Nvidia 9600 GS 512ram

nebukunezzer

6 posts in this topic

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2. My screen goes black after boot up. I can start osx in safe mode, so I'm pretty sure my video drivers aren't installed correctly. I am not sure which one on the install disk I need to check for installation. I checked the compatibity list and I am still unsure. Could anyone please tell me the right one to check, and or if I have to reinstall the OS or if there is an easy way to install the right driver from within OSX? The card is a PNY Nvidia 9600 gs 512 ram pcie.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't think Kalyway will have the drivers for a 9600. In 10.5.6 I've got a laptop 9600m GS 512 working with CI/QE using NVDarwin. I'm happy that it is working but performance is not quite what I think it should be.

Khan

• 2 months later...
I don't think Kalyway will have the drivers for a 9600. In 10.5.6 I've got a laptop 9600m GS 512 working with CI/QE using NVDarwin. I'm happy that it is working but performance is not quite what I think it should be.

Khan

Hi Khan,

I've got the same videocart in my acer 6930. The card is recognized but I can't change resolution and the card in not fully working. Could you tell me please how you got you card working.

I've used iATKOS v7i 10.5.7 with NVDarwin.

• 2 weeks later...