Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

MAC OS X Retail on ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO /P5Q-EM /P5Q-VM AND OTHERS

Robert

The Drivers and the Boot 132 Files included in this thread should also work for ASUS P5Q PRO Motherboard

This guide should work for all ASUS P5Q Series Motherboard with Intel P45 + ICH10R. Other Motherboards with ICH10R should also work.

post-271572-1230923150_thumb.jpg

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Guide : Click Here

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD

Download IDeneb 10.5.5 - (4.38 GB) or you can also use iAtkos 10.5.5 (2.64 GB)

Download Mac_OS_X_Leopard_10.5.4_9E25_Retail.dmg (7.01 GB).

Download MAC OS X 10.5.7 UPDATE

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail (7.01 Gb) + MAC OS X 10.5.7 UPDATE . Overall you can get the original Apple MAC OS X version 10.5.5 (9F33) Original-Retail, without any problems and then updated directly from www.apple.com without any problem.

The original works Faster and more stable than Hackintosh versions. The original is installed via the native Vanilla kernel.

STEP 2: FLASHING BIOS

You can find Modified Bios for P5Q Motherboards Here or Here

2. Save the modified Bios File to USB FlashDrive or Floppy disk.

3. After reboot press "DELETE" to enter setup

4. Go to section TOOLS > mark ASUS EZ Flash2 > press Enter > press OK

5. Press "TAB" > Select a key "Down arrow" or "Up arrow" saved on a floppy disk or flash-drive file 1611-P5Q-PRO_JC_All_OS_MAC_Incl.ROM

6. Press �ENTER�.

7. Select "OK" > press "ENTER"

8. System will erase the old BIOS and will write the new one

9. And in 5 seconds will automatically reboot

STEP 3: LOADING BIOS OPTION.

CHANGE THE STORAGE CONFIGURATION IN BIOS TO AHCI.

Also make sure that the Firewire option is Enabled in the Bios. [/color]

STEP 4: PARTITION

I used PartedMagic to create the Partition. I did the partition like this.

First Partition : FAT 32 Partition for the Boot 132 Files (If you are planning to create a bootable drive with Boot 132 files instead of the USB Flash Drive) / This drive is not necessary if you are going to install PC EFI V9

You can avoid the creation of the FAT 32 Partition if you are going to install PC EFI V 9 on the Mac OS X drive.....See Step 11

Second Partition: HFS Journled Partition for iDeneb Installation name it as MACOSX

Third Partition : HFS Journled Image for restoring Mac OS X Retail Image name it as RETAIL IMAGE

post-271572-1230825947_thumb.jpg

STEP 5: Creating a Bootable USB Flash Drive

1. Download these two files: Asus_P5Q_RX_Create_Flash_SYSLINUX_3.72.part1.zip and Asus_P5Q_RX_Create_Flash_SYSLINUX_3.72.part2.zip

2. Place both the files in a single folder.

3. Right click on the first file and select Extract Files using Winrar

post-271572-1230828296_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230828309_thumb.jpg

4. Type in the Destination as C:\1 and then click on OK

post-271572-1230828324_thumb.jpg

5. Connect your USB Drive and format with FAT32

6. Open CMD (Run as an Administrator if you are in Vista) and Enter CD C:\1\win32

post-271572-1230828456_thumb.jpg

7. Type syslinux.exe -ma [drive letter]: For example: SYSLINUX.EXE -ma R: if your drive letter is R

post-271572-1230828667_thumb.jpg

8. Now copy the files from ASUS_P5Q_BOOT_132.rar into the USB Flash Drive

post-271572-1230832505_thumb.jpg

Now you have a Bootable Flash Drive ready. Now with your Bootable Flash Drive you can load both the installation of MAC OS X IMAGE and also MAC OS X Retail.

To check if the USB Drive is Bootable. Follow the below steps.

1. Right Click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage'

2. Now click on Disk Management.

3. Here check if the USB Flash Drive is Active.

post-271572-1230846304_thumb.jpg

4. If it is not active then right click on the drive and make it Active.

STEP 6: INSTALLATION

First we need to Install IDeneb 10.5 or iATKOS 10.5 its upto you.

