ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

Hello, i built a DSDT Patcher which is capable to patch DSDT in BIOS or generate DSDT.aml.

You need Windows and .NET Framework but you can run the program from any PC, not necessarily the one you want to patch.

Please reports all bugs.

Thanks to all people who were able to patch DSDT before and discovered the hack.

Tested on many Gigabyte BIOS and some others. If you patch BIOS, you don't need to update PC-EFI and you can stay with v8 for example, you can also run Vanilla ppleIntelCPUPowerManagament.kext and AppleRTC.kext.

From netkas: after fixing dsdt and before installing 10.5.6, you HAVE to install either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5

Original BIOS file is patched, put you can choose where you want to generate DSDT.aml

If patching last more than 1 minute, there is a problem and you can stop patching.

Information :

-nVCAP value from 0.1.8 was Dual-DVI one

-GFX Hardware location from 0.1.8 was PCI0

-You can write custom name in Model GFX section, you only need to keep nVIDIA in the string

If compilation error happens :

-You can always check MUTE and Local0 fixes

-WAK and DGPT fix should be used only if there is a warning/error concerning it

Explanation on GFX :

The program doesn't take care of the model name.

You can write whatever you want in the combo box "Model" if you respect with :

-nVIDIA cards model name must start by "nVIDIA"

-ATI cards model name must start by "ATI"

It will calculate the buffer size of the new model name automatically.

Red values are for ATI

Greenvalues are for nVIDIA

And Black values are common.

For ATI framebuffer, you can write whatever you want in the combo Box if your framebuffer isn't listed.

For memory size you can write your value if not listed.

To find hardaware location, use ioreg. You can obtain your DevID (for ATI only) with lspci.

Using this patcher with Gigabyte hardware Dual-BIOS mainboard is risky even if it seems safer.

If you bricked a Dual-BIOS Gigabyte mainboard, follow these instructions : Here (linked removed because of site contents), ask instructions in MP or I will post it later.

EDIT : Read this : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1039930

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 5/many bugs)

-Use Gigabyte FaceWizard dll instead of cbrom to reinsert ACPI module

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 4)

-AMI Bootblock error bug fixes + autorepair signature (+very fast now)

-MAJOR BUG : 4 Bytes missing in AMI BIOS fixed

-DSDT localization in Award BIOS improved

-New CBROM version

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 3)

-AMI Bootblock error fixed

-PEGP instead of GEGP label change

-ALC889a layout-id fixed

-2 versions of ALC888 included

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 2)

-AMI BIOS DSDT localization improved and more reliable

-Partial audio support (ALC888/889a), it replace HDAEnabler.kext, you need 2 plists kext for the moment

(Dev. status : one plist kext needed only)

-PEGP optional in GFX section

-ATI Card support (thanks to roisoft) :

>Framebuffer

>DevID

>RAM MB

>Hardware Location

MUST BE SET

-LAN0/GIGE TM Fix (+GP9 Fix)

-Patch before compile in D/C DSDT

-No more installer, just run it.

Since it's a beta, the program doesn't verify if the combo box are filled, just think filling them, will be corrected in RC1 if no major bugs found.

Ver : 0.2 (Beta)

-Partial AMI BIOS support (don't use GFX or Network to prevent overflow and not booting) : HPET, RTC and Aliases (=CPU Cores)

(Working with almost all AMI BIOS but not with very recent laptops like MSI Wind for the moment.)

-You can extract DSDT.dsl from AMI BIOS now

-MUTE fix

-Dual-DVI, DVI+VGA, TV-OUT ... nVCAP selecter (based on Krazubu research)

-Graphics hardware location selecter, 7950GT added

-P0P added for network hardware location

-Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.8

-Add Decompile/Compile DSDT (D/C)

-Add DSDT.aml from other source

-Add Export DSDT

-Fix broken DSDT.aml patching

-GMA 950 address corrected

-New network fix based on roisoft patch

-Don't overwrite files anymore

-New interface

-DGPT method after WAK instead of devices

Ver : 0.1.7.2

-DGPT Warning fixed

-Intel GMA 950 Desktop added

(thanks to roisoft)

Ver : 0.1.7.0

-DSDT nVidia GFX (for PCI-X only, not AGP) (thanks to roisoft for his help)

Ver : 0.1.6.1

-Add HPET section before RTC if not present for old mainboards

Ver : 0.1.6

-Code rewriting (easier to add function now)

-Vanilla Network (please test and report, I can't test it now, based on Krazubu fix)

All that you need is to have an OSX compatible adaptater and to know its hardware location (use IOReg)

-GP9 Fix (for vanilla network)

Ver : 0.1.4.1

-Patch DSDT instead of BIOS option

-Minor Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.3

-Bug fixes (stability and WAK fix bug)

-Force/Stop on Errors/Warnings

-Show Warnings/Errors

Ver : 0.1

-HPET fix

-RTC fix

-Aliases fix (=CPU Core fix)

-WAK and Local0 patch for compilation

-Patch really fast

Knows Bugs:

-Don't put files in the patcher folder since they will be deleted.

-GP9 Fix not working on AMI DSDT so no GIGE on AMI, use LAN0 fix.

