Quadro FX 4500 512mb

kyzerblayd

58 posts in this topic

does Quadro FX 4500 512mb work with QE/CI ? Can I just install a driver for this or does it require a flash of the card's ROM?I know they sell the macs with this card in them but mac version. How much different is the mac 4500 card than the pc?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I recently replaced a 7300GT with a Quadro 4500 in my Kalywal 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 install, and now my Quartz Extreme is not working either. I can't seem to find the EFI string for the card. NVinject works, but with Quartz Extreme Disabled, and NVkush just starts with a black screen. I had zero issues with the 7300GT

Is there a site that shows a step by step guide to get the Quadro to work? I am interested in finding more about this bios to fix the issue.

Thank you, and help would be appreciated.

Take care.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll have a bios to send you sometime next week, I don't have bootable USB stick on me right now.

I have no problems flashing. I was able to put a mac 8800GT firmware on a PC 8800GT without any issues and use it on a real Mac Pro.

Just one more question, does the new firmware use the built in KEXT files in the MacOS, or do i still need to install natit or NVinject, or NVKush?

thanks again.

No, the new rom just fixes some sloppiness of many card makers that left part of the rom incorrect, as it is not really accessed by windows but needs to be accurate in OSX. You will still need to use GFX strings or nvinject.

Hi,

Thanks again for doing this. I uploaded two roms. Both original ones for Quadro 5500, and Quadro 4500. Hopefully they are in proper form. I thought they'd be in the same size.

I really just need it for the 4500 right now, but may try to dualboot with the computer that has the 5500 in it.

take care, and thanks again.

quadro_original_roms.zip

aquamac--

I have a Qaudro FX 570M in my Lenovo T61P and I'm wondering if you know if the ROM of this card was left a bit sloppy as well and if it could be modified to make it work with Hackintosh as well as with Windoze and Linux.

If so, do you happen to know what would need to be changed in the ROM? I'm a bit familiar with ROM modifying and burning chips, but not for on-board video cards. I'm presuming that the ROM has a checksum (maybe a two's compliment in the first two bytes?) or something along those lines.

Any ideas at all?

Mike

Aqua-mac, while on this topic...my 7900gs flashed to FX3500 worked great in 10.4.X ... but now in 10.5.2...10.5.4 I don't get QE/CI? Don't know why...I've tried NVkush and a bunch of different NVinjects.

Is there one that would make it work?

Tx.

/mdg.

• 2 weeks later...
meixiao420,

Send me your rom.

sorry aqua-mac, I will received my card next Wednesday, I will save the rom first then compare with redmodel's rom. If it is the same, i will use the one u fixed for redmodel. If it is not the same, i will attach my rom here.

Sorry, I was away for a week...

I worked on the computer yesterday, and the hackintosh is perfectly working now with the quadro using NVkush drivers.

So after you flashed the rom, it works with the NVkush drivers? I am hoping my card will work too after fix the rom.

aqua-mac, will your method work for the 5500 just as it would for the 4500? With full support for the 1gb and QE?

I'm not sure which card to get, and if one is more compatible with OSx86 than the other then that will help me make my decision.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...