10.5.6 NVIDIA 7400 GO 256 MB Driver for HP DV5000 Laptops... Dual display and high performance....

ozgehan

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have attached the NVDarwin.kext file for Nvidia 7400 Go 256MB. I have changed the NVCAP and enabled dual monitor display (Laptop + DVI)... And 3d performance of the card is very satisfactory... QE is enabled...

To install:

First install the regular NVDarwin for 256 MB in the Leopard Installation CD.

Then replace the NVDarwin.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions with the one attached...

DONT FORGET to backup your original driver... The use is fully in your own responsibility...

Hope it works for every 7400 go 256 MB cards...

NVdarwin.kext.zip

Please attach to this post "regular NVDarwin for 256 MB in the Leopard Installation CD"

Sorry, my engish is so bad )

Tnx, i write post if 7400 will work on my Sony Vaio FE21HR

Now i have 10.5.5 update.

10.5.6 critical for your NVdarwin.kext ? It not will work on 10.5.5 ?

Tnx

I install NVDarwin.kext and video card Go 7400 determine correctly. But graphic mode is only 1024x768.

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400:

Модель набора микросхем: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Тип: Монитор

Шина: PCIe

Ширина полосы PCIe: x16

VRAM-память (всего): 256 МБ

Производитель: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID устройства: 0x01d8

Ревизия: 0x00a1

Ревизия ROM: NVdarwin 1.2.5

Мониторы:

Монитор:

Разрешение: 1024 x 768

Глубина цвета: 32-бит, цвет

Образ Core: ПО

Основной монитор: Да

Синхронизация: Выкл.

Онлайн: Да

Quartz Extreme: Не поддерживается

Подключение дисплея:

What can I do to repair this ?

Well,

First of all you had to install the NVDarwin 256 package from the 10.5.6 Leopard CD and NOTHING ELSE for the Graphic cards. Because some other drivers can cause this driver to work...

If you loaded any other drivers before and dont know which one you have loaded, I highly recommend you a clean install...

Hope this helps...

I had install only your NVdarwin.kext.zip . Other drivers from folder "extensions" with "NV*.kext" I was deleted.

I don't have the 10.5.6 Leopard CD. I install Mac from Kalyway 10.5.2 and update it for 10.5.5

Can you attach needed files to this post and tell me for 1) 2) 3) what i need to do ?

Tnx for help )

• 3 months later...

I'm trying for several days now to install this kext on Sony VAIO SZ460n (NVIDIA 7400 GO) without success. I'm getting blank screen. I have a clean retail install, updated to 10.5.6. Any ideas what can be done to get this kext working for VAIO?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have attached the NVDarwin.kext file for Nvidia 7400 Go 256MB. I have changed the NVCAP and enabled dual monitor display (Laptop + DVI)... And 3d performance of the card is very satisfactory... QE is enabled...

To install:

Then replace the NVDarwin.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions with the one attached...

DONT FORGET to backup your original driver... The use is fully in your own responsibility...

NVdarwin.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

This works perfectly for me on my HP laptop with 256M GO 7600. (iPC 10.5.6 w/ vanilla 9.6.0 kernel)

From /System/Library/Extensions/ I deleted: NVinjectGo.kext and copied in the NVdarwin.kext

Works perfectly, hardware acceleration and QE enabled. :-)

Thanks for sharing!!

• 4 months later...

Just so you know... You are a frikkin genius... WOW... Thank you...

Hi all,

To install:

NVdarwin.kext.zip

• 2 months later...

I installed SnowOSX v3.5 on my laptop with:

core duo 1.73

Nvidia 7400 GO (256MB)

I`ve created the entry via EFI Studio for "Nvidia 7600 GT" since that was the closest one. But I think the KEXT itself is missing.

Can anyone point out what should be done?

• 7 months later...

Working fine on laptop Dell 820. (nvidia VNS 120M)

Only issue: How can I force resolution and refresh rate on the external monitor.

I need 1920x1200@60 Hz.

The only available one is 1920x1200@76 Hz and the lcd monitor is refusing it.

Regards

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

To install:

NVdarwin.kext.zip

it works with dv6000 too.

Better performance and double screen is wonderful.

But you have to use kext helper if you don't want any toruble. And restart your hackintosh with -v -f parameters.