Nvidia 8600 GT PLEASE HELP !

kaos_2003_uk

7 posts in this topic

hey guys i currently have a XFX Nvidia 8600 GT 512 GDDR2 graphics card, When i install OS X it works perfect only i want the graphics to load properly too. I have tryed god knows how many things to get them to load but every time i change something when on the apple screen to boot the little rotating circle stops and it crashes there. If anyone can help this would be great. I really would love to get this working !!!

Any help would be great

Thanks !

• 3 months later...

Install OS X with NOTHING selected in the Graphics Drivers options in Customize of the install.

When booted and working, download this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/100669894/NVInstallerV.41.pkg

Choose the first option that should already be checked, and then choose the 512mb or whatever part is for your card.

Reboot, and if it's still not working, then download and do the same thing with this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kn9jpyan1gd

Do not remove any files after installing V.41. Installing the kexts from V.41 and then installing V.52 is the only way that I got my 8600GTS running, and it should be the same for you guys.

Install OS X with NOTHING selected in the Graphics Drivers options in Customize of the install.

When booted and working, download this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/100669894/NVInstallerV.41.pkg

Choose the first option that should already be checked, and then choose the 512mb or whatever part is for your card.

Reboot, and if it's still not working, then download and do the same thing with this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kn9jpyan1gd

Do not remove any files after installing V.41. Installing the kexts from V.41 and then installing V.52 is the only way that I got my 8600GTS running, and it should be the same for you guys.

Machshiba,

I reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 without any graphic drivers selected. I then installed NVInstallerV.41.pkg, I left the first option checked, then I chose 512mb. I rebooted and I got a black screen after the apple logo.

How do I get back to the OS so I can install the V.52?

Thank you.

Ok, this is what I did. I went ahead and installed v41, and right after v52, then I reboot. Apple Logo and black screen, but I could hear the sound of the hard drive as if it was already done booting.

So this is what I did. I unplugged the DVI connection, and used VGA instead. I shut it off/then on and went to safe mode. My video card is detected..and now I can use a higher resolution.

So I then rebooted, and this time I didn't go on safe mode, and it works on VGA. So how do I enable DVI?

Ok, I got it working.

Here's what I did. Installed nv41, then v52..rebooted got a black screen after appe logo (this was with DVI connection)...

So I shut down, used VGA cables and turned it one! Viola! its working. Detecs Video card. So now I had to figure out how to enable DVI.

I did some research in the past and remember something about editing NVCAP to avoid sending the wrong signals to your monitor. Being that NVIDIA cards have 2 channels...

So in my situation, my video card was sending a signal to my VGA port, while using the DVI cable, this was all becuase of the NVCAP settings on NVinject.kext.

So I went ahead and changed the NVCAP settings using PLIST EDIT PRO (you have to use this to edit the data inside).

The following NVCAP settings I used were:

04000100 00000200 01000000 0000000A 00000000 - THIS DIDN'T WORK

04000000 00000100 0e000000 00000007 00000000 - THIS DIDN'T WORK

Hmm.nothing's working..so I reviewed the back up file of the info.pls that was previously on NVinject.kext and realized that I was way off on the NVCAP settings. So I then used this one:

04000100 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000 : WORKING!!!

So its all good now, Internet, Audio, and Video Card.

Thank you!!!

I have the same card and have been having issues for weeks and weeks and weeks... until today. Here's what I did:

downloaded and installed nvdarwin and didn't restart.

I opened the nvdarwin plist with the property list editor and edited the nvcap string with this:

saved to desktop then opened system/library/extensions and went to nvdarwin, show item contents. Replaced plist in there with one on desktop.

after reboot it said nvdarwin wasn't installed correctly, so I copied to desktop, deleted the kext in the folder then reinstalled from desktop with kext helper.

boom! qe/ci in 10.5.5!

Hope this helps

oh, and thanks to Hagar, realityiswhere, Krazubu and BuildSmart for helping me get here.