Input Remapper 1.0.04 is not compatible with Windows 7 (Build 7000)

Jürgen Beck

8 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got this successfully uninstalled on Windows7 RTM:

Enabled RDP (backup in case something breaks you can still login and use a keyboard and mouse)

Set firewall appropriately

Opened RegEdit

Searched "InputRemapper"

Kept searching until i got to the actual keyboard and mouse properties:

My computers registry locations (there was one of each in controlset01 and controlset02):

Keyboard- computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset01\class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Mouse- computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset01\class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Edit UpperFilters, double click on UpperFilters:

Old Value Keyboard:

kbdclass

InputRemapperFilter

New Value Keyboard:

kbdclass

Old Value Mouse:

mouclass

InputRemapperFilter

New Value Mouse:

mouclass

I did this for each controlset. If you do this, make sure you have kbdclass and mouclass respectively, if you delete these, you will lose your keyboard and mouse control completely unless you RDP into the machine (like I had to...).

After this is completed, I deleted all of the InputRemapper sub-folders that I could find in the registry.

I then removed the InputRemapper folder from Program Files, and the InputRemapper.x86.sys file from system32/drivers folder.

I then rebooted and reinstalled Boot Camp.

Again, I fxxored it up and removed everything from UpperFilters the first time, but I was still able to get it working through RDP...

Only took a couple hours to figure this out... ;)

-Jeff Bachand

• 4 weeks later...
My computers registry locations (there was one of each in controlset01 and controlset02):

Keyboard- computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset01\class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Mouse- computer\hkey_local_machine\system\controlset01\class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Jeff,

Thanks for your help on this. I have been stuck for a month. For anyone else working on this, from safe mode I could not see the \class\ folder but if I performed a 'find' for InputRemapperFilter then regedit would open it and I could see it.

I assume you removed the

\Services\InputRemapperFilter\

entries, but left the

\Enum\HID\VID_0461&PID_4D01\ and

\Enum\HID\VID_05AC&PID_021A&MI_00\

entries in which there are subkey values called 'ActiveService' set to InputRemapperFilter

• 1 month later...
Jeff,

Thanks for your help on this. I have been stuck for a month. For anyone else working on this, from safe mode I could not see the \class\ folder but if I performed a 'find' for InputRemapperFilter then regedit would open it and I could see it.

I assume you removed the

\Services\InputRemapperFilter\

entries, but left the

\Enum\HID\VID_0461&PID_4D01\ and

\Enum\HID\VID_05AC&PID_021A&MI_00\

entries in which there are subkey values called 'ActiveService' set to InputRemapperFilter

Not a problem, I didn't do this in safe mode... but I know with RDP I was able to access everything that i needed and had full keyboard/mouse support. Glad to see it worked out for you.

-Jeff

• 8 months later...

Hi

Got the same terrifying bug as you guys, not being able to log in.

Got the registry open w/ safe mode, deleted all the keys mentioned in this thread, reinstalled boot camp -- still having a problem: my "fn" key is acting like mouse r-click still -- any ideas? id rather not reformat to have to fix this (terrible) program.

also, for anyone looking for windows fan control without the possibility of borking your keyboard, google for "LubbosFanControl"