GMA900 nolonger need a paperclip on Leopard!

Ccc

30 posts in this topic

This is not my work.

I got it from http://bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-306787-1-1.html ,

and by the way,it's a Chinese forum,if you could read it.

The drivers come from iATKOS_v4i GMA950 driver and were modified by the author.

He tested it ok on iATKOS v4i system.

I tested it on Leo4All_v3 and it's OK,but first updated the LeopardGraphicsUpdate.

except a little mouse tearing

the most important was we nolonger need a paperclip !!!! :(

this is the file.

it could be used directly on 10.5.4.

but I don't know whether you need to firsr update LeopardGraphicsUpdate if you'e using 10.5.3 or some other versions.

GMA900.zip

Anyone who had tested it please post the result.

It just switched the deviceID between GMA900 and GMA950

in two kexts ( AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

that means ,replace 0x25928086 with 0x27728086,replace 0x25928086 with 0x27728086.

then we do not need paperclip.

Here is what i got after i used some translating site:

Because I was 10.5.2, you need to download and install LeopardGraphicsUpdate:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/leo...csupdate10.html

After installation is complete,First go to (/ System / Library / Extensions) below to delete the following 10 documents,

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Use kext helper to install these update:

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Restart,

This is not my work.

I got it from http://bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-306787-1-1.html ,

and by the way,it's a Chinese forum,if you could read it.

The drivers come from iATKOS_v4i GMA950 driver and were modified by the author.

He tested it ok on iATKOS v4i system.

I tested it on Leo4All_v3 and it's OK,but first updated the LeopardGraphicsUpdate.

except a little mouse tearing

the most important was we nolonger need a paperclip !!!! :)

this is the file.

it could be used directly on 10.5.4.

but I don't know whether you need to firsr update LeopardGraphicsUpdate if you'e using 10.5.3 or some other versions.

Can I ask a dumb question,

How did you get leopard installed to begin with ?

I just tried Kaliway, iDeneb and JaS. Best result I get is a blue screen when the process flips to gfx mode...

My laptop is an old Dell B130, SSE2 + GMA900

Can I ask a dumb question,

How did you get leopard installed to begin with ?

I just tried Kaliway, iDeneb and JaS. Best result I get is a blue screen when the process flips to gfx mode...

My laptop is an old Dell B130, SSE2 + GMA900

either use the paper clip method (bend a paper clip so that it bridges the connection between pins 6 and 12 on your VGA output) or just plug in a external monitor while OSX is loading. the easiest way is just to use the external monitor, seeing its just temporary. once you can boot into OSX, install these kexts, reboot and you'll never need the external monitor/paper clip to boot again

either use the paper clip method (bend a paper clip so that it bridges the connection between pins 6 and 12 on your VGA output) or just plug in a external monitor while OSX is loading. the easiest way is just to use the external monitor, seeing its just temporary. once you can boot into OSX, install these kexts, reboot and you'll never need the external monitor/paper clip to boot again

I tried to install leopard with jas 10.5.4, with an external monitor plugged in, and the installer stops at the blue screen... didn't have this problem when, long ago, I installed jas 10.4.8... don't understand...

I tried to install leopard with jas 10.5.4, with an external monitor plugged in, and the installer stops at the blue screen... didn't have this problem when, long ago, I installed jas 10.4.8... don't understand...

I am familiar with the paper clip thing....

On my B130 here are the results

Kaliway 10.5.2 - system error during system load up

IDeneb-When the installer flips to video mode, I get the infamous "Resart your computer" message

Jas 10.5.4 - Blue screen but computer seems responsive. I believe it's only a driver issue.

Bottom line, no luck for now. JaS seems to be the most stable version even if it fails...

have you tried safe boot? it should bypass the video driver. i know when i updated to 10.5.4 on my desktop, i was having issues with NVinject, blue screen everytime. but when i tried safe boot, it logged right in no problem. try safe boot (-x at darwin prompt) and if it lets you into the system, try installing this kext

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I downloaded the file posted by riws. Could anyone provide a link that shows instructions on how to install it? Do I just uncompress the zip and copy the kext file intothe /System/Libraty/Extensions folder and reboot? or do i need to run commands after the file gets placed on S/L/E? Sorry for the questions but i'm actually trying to learn since this is my first install of OSX (well or 7th actually, to get it to where i am now LOL only Video and wifi missing drivers :tomato:

Thanks in advance!

Will V.

Hi.

Work for me on my 10.5.4.

