Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

EDIT 06 MAY 2011: I'm keeping this first post as simple and updated as I can (Lion workaround by Morfy)...

So where are the DRIVERS???? What's his NAME???? :) YES Click the name above!!! or DL Leox86 SLeo Lionx64

Don't you dare post a comment without reading rest of this first post!

kX will not support X-Fi series click here and discuss about X-Fi here

Hello :)

Would you like to try new OS X driver build for Snow Leopard? :)

(attached)

It should work in x86 and x64 modes properly without any problems.

A new AC97 control panel is also included.

I no longer have Leopard, so I cannot test it with Leo.

Eugene

kXAudioDriver-1.11b0.dmg

Screenshot 1 | Screenshot 2 | Screenshot 3 | Screenshot 4

These drivers are released by Eugene Gavrilov (Lead programmer of KX-Project) and his team

|| The official home of kX Project || OSX Main Thread || 

(VISA & MasterCard accepted, Western Union name: Eugene Gavrilov, city: St. Petersburg, Russia)

Discuss about OSX version at main thread, Discuss BUGs at BUG report page, (and here if you want to confirm)

The supported cards: EMU10K(1&2) [Live!, Audigy(1&2)!, EMU E-DSP]

(Audigy SE/LS which is not EMU10K(1 or 2) will not work!)

EMU E-DSP users: Read the release notes properly (known issues)

ONLY these mentioned Creative cards and EMU Cards are most likely going to work now or in near future!

The supported OS: (( 1.3b0 for Tiger and Leopard Distros )) (( 1.11b0 for Snow Leopard Distros ))

Works On: IATKOS 4i, LEO4ALL-v3, KALYWAY 10.5.3, JaS 10.5.4 CS, iDeneb, Leo4Allv4x, Snow Leopard

The driver supports Multichannel up to 7.1 and works on x86 + x64 based system (incl. AMD).

Feedback Stats: (Report here to confirm with others) (last update till P33)

01. VMWare Fusion AND VirtualBox does not work with kX (2 users)

02. No inputs (so many whining :D )

10.7.x LION WORKAROUND (by Morfy)

copy kext on /System/library/extension

chmod -R 755 kXAudioDriver.kext/

chown -R root:wheel kXAudioDriver.kext/

kextload kXAudioDriver.kext/

All right! Those who want to make their 2.0 channel audio sound in all speakers, here is an EASY way!

01. Download SoundFlower (from here for latest http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/

02. Download SoundFlowerBED-MOD (from this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230224)

03. From SF-BedMod's menu, Under 2ch, select NONE (OFF) AND Under 16ch, select your card.

04. In Audio Midi setup, use SoundFlower (16ch) and you're DONE!

TIP1: You can make soundFlowerBED.APP to automatically start

(System Preferences \ Accounts \ Login items tab)

NOT WORKING? Perform these general checks and post replies:

0. Checked Compatiblity list above?

1. Cable connections checked from behind? On proper port? ond NOT on Mic port?�

2. Audio Midi Setup set with appropriate speakers? Performed Speaker Test?

3. Speakers Powered ON? Power Cables checked?

4. HeadPhones plugged in resulting in Mute?

5. Any other drivers conflicting? OnBoard Audio disabled in BIOS? (Onboard drivers for Azalia / AppleHDA known to conflict)

6. Is Device's name mentioned properly in Audio Midi setup? eg. "kX 0350 etc" (Application \ Utilities)

7. "Intel ICH and PIIX Controller" was enabled in your OSX setup? unchecked Azalia, AppleHDA in setup?

8. Volume Controls checked? :P

9. Earlier versions working on your system? (have you tried earlier versions? see my signature for download links)

10. Your sound works on XP/Vist???? (and with kX drivers for Windows???)

11. BIOS shows information that PCI card is inserted properly?

12. Tried other Distros such as JaS, Kalyway, Leo4All? etc? :P

13. Sound comes when you put your headphones ON? in the headphones port?

14. Are you using modified BIOS??? keep your BIOS updated with stable build :)

15. Unloading and Reloading driver kext works?

Open Terminal (Application \ Utilities folder) and type the following commands

Sudo -s

[password]

kextunload /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext

kextload /system/library/extensions/kxaudiodriver.kext

Bass/Treble/Surrounded quality etc misc problems? �Listen these Demo MP3s and reply quality issues

Edited by Oxtie
  • Like 1

(update: 12. aug 2008 *NOW* there is something to get excited about :D )

------------------ Out of date Information ------------------------------------

I managed to download these beta drivers, but as expected, they are ppc, to the extent that they still include "jaguar" in the filename. There was once an attempt at writing emu10k drivers for os x/intel, but I don't think it got off the ground.

so as before, there are no drivers for pci soundblaster live/audigy.

Just so that people don't get the wrong idea from the title of this topic: there *never were* any intel drivers, and until someone decides to write some, that is how it remains.

[edit] nevermind your next post reveals that you haven't read what I posted. figure it out for yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Major Events: (Pagewise)

Page 1&2 Eugene addresses Live! Audigy Fans!

