Mac OS X 10.5.5 VMware Virtual Machine Image (iDeneb 10.5.5)

132 posts in this topic

Mac user account password is "Xelabo". Feel free to change or remove that. I would advise you to keep a password however for confirmation when changing system files / installing kexts.

Preinstalled Leopard 10.5.5 image, tested on VMware Workstation 6 and WMware Player.

Sound driver not installed, everything else works.

Please read the details regarding PCWIZ's 10.5.2 Release here:

http://######.com/index.php?Itemid=...t&task=view

It is assumed (not tested!) that the same requirements / patches apply to this as well.

People with Intel SSE3 CPUs just need to power this on as it will work "out-of-the-box".

More info will be added later.

I would like to apologize for rushing this out like this, but I do not have too much time on my hands at the moment.

***Search for the torrent on either the Green Demon site or Pirate ship.***

P.S. I should soon be able to post more details about this here: http://www.xelabo.com

work on amd?

On AMD SSE3 but it needs to be patched (Not a piece of cake but indeed possible).

See the step-by-step instructions on PCWIZ's 10.5.2 Release page, under "Patching for AMD SSE3".

I must say that I am still waiting for someone to report it as working; therefore I am not 100% certain with regards to the Patch.

File not found: Mac OS X Leopard.vmdk

This file is required to power on this virtual machine. If this file was moved, please provide its new location.

Always prompts the question。。。。

Is the right path。

why ?

As apple does not allow macos to be virtualized on non-apple hardware, there won't be any official support from vmware for windows. However... I wonder about vmware fusion 2, fast search showed that there are vmware additions for leopard in the fusion, wonder if these can be used to install in virtualized leopard under windows...

Tried patching it for AMD using the Marvin AMD Utility - the process went smoothly except for one file

/usr/libexec/oah/translate

the patch failed for this file and it reverted all its changes. I removed this file and tried the patch again - went through the process great and patched all the files.

But now when I tried booting on an AMD, the system goes into an endless reboot with the following messages

syncing disks Killing all processes

MACH_REBOOT

works great out of the box on Intel - any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Ankur

Sweet.. it work under Vmware! :)

However, without QE/CI it is quite sluggish, and not much usable.

FYI, Vmware Workstation 6.5 supports DX9 functions.. and even video overlay.

With proper driver (read: QE/CI) MacOS could work really nice under Vmware!

Hope someone sometime.... manages to make it work (altho doubt it personally).

I can't really figure out how to run the patch in OS X LEOPARD. It keeps telling me that the utility is not supported by the architecture. I tried mounting the VMWARE disk for leopard in OS X Tiger but it never showed up. Any tips on getting pass either on of these problems? would be much appreciated.

Very nice, great work! Completely usable even though no QE/CI. I'm actually writing this message on VMWare Player running the OSX 10.5.5 image.

The only real problem I've encountered is that the "change keyboard type" button is missing from System Preferences - Keyboard. What this causes is that my keyboard is not recognized correctly and certain keys don't work. Normally the fix for this would be to delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboardtype.plist but that file is already missing and KeyboardSetupAssistant won't run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...