nvidia 9200 gs

thebestdj07

17 posts in this topic

i have the new hp dv5 with the nvidia 9200 gs graphics card. is there any drivers for this yet? i got 5.2 kalway to install but when i would click on a box it would turn all white. :D

here is the device id: PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E8&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_A1\4&161236E4&0&0008

• 11 months later...
i have the new hp dv5 with the nvidia 9200 gs graphics card. is there any drivers for this yet? i got 5.2 kalway to install but when i would click on a box it would turn all white. :)

here is the device id: PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E8&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_A1\4&161236E4&0&0008

try to use the NVinject 0.2.0. I solve the problem of blank menu, but cannot enable the Quartz Extreme. anyone know how to enable Quartz Extreme on 9200gs?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi guys!

I have an 9300GS and its working with this method:

- Install the EVGA GTX285 fixed drivers with the Mac Pro check removed

- Reboot

- Install NVinstaller V.52

Give it a try (but you need to be al least in 10.5.7. Use it over a clean system)

(If you are using Kalyway 10.5.2, just update to 10.5.8 with iDeneb Combo update)

--------

visit my new guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155318

Hi guys!

I have an 9300GS and its working with this method:

- Install the EVGA GTX285 fixed drivers with the Mac Pro check removed

- Reboot

- Install NVinstaller V.52

Give it a try (but you need to be al least in 10.5.7. Use it over a clean system)

(If you are using Kalyway 10.5.2, just update to 10.5.8 with iDeneb Combo update)

--------

visit my new guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155318

MAN, I could Almost Kiss this GUY, Working Solution for a HP G60T 9200M GE.

My Laptop is fully working now, Thank you so Much.

I Choose the Vanilla nvinject as mine is a 256MB card.

MAN, I could Almost Kiss this GUY, Working Solution for a HP G60T 9200M GE.

My Laptop is fully working now, Thank you so Much.

I Choose the Vanilla nvinject as mine is a 256MB card.

My pleasure!!! ;)

But I have found a method even simpler!!!:

Install NVenabler.kext in Extra/Extensions, or in System/Library/Extensions (as you prefer)

I included it in my bootCD and it works too! I have QE/CI everytime, even during installation or first boot.

System performance it´s very similar, but I prefer NVenabler. I don´t need to install anything now when I have to reinstall OS X. Just copy my /Extra folder with NVenabler inside, run kext utility 2.0, and it´s ready.

It´s the best kext for my 9300GS I have found. (thanks, Hchinasky)

• 5 weeks later...
My pleasure!!! :graduated:

But I have found a method even simpler!!!:

Install NVenabler.kext in Extra/Extensions, or in System/Library/Extensions (as you prefer)

I included it in my bootCD and it works too! I have QE/CI everytime, even during installation or first boot.

System performance it´s very similar, but I prefer NVenabler. I don´t need to install anything now when I have to reinstall OS X. Just copy my /Extra folder with NVenabler inside, run kext utility 2.0, and it´s ready.

It´s the best kext for my 9300GS I have found. (thanks, Hchinasky)

Hey guys, been trying to do this on my HP G60 for days!!

Managed to get it work once, have no idea how but cant get it going again.

Tried installing Nview GUI install (vanilla) multiple times, before and after upgrading to 10.5.8 and still no luck!!!

Tried installing the NVenabler.kext a few times too in various different ways but still no luck, am I missing something.

Would really like to get this work, everything else seems to work okay out of the box (managed to sort out sound), but its just this and the wireless im really stuck on.

Think the wireless is an Atheros and i've seen a post about getting this going, but need to conquer the graphics first, can't work in 1024x768!

Anyone have time to just give me a mini-guide through of how to do this, bit of an OSx86 noob but im learning quick!!!!

Cheers!

also...

What distro did you guys use... I've fount iPC to be rather good, but it is only on 10.5.6. Trying iAtkos at the mo.. Will see if this makes any difference.

As it stands at the moment iAtkos has the NVenabler (or something) built in and is on 10.5.7 so thats cool. But I just cant seem to get it to boot at the mo, could it be chameleon or what? I can't seem to get it right.

Cheers guys!

• 2 weeks later...

u need to have at least 10.5.7 and try doing ed saxmans first tutorial thing where u get the nvidia drivers with macbook check removed and then nvinject and that should work fine i know it is for me

u need to have at least 10.5.7 and try doing ed saxmans first tutorial thing where u get the nvidia drivers with macbook check removed and then nvinject and that should work fine i know it is for me

I've tried this like a million times. I just cant figure out where im going wrong.

I managed to get it work once but now every time i install the drivers it displays out via HDMI and I cant get the internal laptop display to work!!! It also seems dead buggy.

(I'm in 10.5.8 after updates)

Did you guys install the "Go" package on the NVidia install or just select the vanilla package?

How did you install the drivers without the macbook pro check as this is a mpkg, i've been using Pacifist.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have the new hp dv5 with the nvidia 9200 gs graphics card. is there any drivers for this yet? i got 5.2 kalway to install but when i would click on a box it would turn all white. ;)

Hello

I'm also there with the same device and the same specification does help in obtaining identification card screen

Greetings to all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...