Please change the Storage Configuration in the Bios to AHCI

If you are Installing iDeneb

1. Burn ISO Ideneb 1.3 on DVD-R or DVD-RW.

2. Boot with -x -v

3. Once you get the option to select the Drive.

4. Enter Disk Utility and Format the Drive named MACOSX with Mac OS Journled

5. Select the drive MACOSX and then click Next

6. Click Customize and and select the appropriate Video Drivers according to the graphics card that you have installed.

7. Also select Kext_Helper_b7.zip and X11.

You can try to boot with -x -v cpus=1 if you are facing problems to get the installation to start

If you are Installing iAktos

1. Burn ISO iAtkos 10.5.5 on DVD-R or DVD-RW.

2. Boot with -v

3. Once you get the option to select the Drive .

4. Enter Disk Utility and Format the Drive named MACOSX with Mac OS Journled

5. Select the drive MACOSX and then click Next

6. Click Customize and and select the appropriate Video Drivers according to the graphics card that you have installed.

7. Once the installation is over it will ask for a restart, do not restart.

8. Open Disk utility and select the MACOSX drive and click Verify Permission

9. Now click Repair Permission and once it is done restart the computer.

If you need more help for installing iDeneb or iATKOS or Installing AHCI Drivers for Windows XP then visit this Thread.

STEP 7: RESTORING OSX RETAIL IMAGE FILE

1. Enter IDeneb / iATKOS

2. Open Disk Utility (FINDER > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility)

3. Right click on the third partition named RETAIL IMAGE and select Restore

post-271572-1230832638_thumb.jpg

4. In the source select the Mac_OS_X_Leopard_10.5.4_9E25_Retail.dmg

post-271572-1230832664_thumb.jpg

5. In the destination drag and drop the drive named RETAIL IMAGE

6. Now click on Restore. This will restore the Mac_OS_X_Leopard_10.5.4_9E25_Retail.dmg to the third drive i.e RETAIL IMAGE

7. Once it is done run this TinkerTool.zip

post-271572-1230833071_thumb.jpg

8. Select Show Hidden and System Files and then click on Relaunch Finder

post-271572-1230833173_thumb.jpg

9. Now unpack and copy OSInstall.mpkg OSInstall.zip

10. Open RETAIL IMAGE Partition > System > Installation > Packages, paste OSInstall.mpkg in here. (Very Important Step if you are installing MAC OS X Retail on a Disk with MBR)

11. It will ask you whether you want to replace the file.... Click on Replace

12. Reboot the machine

STEP 8: INSTALLATION OF MAC OS X RETAIL

===================================================================

PLEASE NOTE HERE THAT

The PS2 Keyboard and Mouse may work or may not work I recommend you all to use the USB Keyboard and Mouse or just buy the USB to PS2 controller its hardly $1.

post-271572-1230844854_thumb.jpg

If you dont want to buy that then You can try to open the initrid.img file which you have copied in your Bootable USB Drive and then replace the ApplePS2contoller.kext and AppleAPIC.kext and ACPIPS2Nub.kext with the working one that you have, which is needed to make the PS2 Keyboard and Mouse work. For Reference Click Here

===================================================================

1. After Restart and a short Beep, press F8.

2. Select the Bootable USB Flash Drive and press ENTER. (Very Very Important)

3. Here Select the drive named RETAIL IMAGE. (If you are not able to see the drive then press 'Esc' key and then type 80 and Press Enter. You can also try 81, 82 etc.)

post-271572-1230839886_thumb.jpg

4. Install the Original Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail:

5. Select the language and click on Continue

6. Run DISK UTILITY

7. Format the Partition MACOSX (format twice the section where IDeneb 10.5.5 was installed: the 1st time with FS FAT32; 2nd time with MAC OS Extended (journaled))

post-271572-1230840153_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230840257_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230840340_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230840357_thumb.jpg

8. Select Your Printer, remove other Language, and mark Fonts and X11.

post-271572-1230840365_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230840373_thumb.jpg

9. INSTALL

10. The last message might show you that MAC OS X Cannot be installed on this machine. Do not Panic... Just restart the Machine.

post-271572-1231077174_thumb.jpg

STEP 9: BOOTING INTO MAC OS X RETAIL AND UPDATING

1. Now Boot using your USB Flash Drive.

2. This time select the drive named MACOSX. (If you are not able to see the drive then press 'Esc' key and then type 80 and Press Enter. You can also try 81, 82 etc.)

