Intel VT-X is disabled Parallels Desktop

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys the search function seems to be busted so I thought I'd drop a new topic in.. I'm sure some people have run across this before. I'm getting this message when I try and use Parallels on my hackintosh.

Intel VT-X is disabled. Enabling VT-x will enhance your virtual machine performance. Do you wish to enable VT-x automatically?

I say yes but it never clears the check box under settings, its just grayed out. Under about parallels it says Virtualization mode: Software mode 2 (when a vm is running, and when not its its virtualization mode: Off)

I have a Optiplex 755, running kalaway 10.5.2, then patched to 10.5.3, then using software update 10.5.4. (I had this issue with all versions), I'm using the vanilla kernel (also tried the default patched kernel).

CPU is a Core2Duo 2.2ghz

4gb ram

VT-x is enabled in the bios

Parallels Desktop 3.0 (5582) (tired an older version too, same issue)

any ideas?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

I dont mean to thread jack but for some reason i cannot add a new topic..

I am currently building a hackintosh,

And the one app i require on a day to day basis is parallels desktop..

I read somewhere that if your CPU does not support Intel's VTX Technology you will not be able to run Parallels..

I did a quick google search on the CPU in my 2009 macbook and it turns out it doesnt support VTX but i run parallels all the time,

Will i be able to run parallels on a CPU without VTX?

Thanks

Dan

Will i be able to run parallels on a CPU without VTX?

Thanks

Dan

Only parallels3.

Parallels 4 (and 5) requires VT.

Giorgio