Only Award and (partial) AMI for BIOS patching, DSDT patching function is compatible with all DSDT.aml

capturerel3.jpg

Rapidshare (beta 4)

Patcher02Beta4.zip

Patcher02Beta5.zip

• Like 4

Version 0.2 will be published in a few days :

Added :

-Report Warnings and Errors

-Possibility to force compilation

-Stop on warning function working

-Autofix some warnings and errors

-Possibility to use extracted DSDT instead of BIOS in source

Please report compatibility bugs for 0.1 and post non compatible BIOS here please.

The other DSDT Patcher patch DSDT and only generate DSDT.aml.

This one patch BIOS and can generate DSDT.aml if you don't want to flash.

Moreover, you can use it on any PC, since you don't need anything from the PC you want to patch.

However, it has less compatibility since most notebooks have Phoenix BIOSes or InsydeH2O.

In 0.2 you will be able to generate only fixed DSDT.aml from extracted DSDT.aml but not from BIOS file.

But if you patch you're BIOS, you don't need to care about DSDT.aml later.

It will be capable to provide HDEF audio too and more compilation fixes with autofix in version 0.2

a noob question

can i use it on the MSI wind U1000 notebook ?

thanks for your answer

if you need a tester i am ready for it

sacaman

Keep in mind that with 10.5.6 on a Bios 1.oA u don't need any dsdt.aml file in ur root system for having deepsleep and 10.5.6 compatibility in the wind u 100.

At the same time, i will be happy to give a go with koalala patcher on my ds4 gigabyte :(

Keep in mind that with 10.5.6 on a Bios 1.oA u don't need any dsdt.aml file in ur root system for having deepsleep and 10.5.6 compatibility in the wind u 100.

At the same time, i will be happy to give a go with koalala patcher on my ds4 gigabyte ;)

Thanks FavieX for your info

i am asking if this patcher can help to solve the sound input on the MSI

sacaman :(

sacaman1, apparently your BIOS is not compatible with CBROM, I will try to add multiple BIOS decompilers but not those days.

When HDEF Patch will be finished, it could work, but you'll need a dsdt.aml.

FavleX, I tested the patcher with you're BIOS, it works (may need to check Local0 fix).

Why people still care about DSDT? is have been confirmed that you don't need DSDT in 10.5.6, I already tested my configuration without DSDT and works even more faster than when I was using it. DSDT is useless and slow your machine.

sacaman1, apparently your BIOS is not compatible with CBROM, I will try to add multiple BIOS decompilers but not those days.

FavleX, I tested the patcher with you're BIOS, it works (may need to check Local0 fix).

Which one the DS4 or msi wind ??

Unfortunately , on both of them no windows installation is present... :(

Which one the DS4 or msi wind ??

Unfortunately , on both of them no windows installation is present... ;)

Why people still care about DSDT? is have been confirmed that you don't need DSDT in 10.5.6, I already tested my configuration without DSDT and works even more faster than when I was using it. DSDT is useless and slow your machine.

If you update to 10.5.6 without AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disabler, it will crash.

With a DSDT Patch, you can load this kext without kernel panic, you can delete it after if you want.

But the main use of this program will be the ability to provide HDEF Audio and certainly Backlight for some notebooks.

+1 :( !

CooSee ' Ya

good job

but i still lose my wifi card functionality w/ patched dsdt

on a p35 d3sl

Is your wifi is PCI or PCIe ?

I am asking cause i had wifi problem after 10.5.6 update

(if DSDT patched, card was powered down but kexts were loaded)

anyways i noticed that this problem appears if card is plugged into slot that

is nearest to PCIe Gfx slot (2 machines, 2 different chipsets)

@koalala: are you planning to implement

patching network interface or/and gfx to use them w/o strings, is that possible at the bios level?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=140085

I'll keep an eye on this.. still very noob at this DSDT thing.

It's certain that we don't need DSDT to run 10.5.6 and using Voodoo kernel no Disabler is needed.

But, DSDT can be useful for fixing some hardware problems, like the mentioned sound.. i don't have mic and digital in/out working.

Seems a nice app.. will give it a shot soon :(

Keep up the good work..

And, Merry Christmas to all.

its impressive job that you are doing it here

it will solve a lot of hardware not recognized before on the osx

for the DSDT its true that you don't need it on a special hardware but it a another opportunity to clarify a new dark part between the os and the hardware and is a another step to be closer then the real mac

imagine that your hardware is OOB recognized by the os its not impressive ?

sacaman

If you really think DSDT patch is not needed, maybe is cause you haven´t repaired any ... if you take a look to the code and it´s errors, you find the coders from Hp,sony,acer...etc, sometimes, don´t release a "perfect" code , and that´s a thing they had to.

There are really so many "special" bioses , with lots of issues, like the cpu aliases, faulty definitions on code, sintax errors, code not optimized...

Of course, you can be lucky and get a nice bios, with no errors or warnings cause the code, but this is the less of the times, normally would be better for you to check the dsdt and see what happends there.

Also, now it´s possible to add video injection on dsdt (no more injectors on memory), Time machine fix, audio (for certain soundcards), added compability for appleintelcpupowermanagement and RTC.kext (wich is better than use disablers) and who knows what else will appear on the future...

If you don´t want to use dsdt, it´s up to you, but don´t mislead others, cause they may really need it.

Koalala, thanks so much for this incredible application for windows, for sure, the people that can´t boot with two or more cores will love it so much.

Maclancer, please, inform yourself better about what is this and for WHO is it before post, cause the DSDT patcher was mainly thinked as a error repair tool, and as addon, the HPET and RTC patch.

Here i give you a link, so you can read a little about where this dsdt thing on osx comes:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757