3. Boot using -v If you are not able to login then try -x -F. If you receive a mDNSResponder-message then boot with -x -F and then try the following

sudo vsdbutil -a /Volumes/PARTITIONNAME

4. Once you are logged in, First thing is to install the MAC OS X 10.5.5 Update. DO NOT RESTART

post-271572-1230841607_thumb.jpg

5. Now install the Graphics Driver and the LAN Driver and then restart.

6. Boot with -v, the system will restart once or twice it is normal.

7. Now again boot with -v.

8. Your system is now updated to MAC OS X 10.5.5 Retail.

You can also update your system to Mac OS X 10.5.6

STEP 10: INSTALLING DRIVERS

1. To install the drivers run Kext_Helper_b7.zip

2. Drag the .kext files in to the kexthelper type in the password and click Easy Install and then restart the PC

Sound Realtek ALC 1200:(ASUS P5Q MOBO)

New Audio Driver: ALC1200_1056.zip Thanks to Marionez.

First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext and then install the above driver..

Support for the above driver

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

or

Old Audio Driver

ALC_1200_REALTEK_AUDIO.zip

First remove AppleHDA.kext, ALCinject.kext that are there in the extention folder and then install the above driver. This driver will also work for Motherboards with Realtek ALC 1200 Audio Chipset

Sound ADI AD2000B:(ASUS P5Q-E MOBO)

NEW_AD2000B_ROB_XES.zip

OR

ADI_AD2000B_ROB_XES.kext.zip The above drivers will also work for Motherboards with ADI AD2000B Audio Chipset

Marvell kext for IDE HDD and DVD Drives: ASUS_P5Q_RX_MARVELL_IDE_DRIVER.zip Install this if you are not able to see the IDE Drive, otherwise no need to install this driver.

AHCI Fix: FIX "Unknown AHCI Controllers & Orange Disk Icons"

New One: AHCIfixv2_with_10.5.6_kexts__corrected_.zip ... Thanks to Marionez

Asus_P5Q_RX_AHCIFix.1.3_cVaD.dmg.zip

LAN: There is LAN Driver available for Atheros L1e Now..... Install the Kext using Kexthelper ----- Million Thanks to :DReader02 :P and :PMarionez :o for their effort in creating the driver......

You can find ATL1E on:

Desktop Motherboards

Asus P5Q

Asus P5Q SE

Asus P5Q SE/R

Asus P5Q Pro

Asus P5GC MX

Asus P5QL Pro

Asus P5KPL CM

ECS P45T-A

Laptops

Acer Aspire 6530G

Acer Aspire 6920G

Acer Aspire 6930G

Acer Aspire 6935G

Acer Aspire 8930G

Asus EeePC 900A

Asus EeePC 901

Asus EeePC 1000

Asus EeePC 1000H

Asus EeePC 1000HE

:thumbsup_anim:AttansicL1eEthernet.kext.zip :thumbsup_anim:

If you have problems with the driver or if you want any help or if you need a updated driver....You can find it here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140907

If that does not work then you can do this manual method

1. Download this and extract it : AttansicL1eEthernet.zip

2. Open Terminal, type in the path where you have extracted the folder like the example shown below and press Enter

Example: cd /Users/Robert/Downloads/AttansicL1eEthernet/

3. Now type sudo sh installrelease.sh and press Enter

4. Ready to go....

The following Driver is for those LANS with Realtek 8111C LAN Chipset

DRIVER for LAN : ASUS P5Q-EM, ASUS P5Q-VM, AND OTHERS with Realtek 8111C LAN Chipset only....

ASUS_P5Q__Realtek_8111C__LAN_Driver.zip

OR

Just download the driver from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/

It works on RTL8169, RTL8168, RTL8110, RTL8111, RTL8100, RTL8101 chips and their modifications.

Ethernets with Marvell Chipsets can use the following Driver. I am Using D-Link DGE-530T GigaExpress Ethernet Controller

D_LINK_DGE_530_T_DRIVER_RX.zip

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller: P5Q Deluxe Motherboard....... IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller: P5Q Deluxe Motherboard....... skge_for_P5Q_Deluxe.zip

Graphics: http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

SOME ATI VIDEO DRIVER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125595

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

STEP 11: INSTALLING BOOTLOADERS

You can avoid the creation of the FAT 32 Partition if you are going to install PC EFI V 9 or Chameleon Bootloader on the Mac OS X drive.....

