10.5.3 Update Guide

iSkylla

299 posts in this topic

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Open 10.5.3 Update Installer

Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

Restart and boot with -v

It will start loading and then you will get the message MACH_REBOOT, there you can hard reboot your computer. When you reach the darwin boot screen again, boot with -v again just for safe measure and it will boot fine.

Enjoy.

-iSkylla

P.S. It's the same as 10.5.2 but just so people don't go crazy asking, I rewrote it.

Edit: Please take precautions when installing updates, and remember to backup your extensions folder before you do anything.

u guys pays no respect for other's work...

This is a generation of The Pirate Bayers! ;)

Anyone see the general responsiveness of system after this update? I figured that 10.5.2 made boot time slow and UI also little sluggish (even on real macs for me). hope 10.5.3 makes it better.

Anyone see the general responsiveness of system after this update? I figured that 10.5.2 made boot time slow and UI also little sluggish (even on real macs for me). hope 10.5.3 makes it better.

It seems generally fast for me.

and here is original guide from few months ago - http://netkas.org/?p=50

u guys pays no respect for other's work...

Netkas, you've done amazing work. Its thanks to you that OSx86 is running to smoothly and stable for the last few months. We owe a lot of thanks, gratitude and drinks to you. But I think you jump the gun too quickly when it comes to your work. The OP said that he didn't write the guide, he just re-posted it for 10.5.3 so people are aware that its the same process as before. At this point its pretty much common knowledge.

We're not like Psystar trying to profit from someone else's work. We're simply sharing information to help the community grow. There's no reason to take shots at people just because they didn't immediately attach your name to something.

I have a question I'm installing it on my MBP ATM But on my Hack Pro if I want to install it will it keep the same kexts as 10.5.2 As I had to buy a special USB Wi-fi to get the internet on it. (The NetGear 111V2) I think(the one thats on the 10.5.2 wiki that someone got working with the realtek drivers)

Also in terminal do you actually write : 'while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done' that inside the terminal??

Also in terminal do you actually write : 'while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done' that inside the terminal??

Yes, it's just a simple bash script to delete that kext.

@Archer, you need to replace the SMBIOS.

Do we type this verbatim, save for the password, obviously?

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Or are we supposed to type:

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1

do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

??