Im just wondering, i have a laptop with GMA900 working (with paper clip) on a Tiger in my office.

Yesterday, i tried using these kext but got error. maybe because the kext are not compatible with Tiger, thats why it cannot load.

What if i still use the kext from a my working tiger, then follow the instruction from post #2 to modify the info.plist. Will it work?

My GOAL here is to get rid of paper clip. In that way, i dont have to use paper clip.

Thanks.

Hi.

Work for me on my 10.5.4.

Im just wondering, i have a laptop with GMA900 working (with paper clip) on a Tiger in my office.

Yesterday, i tried using these kext but got error. maybe because the kext are not compatible with Tiger, thats why it cannot load.

What if i still use the kext from a my working tiger, then follow the instruction from post #2 to modify the info.plist. Will it work?

My GOAL here is to get rid of paper clip. In that way, i dont have to use paper clip.

Thanks.

Actually mate they already made a driver for tiger that doesn't need a paperclip. Check the chinese website where they got this driver. I saw that last week when i'm browsing their page. Here is the link just open it with some translating website.

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-309222-1-1.html

check the post # 5 man!!!!!!!! i already give you the instructions there..

First of all thanks for sharing the info with everyone; however, the link you posted is broken and quite frankly is not like the instructions make that much sense (at least the part after downloading and installing the file).

Thanks,

Will V.

First of all thanks for sharing the info with everyone; however, the link you posted is broken and quite frankly is not like the instructions make that much sense (at least the part after downloading and installing the file).

Thanks,

Will V.

Well the link is fixed now and its a link to the apple support so that you can download the leopard graphics update,but the instructions doesn't make any sense?? man read it or you can't read?? just delete the given file names and install the files that are written there using kexthelper.If you don't know kexthelper i'll explain it to you,its an application that makes us install kext files easier without going to terminal and repair permisson. Its that hard to understand?? Sometimes its hard to help people who doesn't use their head.. well goodluck hope you can install this simple task...

LOL... I laugh simply cause its funny how smart @$$ you can be. Like I said before, I do appreciate you for sharing this information in the forum for others to benefit from it; however, it may make perfect sense to you considering that you may very well be a more experience OSX user than me who is trying to get my first installation ever running properly (not to mention i am still getting to know the file extentions and what they are in OSX) So when you say user Kexthelper to install the listed files, i didnt assumed the files were supposed to be there already, instead i thought i needed to get the files from somewhere else.

Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

Have a good one!

WV

LOL... I laugh simply cause its funny how smart @$ you can be. Like I said before, I do appreciate you for sharing this information in the forum for others to benefit from it; however, it may make perfect sense to you considering that you may very well be a more experience OSX user than me who is trying to get my first installation ever running properly (not to mention i am still getting to know the file extentions and what they are in OSX) So when you say user Kexthelper to install the listed files, i didnt assumed the files were supposed to be there already, instead i thought i needed to get the files from somewhere else.

Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

Have a good one!

WV

I can't believe you did'nt really get my point.. All did was to shared the instructions on how to install the driver,and the driver is already given post#1 so all you have to do is download that driver and do what i just said and this is for 10.5.2 only hope you get it right this time..

well have fun..

I have an Intel GMA 900 series card. I did the upload and rebooted. Unlucky for me, it rebluescreened my computer. I redid the mount -uw / and /movevideodrivers for the Kalyway install to no avail. Luckily, plugging in a standard VGA monitor to the VGA output of my laptop got me to the desktop. I then installed the kext using the OX86 tools and rebooted. The OS still cannot see my video card and boots in standard 1024x768 mode. I need the drivers to run. The instructions that you posted are vague but helpful at best - Kramark - I am with Will. You failed to mentioned where one might find the kexthelper software. You failed to tell anyone how to remove kext at the command prompt and how to log in as a root so that you can even do it.

When you boot up, put -s at the boot: prompt - this will log you in as the root

change to the correct directory - the command is: cd /system/library/extensions

then the remove command is: rm - you need to do this to each file

Then you can use the kexthelper application - not that I could even find it...:(

Kramark - there is really not reason to flame people. If you want to help, then help. Keep it Simple. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of a "Unix" - not Apple, not even the person that started the development of it. No one can at this point. Not even the people as Microsoft understands everything about Windows. The OS's are far to complicated.

Will - If you actually got something working... I would love to know if you got it done and how you did it. I can't get iWorks '08 working unless I get the graphics working. So far, this bombed for me.

I wish you both the best of luck.