There are three methods....Use any one

Method I: Installing PC EFI V9 OR

Method II: Installing Chameleon 2 Bootloader

Method III: Boot Using Bootable Fat 32 Partition

(Use Method III only if Method I and Method II does not work.)

=======================================================

Method I:

How To Install Bootloader and Dual Boot: PC EFI V9

Many Thanks to Apreichner

This little guide assumes you used an MBR partition during install as the tutorial states. It also assumes you used the same hard drive for Windows. It also assumes you successfully installed Leopard Retail using a thumb drive with Boot132.

Step 1: Boot into Leopard Retail and install the necessary kexts for Internet browsing using Kext Helper.

Step 2: Download this file: bootloader.zip.

Step 3: Extract the file anywhere, it doesn't really matter where. An easy place would be your desktop. After you extract, run Bootloader.pkg. Follow the on screen steps (During install, if asked where to install, select your Macintosh partition. DO NOT RESTART after install.

Step 4: Install and run Tinker Tool and enable viewing of hidden files.

Step 5: Travel to the root of your Macintosh disk. Locate the file labeled "boot" and the folder "Extras". Delete both of this and empty the trash.

Step 6: Travel to the thumb drive where you installed Boot132. Copy the file labeled "boot" and paste it to the root of your Macintosh folder.

Step 7: Go back into the Boot132 drive and mount the image "initrd.img" by double clicking on it. It will then be listed under Device on the left navigation bar, click it and copy the "Extras" folder from there and paste it into the root of your Macintosh drive.

Reboot your system and make sure your hard drive is your first boot device.

Method II: (Not recommended for those who have Win XP and Mac OS X on different HDD)

How to Install the Chameleon 2 Bootloader

Many Thanks to Apreichner

Alright the RC of Chameleon 2 looks great! This should work on both GUID and MBR partitions. If you dual boot with multiple hard drives on GUID, you will enjoy the added benefit of your other operating systems being auto-detected and not needing to press Esc and enter in a drive number.

If you are upgrading from my PC_EFI_v9 tutorial there are three things you should do first:

1. Delete the file named "boot" in the root of your Mac drive.

2. Ensure the "Extra" folder on the root of your drive is indeed titled "Extra" and not "Extras" (I can't remember how it was, I just deleted it.)

3. Cut and paste the "Extra" folder to your desktop.

Installation:

1.Download the Chameleon 2 Installer Package. Unfortunately, I can't provide a link because of board rules, but if you do a google search for "Chameleon 2 Installer Package" you will find a page titled "Chameleon: Chameleon 2.0RC1" is out! . You can find the package from there. (Make sure you download the Installer Package and not the Binaries.)

2. Install it to your Macintosh drive.

3. Located the initrd.img file on your Boot132 and mount the image. Go inside of the mounted Initrd image and copy the folder titled "Extra" to the root of your Macintosh drive. (If you are upgrading from my PC_EFI_v9 tutorial, you can just paste the Extra folder from you desktop to the root of your Mac drive)

4. Restart your computer.

Please also note: If you used an MBR partition and installed Windows on the same hard drive AFTER installing Mac OS X, and it continues to boot straight to Windows instead of the bootloader. I suggest you download the GParted live cd and make sure your Macintosh drive is set with a "boot" flag.

Known Issue: There might be problems booting Windows XP if it is on a separate hard drive. I'm (Apreichner) working on solutions for that now. This is a known problem by the Chameleon team. If this problem occurs then to boot XP use the standard F8 at bios to select other drive.

Method III:

(IF you don't want to use the USB Drive for Booting or don't want to install PC EFI V9 or Chameleon Bootloader then follow the below given steps).

1. Download these two files: Asus_P5Q_RX_Create_Flash_SYSLINUX_3.72.part1.zip and Asus_P5Q_RX_Create_Flash_SYSLINUX_3.72.part2.zip

2. Place both the files on a single folder.

3. Right click on the first file and extract using Winrar

4. Type in the Destination as C:\1 and then click on OK

6. Open CMD (Run as an Administrator if you are in Vista) and Enter CD C:\1\win32

7. Type syslinux.exe -f [drive letter]: For example: SYSLINUX.EXE -f D: if your drive letter is D or syslinux.exe -ma -f D: if your drive letter is D

post-271572-1230845759_thumb.jpg

8. Now copy the files from ASUS_P5Q_BOOT_132.rar into the FAT 32 Drive

post-271572-1230832505_thumb.jpg

post-271572-1230829043_thumb.jpg

To check if the FAT 32 Partition on your HDD is Bootable. Follow the below steps.

1. Right Click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage'

2. Now click on Disk Management.

3. Here check if your FAT 32 Drive is Active.

4. If it is not active then right click on the drive and make it Active.

5. Now no need to insert the USB Drive everytime you want to boot into MAC OS X Retail.

6. Reboot and this time boot from the HDD in which you have this FAT32 Partition

12. SOLUTIONS FOR SOME KNOW PROBLEMS

1. For anyone having issues booting from power off you need to see Searay_X post HERE

2. Time Machine Not working because of ATL1E Driver....See Here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1117295

3. More Solutions are welcomed....If you have some solutions please let me know I will update the post....

For more Drivers, Patches and Fixes Visit the link inside the text file

pcwiz.txt

==============================================================

I have worked very hard on this post.........It took me the whole day to type and verify the post....And a week to get all the proper files needed and a month for the experiments and the failures. But Like I always say.........Nothing is Impossible and Dont Give Up..............

===============================================================

ENJOY........IF YOU WANT TO THANK ME THEN PLEASE VOTE.....

Your Vote will encourage me to do such challenging stuffs in future

My System

Motherboard--------------- ASUS P5Q

Storage-------------------- 2 X 160 GB SATA Seagate 1 X 200 GB PATA Seagate

CPU-------------------------Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4 Ghz

OS-------------------------- MAC OS X Retail / Windows 7 / Win XP / Suse Linux 11.1

RAM------------------------ Transcend 4 GB 800 MHz

LAN Card------------------- D-Link 530 T Gigabit 1 Gbps

Graphics Card-------------- XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

post-271572-1230927807.jpg

post-271572-1240451852_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there mate, it seems you worked a lot in this tutorial, it's the perfect way for me to begin after reading a well amount of pages in this thread.

Before following your steps i'm in doubt with the BIOS thing, i read in the last pages of the previous thread that a Chameleon patching is also available so i won't have to flash my ROM. I'm not affraid of patching a beta or alpha BIOS (currently i'm using one modified ROM from a guy on XtremeSystems for my P5Q-Pro), what i want to know is what is best, the BIOS flashing or Chameleon patching? What is exactly modified on the BIOS? (i'm ocing my system so i need all the tweaks available to could OC my machine in a stable way)

After this step, i'll follow your article and i'll check if it works with my P5Q-Pro ... btw, after all your tricks, i'll be able to boot the Mac partition from Grub? (i'm planning a tri-boot system with Win, Mac and GNU/Linux)

Thanks in advance for all, keep up the good work! :(

Thanks alot for the tutorial, installed without any big problems first time ver.

Updated to 10.5.5 and also to 10.5.6 and all software updates.

The only problem i have is installing the audio drivers. I removed the 2 files from the extension folder, then installed new ones with kext helper and restarted.

But in system profiler no audio is detected and when i play something i hear nothing.

Any direction on how to fix this?

Second question: What driver should i install for my Club3d HD3450 256mb graphic card?

Thanks!

One word: GURU!

...and a few questions :) . Can you give us some Xbench comparisons between say iDeneb and the retail version?? Are there any functional differences between the two? It seems the onboard lan still does not work. Is it as stable as running a real mac? I've had a few unrecoverable freezes with iDeneb.

I'm also curious about how to set up a triple boot system.

Hats off to you.

After this step, i'll follow your article and i'll check if it works with my P5Q-Pro ... btw, after all your tricks, i'll be able to boot the Mac partition from Grub? (i'm planning a tri-boot system with Win, Mac and GNU/Linux)

Would be very interesting for me too.

Thanks alot for the tutorial, installed without any big problems first time ver.

Updated to 10.5.5 and also to 10.5.6 and all software updates.

The only problem i have is installing the audio drivers. I removed the 2 files from the extension folder, then installed new ones with kext helper and restarted.

But in system profiler no audio is detected and when i play something i hear nothing.

Any direction on how to fix this?

Second question: What driver should i install for my Club3d HD3450 256mb graphic card?

Thanks!

In the system profiler even I cant see the Audio but it works, I suggest you should try to install the kexts once again.

You can also try this Driver

Regarding the Graphics Card I think you should watch for this Post

One word: GURU!

...and a few questions :) . Can you give us some Xbench comparisons between say iDeneb and the retail version?? Are there any functional differences between the two? It seems the onboard lan still does not work. Is it as stable as running a real mac? I've had a few unrecoverable freezes with iDeneb.

I'm also curious about how to set up a triple boot system.

Hats off to you.

I loved IDeneb but I love MAC OS X Retail more than IDeneb for the past 3 Days I have been working on MAC OS X Retail and I did not find any problem and I found MAC OS X Retail a little Faster ......It feels like real Mac. Onboard LAN Does not work.....Triple Boot I have not tried that out as I have all the Four OS, MAC OS X, VISTA, SUSE LINUX AND WIN XP IN Four different Hard Drivers Respectively......I think you will be able to boot into other OS by using the USB Flash Drive or by using the Bootable FAT32 Partition method.

Hi there mate, it seems you worked a lot in this tutorial, it's the perfect way for me to begin after reading a well amount of pages in this thread.

Before following your steps i'm in doubt with the BIOS thing, i read in the last pages of the previous thread that a Chameleon patching is also available so i won't have to flash my ROM. I'm not affraid of patching a beta or alpha BIOS (currently i'm using one modified ROM from a guy on XtremeSystems for my P5Q-Pro), what i want to know is what is best, the BIOS flashing or Chameleon patching? What is exactly modified on the BIOS? (i'm ocing my system so i need all the tweaks available to could OC my machine in a stable way)

Thanks in advance for all, keep up the good work! ;)

I have not yet tried the DSDT Patcher so I am not sure.......

I have been using the Modded Bios for couple of months now......My system is stable....

I will try to use the DSDT Patcher once I get some time....

The modification you can see this post. I have not changed any RAM Settings.

Finally! After seven hours of trying...

I'm on 10.5.6 Retail right now. I couldn't boot the system after I installed the 10.5.5 update, so I booted up in safe mode and updated to 10.5.6. And now everything works fine so far!

Many thanks to RoberT_XeS for making this possible! And maximum respect for making this guide! Great Work!

Finally! After seven hours of trying...

I'm on 10.5.6 Retail right now. I couldn't boot the system after I installed the 10.5.5 update, so I booted up in safe mode and updated to 10.5.6. And now everything works fine so far!

Many thanks to RoberT_XeS for making this possible! And maximum respect for making this guide! Great Work!

Congrats Dude........................

Hi Robert, and everybody

Great thread! I'm a little frustrated I still can't get passed this loading screen.

post-326057-1230925367.jpg

I feel that I have tried everything. I'm booting from a regular hard drive instead of USB drive, don't know if this makes any difference. I also purchased a usb to ps2 cabel tody to see if that would help, no luck there either. And I have tried booting with -x -F.

I'm running out of ideas, mabye there is a way to mod the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail.dmg image file/ so that it is more suted for my system. I need some help here, would appricate any suggestions.icon1.gif

Here are my system specs:

P5Q PRO,

Quad Core 6600,

4 gb ocz,

ATI HD 2600 xt

and a serial ata 320 segate system disk.

Hi Robert, and everybody

Great thread! I'm a little frustrated I still can't get passed this loading screen.

post-326057-1230925367.jpg

I feel that I have tried everything. I'm booting from a regular hard drive instead of USB drive, don't know if this makes any difference. I also purchased a usb to ps2 cabel tody to see if that would help, no luck there either. And I have tried booting with -x -F.

I'm running out of ideas, mabye there is a way to mod the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail.dmg image file/ so that it is more suted for my system. I need some help here, would appricate any suggestions.icon1.gif

Here are my system specs:

P5Q PRO,

Quad Core 6600,

4 gb ocz,

ATI HD 2600 xt

and a serial ata 320 segate system disk.

When you Finish installing Mac OS X it will ask for a restart, do not restart.

Open Disk utility and select the OS X drive and click Verify Permission

Now click Repair Permission and once it is done restart the computer.

One Question: You are having this problem on iDeneb, iATKOS, Retail? or only on MAC OS X Retail

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough but I haven't completed the actual installation of Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail.dmg, this is the screen I get to before the installation wizard, right after they grey loading screen. Thanks for reply anyhow..

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough but I haven't completed the actual installation of Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail.dmg, this is the screen I get to before the installation wizard, right after they grey loading screen. Thanks for reply anyhow..

