NVIDIA 9600GT

Dan2552

32 posts in this topic

I used the forum search and apparently, no matches for 9600GT. I understand there aren't any macs with it, but I've seen that there are 9800's working. Anyone any idea where I should start?

9600 GT is based on G94 GPU, whereas 9800 GTX is based on G92.

There is no G94 driver in osx. You can't use a 9600 GT in a hackintosh.

Too late to replace it now. If I were really desperite I could probably go and put my old 6800 in (I'm assuming there are drivers for that, havn't bothered to look); but that'd be silly replacing my graphics card every time I want to play a game. I guess I'll stick with Windows on my desktop and Leopard on my laptop.

I'll sit and wait (and hope) that a 9600GT Mac will come out some day. :P

more like you can use it you just are stuck at 1024x768 with no fun extras

More precisely, you can use it any (VESA?) resolution by editing your boot plist, but thats all. I use it in 1680x1050@32bit, obviously no qe/ci, and without a driver, the vga fan is extremely loud. Afterall it's good for browsing the web or alike.

• 7 months later...

Well I have a Zotac nVidia 9800 GT and I can't Get it to work at all with 10.5.5. I've read most of the forums, and read about people getting thiers to work using the nVidia 9000 series Install v2 and GFX Strings, but I've done both and tried using nvinject 2.1, 2.0, 1.5 leo only, and 1.3 leo only and nothing works. My graphics are sharp lookin with 1440x900x32 but no CI/QE. I had it workin once in 10.5.2 just by copying over the nvinject 2.1 kext but i had white menus with no words. I'm not exactly a noob at this i've been messin around with hackintosh since it pretty much started and i've never had this much trouble getting my video card to work with 3D accel, but i'm not like a hardcore programmer or anything either but i usually understand enough to get it work, so any help would be apperciated. Thnx

I think things for 9600GT will very soon be solved since new MacBook Pro is using (both NVIDIA GeForce 9400M &) NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT.

I don't know whether this M version driver can be easily set for use on desktop version?!

So will Apple ship new version of OS X with new MacBook Pro or just add new drivers for it on most current version?

obtain 10.5.6 drivers

Add your device ID in /system/library/extensions/NVDAResman.kext/contents/info.plist

Add your device ID in /system/library/extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/contents/info.plist

Mine Palit geforce 9600GT 512Mb is 0x062210de

Then follow instruction on the attached screen

More topics about this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2&hl=9600gt

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2&hl=9600gt

post-237303-1231599955_thumb.jpg

Hi, i need help for my GeForce 9600M GT, I Have a laptop with these card and have some problem to install this

b5.png

on osx86 iPC can u tell me what i need to do.

Ill try to install 9f23installer.pkg when i was installed this drivers i use EfiStudio to change string but when i restart osx i have black screen. I think the system work correct ill try to connect my laptop to the external monitor but on lcd i have only black screen.

My Laptop is Acer 6930G

Thanks for the help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
My 9600 GT (528mb GDDR3) works just fine using an efi string. QE and CI fully supported.

help can you give me the instructions to make this work, or send me the kext please. my windows machine died, and i want to use osx on it

my Zotac 9600gt is working

vendor id is 0622

using ideneb 10.5.7 (updated with ideneb updater)

this is what i did

installed the default nvinject with 512mb (so my 8500gt would work)

used the ideneb tool and installed the nvidia ID's

and it goes with quartz supported

oh and used the smbiosefi and smbios patch

running on anv kernel currently

cheers :D :D

my 9600 GT 512MB is fully working... i install osx using iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) n i choose nv darwin 512 n fully working without editing anything... i can see welcome video on fist boot...

i love my 9600 GT

GeForce 9600GT works like a charm with 10.5.7 + efi string. But beware of VGA connection. With VGA cable I had crappy 2D performance (stuttering expose, spaces, quicksilver, growl). Use DVI. Driver is very poor.