Driver RT73 USB for MacOs 10.5.x

mklucc

15 posts in this topic

After I have try to use RT73 USB again with your driver.

I think not a big deference with driver from DLink.

Random Kernel Panic is gone away after upgrade to 10.5.3

but RT73 give me incomplete shutdown, and not stable connectivity.

• 5 months later...
After I have try to use RT73 USB again with your driver.

I think not a big deference with driver from DLink.

Random Kernel Panic is gone away after upgrade to 10.5.3

but RT73 give me incomplete shutdown, and not stable connectivity.

is there anyway we can disconnect the device in osx other than do hardware un-plug before shutdown?

Be sure to edit the RT73 kext file, the decimal number under product and vendor ID are incorrect . Use your card specific numbers. the numbers given by system profiler are hexadecimal. you have to convert them to decimal and then edit your RT73 kext file found in /system/library/extension

hope that helps

• 3 months later...
Here the new driver from Ralink support for macOs 10.5.x! :(

(I think it's very usefull...i spent a lot of time for them)

I used it and it works but the internet is very slow, can someone help me? I used the same windows configuration.

I have a zaapa zw-wd854. :P

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have RT73 USB too. i installed the driver in the first post. after that a new ethernet interface appeared in System Preferences -> Network. i made it to get self assigned ip and it has green sign on the left side. but in the ralink utility, it keeps saying Disconnected!! in a textbox, and it cant find my wireless modem in the survey tab. what should i do? please help.

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to get my RTL8168 PCI-E card working using all sorts of kexts out there (used to work on my Pystar rig using Ralink's network utiliy) and my RT73 Sweex USB dongle (which used to work on my iBook G4 using Ralink's network utility) with no success!

Any ideas... the hackintosh I'm using was built using atlee's guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213808 with everything working even ethernet. just wireless!