pro for this wireless card: Broadcom BCM94311MCG Mini PCIe Card AKA Dell DW1390. I tried the driver on the dell website but it doesn't work. If there anyone know where I can get the driver for my Aspire One for windows XP and for OSX 10.5.6.

Thank you

Frank

Hi,

Im looking to get the driver for windows xp Pro for this wireless card: Broadcom BCM94311MCG Mini PCIe Card AKA Dell DW1390. I tried the driver on the dell website but it doesn't work. If there anyone know where I can get the driver for my Aspire One for windows XP and for OSX 10.5.6.

Thank you

Frank

Frank,

DELL drivers will not work if you are on a NON-DELL machine.

I fixed right now the problem on Windows xp by manually installing the attached .inf and .sys files.

On OS X 10.5.6 you should have Airport native support (I have got it...)

Bye! :blink:

drv_bcm4311.zip

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Frank,

DELL drivers will not work if you are on a NON-DELL machine.

I fixed right now the problem on Windows xp by manually installing the attached .inf and .sys files.

On OS X 10.5.6 you should have Airport native support (I have got it...)

Bye! :)

Thanks Man! These worked great for my DW1390 on XP... In fact I am posting this using the same drivers...

• 2 months later...

I had to add new hardware and manually select item then when it showed the item I had to search for the broadcom device (broadcom 5701 gigabit ethernet controller) and save to stick then point it to the software to install it.

PITA considering it was meant to be a multi platform device!!!!!!

If you are going to use the drivers in post#2 then you have to select network device for a/b/g or it wont work with just b/g , it just won't connect.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm sure this is all well and after the fact but this driver just bailed me out with my newly installed DW1390 in my aspire one - Thanks very much!

I just got an Acer Aspire One as well and ordered the DW1390 and have that installed already but need to

set up a Win XP driver for it on a fresh WinXP install. I downloaded WinZip and have the two posted setup

and system files. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to cut-n-paste the contents of these files into my system

and setup boot files, or replace them. Since the consequences of a mistake here will hose me, I thought I'd

ask for clarification on what to do with these files.

A buddy let me borrow his HackIntosh USB stick which boots on my computer fine and recognizes the the

Wireless DW1390 just fine.

Thanks,

"The Noob" (Jay)

• 2 months later...

Hi, i think i'm a day late and a dollar short but either way, i have an AAO A150 in which i have installed ideneb v1.4 and ubuntu 9.04. Obviously, the atheros card that came with it worked in ubuntu but not in OS X. so i did what any sane person would do and bought a DW1390 card and installed it. I booted into OS X and it wasn't recognized no matter what i did. I then booted into ubuntu fearing the worst, and it turns out that no drivers were activated. so i activated the proprietary driver and viola, it worked perfectly, better than the atheros card. BUT when i booted into OS X again, the card wasn't recognized. I have spent the last 3 hours booting back and forth from ubuntu to OS X trying to fix the problem but to no avail. I'm open to any suggestions :2cents: