Apple G5 Front Panel Connector Layout

40 posts in this topic

Hi There

I have a Apple G5 Case with the included front panel connect, (Power Button, Audio Out, Firewire, USB) except i have runed into a little problem. I don't know which pin to connect to for the POWER-LED on my motherboard.

Here is the layout of the pin:

layout0ym.gif

Which pins do I connect to and which order?

You connect pin 13 to your power led V+ and pin 2 to the ground pin. Pin 14 is for the power button, you would connect that to the power buttons V++ pin on your motherboard.

please helP! this is the only thing I need to put my computer together and try to boot OSX86!

I would help you, but I cant seem to access the Pinouts PDF file that Ouch!p0tat0 linked to in the other thread...

EDIT: Downloading it now... Very slow... I'll help as soon as I can. I know how annoying it is to not be able to hook up these pins. When I built my first PC, I had everything I needed. Put it all together, but I had never read anywhere about these little cables and where to pin them in. Thankfully, I figured it out after a while.

EDIT 2: Hope this helps:

pins.jpg

EDIT: Downloading it now... Very slow... I'll help as soon as I can. I know how annoying it is to not be able to hook up these pins. When I built my first PC, I had everything I needed. Put it all together, but I had never read anywhere about these little cables and where to pin them in. Thankfully, I figured it out after a while.

Hehe - it's sitting on a server on my 256kbps up adsl link, so it's sloooowww.

Pin 2 -> Pin 17 on mobo

Pin 14 -> Pin 8 on mobo

Pin 13 -> Pin 2 on mobo

alright gang, I got it working!

Just to clarify, it works like a regular pc switch right? and the little led dot is supose to light up?

[update] Fixed some typos.

Should (usually) be two LEDs: Green = Power, Red = HDD Activity... Could be different colours though...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey people!

I got my PowerMac G5 case a few days ago!

Could someone post how he connected the Button and the LED?

I tried it like it is described in the manual but it does not work :D

Plz help me!

cYa

Hey people!

I got my PowerMac G5 case a few days ago!

Could someone post how he connected the Button and the LED?

I tried it like it is described in the manual but it does not work :D

Plz help me!

cYa

It wasnt working for me either, then I swapped LED and PWR and connected the Ground to the PWButton ground pin on our mobo, yeah works :)

It wasnt working for me either, then I swapped LED and PWR and connected the Ground to the PWButton ground pin on our mobo, yeah works :(

Ok, I made a picture for the layout... Could you paint big fat red wires into the pic?

post-18041-1165068147_thumb.png