Switching Command with ALT in Windows

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody. First let me just say that OSx86 really is a gateway drug to apple. After running Kalyway on my pc i have since bought a macbook recently. Here is my problem. Under OS X everything works great. However when i go to windows XP (using bootcamp) I keep having to press the alt button to tab, or alt f4. However, being a long time windows user, this feels as if i am pressing win +f4, or win+tab. Is there a program out there that will let me switch the inputs of the command key with the alt key under windows? i have tried input remapper but I dont seem to understand how it works. Any help :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've used a couple of things to do this in the past, autohotkey is popular and I use it to implement a shift-delete for delete key (as opposed to backspace) so that it can be used one-handed as rather than the two handed fn-delete. It can also do an alt-win swap but I found it buggy for that, sometimes it dodn't quite trap the keys right, and sometimes they didn't work properly.

The tool you want for the key change is remapkey.exe from the windows 2000 resource kit.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

just install the kit, then run remapkey.exe from start->run and go from there. It's a realy easy to use gui program to swap keys around and works perfectly on my macbook-pro running xp-sp2

Andrew