15 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of buying an AMD Laptop by HP:

1140841.JPG

HP Compaq 6715s

CPU: AMD Sempron 3800+ 2.20GHz

RAM: 1024MB DDR2

HDD: 120GB SATA (5400 rpm)

GPU: ATi X1250

Networking: Ethernet 10/100 Modem 56k Wireless Lan (802.11a/b/g)

Ports: Ethernet RJ-45 x 1 Headphone out x 1 Microphone in x 1 Modem RJ-11 x 1 PC Card Type II x 1 USB 2.0 x 2 VGA out x 1

I have some questions:

a) Which version of Mac OS X Leopard should I install (Kalyway, Jas, etc)?  Provide a link if possible.

b ) Will I be able to update normally via Software Update?

c) Will WiFi work?

d) Will sound work?

e) Can I install OS X with my original Leopard DVD via some sort of hack, without having to download the full cracked OS X.dmg?

Thanks very much.

I'm thinking of buying an AMD Laptop by HP:

I have some questions:

a) Which version of Mac OS X Leopard should I install (Kalyway, Jas, etc)? Provide a link if possible.

R: Maybe kalyway or Leo4All

b ) Will I be able to update normally via Software Update?

R: No.Most of them need to be patched first.You can follow a guide (if there is any or wait for some instructions).Or just run the AMD software update by Zephyroth (ASU)

c) Will WiFi work?,d) Will sound work?

R: I am not sure.I do not see those specs on your post (post them and you will receive some help)

e) Can I install OS X with my original Leopard DVD via some sort of hack, without having to download the full cracked OS X.dmg?

R:Not yet

If I get an Intel laptop will I be able to update normally via Software Update?

Yes,but not all the time.Even if you have a 'vanilla install' you can brake your install.That is why is a good idea check the forum...

'vanilla install' means that your hardware is pretty compatible with the OS (example,an Intel Core X processor) and you can use the original kernel ('vanilla' is refered to the kernel 'vanilla':untouched.Not patched or modified).If you want to try a 'vanilla install',just check that 'option' on your menu (example:kalyway or Leo4All)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes it will run on HP Compaq 6715s , i have Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 by kalyway on my HP Compaq 6715s and all hardware works, i have the same computer as you so it will have to work.

P.S (Search google for Kalyway 10.5.2 torrent) you will get the download aswell.

Greets, Battleaxe230

• 3 weeks later...
Yes it will run on HP Compaq 6715s , i have Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 by kalyway on my HP Compaq 6715s and all hardware works, i have the same computer as you so it will have to work.

P.S (Search google for Kalyway 10.5.2 torrent) you will get the download aswell.

Greets, Battleaxe230

What you make? I'm have a 6715s, and not running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 by Kalyway.

My error is:

SMBIOS table fount at 0x000fe0b0

You have upgrade bios, you take any configuration????

• 1 month later...
What you make? I'm have a 6715s, and not running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 by Kalyway.

My error is:

SMBIOS table fount at 0x000fe0b0

You have upgrade bios, you take any configuration????

Ehmmmm, i didnt took any upgrade to my bios and dont changed my configs but did you tryed some commands when booting up like -x -s -v and that things maybe that will work...

just try some commands

• 2 months later...

i'm guessing ViStAUzEr didn't update his bios at all. he probably still has F.07 or F.05, is that right?

in any case, i did. now i'm stuck with F.0E and can't exclude a regression of the bios since there is _NO_ way to downgrade the bios.

seems like HP can't provide a bios isn't completely buggy and useless, but i still hope they are releasing a new bios soon. kinda not very likely since most of the bugs vanished while running windows. everything else still is messed up (like running the new kernel provided by ubuntu 9.04)

anyways, is there any way to deactivate certain kernel features? like ACPI or such?

i did try every parameter i could find, still freezes up at SMBIOS table fount at 0x000fe0b0