I had the exact same problem, when I tried to boot from the FAT32 boot partition, so I made a bootable flash drive just like in the guide and it worked.

"I had the exact same problem, when I tried to boot from the FAT32 boot partition, so I made a bootable flash drive just like in the guide and it worked.

I'm not quite sure how my booting works, but I automatically get acsess to my system disk and get to chosse which partition I want to boot from. SWAP is the partition I have the retail image on.

post-326057-1230938140_thumb.jpg

I am very eager to try to boot from the a USB drive but I'm having a little problem I can't get the drive to be active. I have followed the guide to creating the Flashboot drive thourligy but there is one minor problem. When I right click on the Flashdrive in diskmangement "mark as active" is not highlighted and not possible to press. Sorry if I missed something obvious but, hopefully there is an easy solution.

Here is a picture:post-326057-1230937403_thumb.jpg

Thanks for you reply!

"I had the exact same problem, when I tried to boot from the FAT32 boot partition, so I made a bootable flash drive just like in the guide and it worked.

I'm not quite sure how my booting works, but I automatically get acsess to my system disk and get to chosse which partition I want to boot from. SWAP is the partition I have the retail image on.

post-326057-1230938140_thumb.jpg

I am very eager to try to boot from the a USB drive but I'm having a little problem I can't get the drive to be active. I have followed the guide to creating the Flashboot drive thourligy but there is one minor problem. When I right click on the Flashdrive in diskmangement "mark as active" is not highlighted and not possible to press. Sorry if I missed something obvious but, hopefully there is an easy solution.

Here is a picture:post-326057-1230937403_thumb.jpg

Thanks for you reply!

Download Gparted its 50 MB, boot into Gparted and start the partition tool and make the USB Drive Bootable.

Take a look http://www.commodore.ca/windows/make_bootable_usb_drive.htm

If you have a smaller USB Flash Drive then try that one...........

Hi all and dear Robert

It's seems that some of us have a problem with APPLEVIAATA.KEXT, freeze comes when RAM overcharge nearlly 3Gb

Read this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127611

The problem was that AppleVIAATA driver used 32 bits addresses to make DMA. In an environment with 4 gb of ram, you need 64 bits addresses. I've rewritten some code so that this kext uses a kernel api which supports 64 bits.

So i tried their new appleviaata v2, and now no more problem , ram charge over >3GB ( i own 4Gb) BUT now i loose once again IDE drive

To help you, here 3 type of appleviaata

Juzzi driver Asus_P5Q_PRO_JC_Marvell_6111_AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Your driver AppleVIAATA.kext.zip (IDE drive work perfect but freeze when RAm charge over 3Gb)

Slachack driver Look here http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list (Works perfect over 2Gb but no more IDE drive)

Have you personnaly problem when charge over 3gb with your driver

Cheers

Hi all and dear Robert

It's seems that some of us have a problem with APPLEVIAATA.KEXT, freeze comes when RAM overcharge nearlly 3Gb

Read this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127611

The problem was that AppleVIAATA driver used 32 bits addresses to make DMA. In an environment with 4 gb of ram, you need 64 bits addresses. I've rewritten some code so that this kext uses a kernel api which supports 64 bits.

So i tried their new appleviaata v2, and now no more problem , ram charge over >3GB ( i own 4Gb) BUT now i loose once again IDE drive

To help you, here 3 type of appleviaata

Juzzi driver Asus_P5Q_PRO_JC_Marvell_6111_AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Your driver AppleVIAATA.kext.zip (IDE drive work perfect but freeze when RAm charge over 3Gb)

Slachack driver Look here http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list (Works perfect over 2Gb but no more IDE drive)

Have you personnaly problem when charge over 3gb with your driver

Cheers

I am using my driver and I own 4GB RAM 800 MHz but my system is stable and it did not freeze at any point..........

Anyways thanks for updating us regarding this, if I face any problem like this then I will try to change the driver but as of now I am going to continue with my Driver as I have 2 IDE Drives.......................

I am using my driver and I own 4GB RAM 800 MHz but my system is stable and it did not freeze at any point..........

Anyways thanks for updating us regarding this, if I face any problem like this then I will try to change the driver but as of now I am going to continue with my Driver as I have 2 IDE Drives.......................

