Socket 775 Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

- AUDIO: Realtek ALC888/S/T

- ETHERNET: Realtek RTL8168B/8111B

NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512 DDR3 256bit

PC-800 DDR2 8GB (4x2048MB) Kingston

HDD S-ATA II 320 GB ST3320620AS

PREPARATION:

1. Get the iDeneb 10.5.5 Software

And that's it, just one DVD Image, and nothing more.

2. BIOS Settings:

HERE is great instruction by weeksauce12 about setting up similar P35-DS3L, but it's working here as well.

LET'S GO:

1. Install iDeneb 10.5.5 Software

Just boot from previously burned DVD, and go straight to Disk Utility. Select MBR Partition type, and create only ONE partition in any size you want (HFS+), and left the rest unallocated

for now. In Customize menu select Languages if u want to. DON'T, under any circumstances select any nvidia drivers, we'll do it later. I didn't also choose any sound drivers, cause they won't work now eiter. Ethernet is working OOB, so skip them too. Generally, there is not much to choose from. Get SMBIOS 800 if u want. No kernel needed, iDeneb has it already.

2. First run

After first restart - right after installation - run your OS with '-x -v' commands, it'll get you in safe mode.

3. Drivers

First let's run the GPU. I used beriguu method (click here), and it's working great. Only thing - i got NVDarwin 1.2.4, but i don't think there is any difference. Working flawlessly with 9600GT too, no problems at all.

Audio - thanks to THe KiNG i got my audio fully working (click here). Just use Desktop ALC888ST kext from his thread.

Ethernet - as i wrote before, it's working OOB, no need to do anything.

4. Have fun

Now you can just sit down, and update your OS X with Software Update, nothing will crash after restart etc.

VISTA ULTIMATE:

First, get yourself a bootable image of Acronis Disk Director. Burn it on any CD/DVD you like, and boot from it. When you see the menu, choose Safe Mode, and create NTFS partition from unallocated space you left before. Reboot to Leopard, and use Disk Utility to make it MS-DOS FAT32 (dunno why to be honest, but it's working). Now boot your Vista DVD, and format partition to NTFS again. Go to the whole installing (next, next, next, finish) thing, and you're done here.

Now use your iDeneb DVD again, but boot with -s mode. To get your Darwin back to work, just use commands:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
 flag 1
 write
 quit
 reboot

And that's all, everything should work now.

FINAL RESULT:

obrazek1eh3.th.png

Hope it'll help anyone, have fun :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I tried to install from 10.5.6 iDeneb 1.4 but I get stuck on start up...

post-120757-1243809352_thumb.png

I have AHCI enabled, and power managment from S3 to S1

X11

Audio AC97

Kernel Vanillia

Apple SMBios800

Fix Apple PS2 controler

Seatbelt fix

Thank's for help

• 2 years later...