Creative Open-Sources Their X-Fi Driver

newbmac

48 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i can't belive there ar so many people who has X-fi sound cards and we don't have any kext for it

if we ar so many we could donate to KX Team or any good developer

i hope this post will be read by someone capable of doing this

thank you :)

i can't belive there ar so many people who has X-fi sound cards and we don't have any kext for it

if we ar so many we could donate to KX Team or any good developer

i hope this post will be read by someone capable of doing this

thank you :D

We should start a post saying we can contribute by testing it on our systems. Make our voices heard!

if Eugene want, it can actually happen (pm with bribe :P ). The way i see, E is probably busy in many projects and there has to be a very good reason for him to start working on X-Fi :D

who is Eugene ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why I didn't learn C...

If I could, I would write a driver by my self, but I don't have any clue of how it's done...

BTW, the X-Fi audio controller is getting quite popular now, it even comes bundled on some top of the line motherboards. And Creative already launched the PCIe versions of their cards, so I really hope someone talented writes a driver for it...

Too little too late. I will NEVER buy a Creative Labs product EVER again

All because they attacked a kid for making a driver that worked with Vista when they claimed it wasn't possible... but you could buy their new hardware and it would work... if you also bought their crappy software update too!

So no more Creative (or E-Mu) products for me ever again.

Yeah, unfortunately their politics never benefit the end user, and that's a real shame!

But if someone make a driver for my XtremeGamer or for any of the newer PCIe X-Fi cards, I would still keep my card or even buy a newer X-Fi card... All I need is a quality analog output from my hackintosh.

Let's keep the hope for a driver...

• 1 month later...

To be honest, only those guys who have made alternate drivers (someone like Eugene, but not exactly him) can make it work. I had this card Audigy2ZS from creative and found this guy who knew it thoroughly likewise, you guys should be doing the same thing (searching for a guy(s) known to have made drivers for other OS who knows X-Fi aka EMU20K series and politely asking him/her/them to get interested in this world) rather then waiting for someone to land from sky and make drivers for you ;)

If any of you find such person, spread it here and go forward as whole...

I would like to add my voice to those interested in X-Fi drivers. I have everything working great in my Hackintosh now (even a Radeon 4870) but I had to use onboard sound instead of my X-Fi. Not ideal :D

Good luck to whoever takes up the challenge.

I would like to add my voice to those interested in X-Fi drivers. I have everything working great in my Hackintosh now (even a Radeon 4870) but I had to use onboard sound instead of my X-Fi. Not ideal :P

Good luck to whoever takes up the challenge.

Same, all work on MSI Eclispe SLI but not the PCIe SB X-FI extreme :(

• 2 weeks later...