I will try to compil a new drive.... stay connect

Cheers

EDIT

i add two string in APPLEVIAATA.KEXT V2

and im sur than all P5Q PRO USER will appreciated

here my lspci

03:00.0 IDE interface [0101]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE6121 SATA II Controller [11ab:6121] (rev b2)

and the appleviata.kext i build from slachack driver

USE IF YOU SYSTEM FREEZE OR SYSTEM HALT AND ASKING REBOOT WHEN RAM overchage nearly 3Gb

AppleVIAATA_V2_P5QPRO_incl_.kext.zip

I will try to compil a new drive.... stay connect

Cheers

EDIT

i add two string in APPLEVIAATA.KEXT V2

and im sur than all P5Q PRO USER will appreciated

here my lspci

03:00.0 IDE interface [0101]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE6121 SATA II Controller [11ab:6121] (rev b2)

and the appleviata.kext i build from slachack driver

USE IF YOU SYSTEM FREEZE OR SYSTEM HALT AND ASKING REBOOT WHEN RAM overchage nearly 3Gb

AppleVIAATA_V2_P5QPRO_incl_.kext.zip

Will this also work for ASUS P5Q the Basic one ? and shall I update this on my Post............. Is the IDE Drive Working ?

Will this also work for ASUS P5Q the Basic one ? and shall I update this on my Post............. Is the IDE Drive Working ?

Look your lspci -nn

you should see your IDE driver ID, example:

In the new appleviaata.kext when you edit , you willl see those string:

<string>0x43851002 0x43801002 0x43791002 0x43761002 0x528810b9 0x31491106 0x35121095 0x2360197b 0x2361197b 0x2363197b 0x2365197b 0x2366197b 0x28258086 0x28208086 0x522910b9 0x528910b9 0x05911106 0x55131039 0x43721002 0x528810b9 0x437a1002 0x43821002 0x437a1002 0x21821019 0x43801019 0x43901002 0x43911002 0x43951002 0x436e1002 0x43941002 0x01801039 0x01821039 0x11831039 0x01831039 0x036e10de 0x00e310de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x00ee10de 0x612111ab 0x610111ab</string>

I add 2 last 0x61211ab and 0x610111ab

OSX = 0x + 6121 + 11ab = 0x612111ab = My IDE interface, that's all

If you see your string, use this kext or add your string

Thanks a lot guys you really helped me. :P

It worked booting from flashdrive, but now I'm stuck again.. didn't get very far. I cant get passed the restart screen.

post-326057-1231018937_thumb.jpg

I have erased the drive once to FAT then to HFS journaled as instucted in the guid, this I have repeated several times but still get this error of having to restart. But before I select which drive I'm installing from there is a little warning message saying that I have to repartition to a GUID partiton table. Mabye there is somthing here I have missed. Any suggestions.

post-326057-1231018856_thumb.jpg

I have restarted and about 10 times trying over and over. When I restart i get the same message over and over. When the screen of available disks pops up I can see same red exclamation mark every time. I do the same thing over and over, I restart, erase and create a FAT 32 drive and the HFS drive. Still I get the same message. Hmmm....

I have restarted and about 10 times trying over and over. When I restart i get the same message over and over. When the screen of available disks pops up I can see same red exclamation mark every time. I do the same thing over and over, I restart, erase and create a FAT 32 drive and the HFS drive. Still I get the same message. Hmmm....

EDIT:I think I misunderstood the issue............. You are getting this error message right after you erase the partition..........sorry for that ,,,,,,,,,,,Let me check something here

Did you do these steps from STEP 7: RESTORING OSX RETAIL IMAGE FILE

7. Once it is done run this zip.gif TinkerTool.zip ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 19

8. Select Show Hidden and System Files and then click on Relaunch Finder

9. Now unpack and copy OSInstall.mpkg zip.gif OSInstall.zip ( 855.62K ) Number of downloads: 13

10. Open RETAIL IMAGE Partition > System > Installation > Packages, paste OSInstall.mpkg in here. It will ask you whether you want to replace the file.... Click on Replace

11. Reboot the machine

This Step is very Important.............Because this is the patched OSInstall.mpkg you need to replace the original one with this one otherwise you will receive this error message...........

Hi Robert,

Thanks alot!!! Im currently writing sitting on my osx retail writing. All systems are go. EVEN GOT SOUND WORKING!!!! :lol:

Thanks Again!!!!! Im gonna give you my vote!!!

Good to know that.........Finally.........Congrats