Page 3 (First pub Alfa drivers 1.0b2 were released)

Page 5 (Distortion bug work around discovered)

Page 6 (1.0b3 was released with 24/48)�

Page 6 7 8 (Automated distortion work arounds by fans)

Page 10 (Release of a cool driver 1.1b0)

Page 11 (1.1b1 was released (kernal panics :P ))

Page 12 (E gives details on hallab query for Live! distortion)

Page 14 (E gives many infos @ DH)

Page 16 (E releases 1.2b0 (lockups))

Page 18 (Workaround for lockups and freeze)

Page 19 (E Releases another awesome driver 1.2b1) (fixed lockups etc)

Page 20 Eugene decided to axe power management issues <_< (obviously he'z working on something cooler)

Page 22 macgirl gives workaround to 2.0 media not sounding on all speakers

Page 29 (Eugene updated drivers to 1.3b0 @ DH forum)

Page 31 Eugene updated drivers to 1.11b0 for Snow Leopard

Page 36 iSchemy created app (HERE) to sound 2.0 Audio to all speakers :P

===================================== OLD INFO ===========

All right, as for good news on update, check my conversation with Lead Programmer kX :)

> Hi, I happen to be a member of tiny community of OSX86, In this

> place there are people who actually make it possible to install OSX

> on standard P4 or sse2/3 or AMD systems. we are all currently stuck

> with Audio. Almost everything works except Audio made by Creative

> which has EMU10Kx on it.

>

> If any of you could join this forum to contribute, It would be

> great :-)

I might implement such driver this summer...

No promises, no release dates : )

E.

=============== See below responses to see what happened next====

Oh Cool :D Welcome to this forum :P , I'll subscribe to all your topics :)

Not ricoh again! :\ everything made by Ricoh is such a pain, Ricoh web cam, Ricoh Flash card reader etc etc. I blame HP for this! But on the desktop side, I don't see Ricoh in my system (anywhere)... :wacko: I've got a dv6395 and it suffers with the name "Ricoh".

If there is any driver you want me to test on desktop of mine, (with Dell Audigy2 ZS and Live! Platinum), "I can be that nice person" :D

I will announce beta version of the Mac driver here as soon as it is ready, but will probably keep using driverheaven forum for updates, release notes etc...But this problem with PCMCIA adapter has definitely delayed my work on this driver...

I currently have a desktop PC running WinXP/Vista + E-mu card [not Creative, not yet supported even by kX drivers], and I cannot install OSX on this desktop, since this is my PC development machine, I have a MacBook, but cannot connect any of the Creative/E-mu devices to it [it has ExpressCard slot, but no PCMCIA], and another laptop - ASUS W3V - with Audigy2 ZS Notebook cardbus and OSX 10.4.10 installed and used for my Mac-related development (USB, firewire audio devices)...

If I could ever make this laptop recognize my audio card, I would release a beta version of the driver within 2-3 weeks...

---

By the way, if you have enough free time : ), could you please search the web for =linux= guys trying to make this combo work? [Ricoh + Audigy2 ZS Notebook]?

If I'm not mistaken, Tiger/Leopard cardbus driver is based on Linux driver, and if this configuration works in Linux, it should work in MacOS X if OSX cardbus driver is updated accordingly...

---

Ricoh R/RL/5C476(II):

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0476&SUBSYS_19671043&REV_B3

Ricoh RL5C476 CardBus Controller

Windows assigns the following ports by default:

FD00-FDFF

FE00-FEFF

Memory:

000DF000-000DFFFF

CC000000-CFFFFFFF

FFB7E000-FFB7EFFF

FFB7F000-FFB7FFFF

IRQ: 17

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I just found this topic, this is awesome. I cant wait!!!! I can get everything working except for that stupid Audigy card. A computer without sound sucks!

Eugene, you are awsome and I cant wait to see what you come up with. YAY!! Good job llama!

Hey Eugene, welcome to the insanelymac forums! it is really cool to see you here man!

I guess we can finally expect some progress in the SoundBlaster area now that you are around :(

Respect.

Diego // KX User #2 :)

Wow, > 210,000 registered members is a tiny community :)

hehehe, the idea was to let him get shocked exactly like you :D (why else I would use tiny unless I'm crazy) :P

Edit: The idea was to portrait the community as extra "HUGE" if you still don't get it :P nevertheless, Since his last words from poll, i didn't see anything out so... :P had to use different words with flavours. "See the potential rather then me"

The really small community are those who have Audigys on Mac OS X86.

Since I use Mac OS on my Desktop PC I switch the Speakers to the onboard sound chip, and even on Windows I use their analog and digital outputs, I didn't miss the Audigy at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be so HUGE for the entire Mac community. Mac Pro (real not hack) users could buy PCI soundblaster cards and use them if they chose over USB ones...

For OSx86 it would be just AMAZING!! My Soundblaster Audigy 2 zx has much better sound than my (nonfunctional in osx86) AD1981 on board sound.

• 3 weeks later...

My last actual communication with E was when he was on vacation however he has returned few days ago and immediately released an update on XP drivers (24/48 is now supported, so even I've updated the first page accordingly). If we look at these words (above), he was suppose to release drivers 2/3 weeks right after he fixed that problem he mentioned about BUT, it may have been delayed due to his vacation or personal life issues, or preparation of "Quality" drivers :( either of ways, I can only assume and give you estimated month (which is August). I will try to call him here once for an update :)

status update:

I fixed the issue with my PCMCIA controller and can proceed with my work

however, since I currently have E-mu E-DSP device (1212m), I would like to finish true 24-bit support first (for Windows)

after it is ready, I will port the driver to OS X right with 24-bit support for all 10k2 users (audigy, audigy2)

I hope an initial 'alpha' version is released before 15'August, because after that I'll be off for another vacation and will proceed with my work on September.

Eugene

status update:

however, since I currently have E-mu E-DSP device (1212m), I would like to finish true 24-bit support first (for Windows)

after it is ready, I will port the driver to OS X right with 24-bit support for all 10k2 users (audigy, audigy2)

I hope an initial 'alpha' version is released before 15'August, because after that I'll be off for another vacation and will proceed with my work on September.

Eugene

Thanks again for an update E :) I guess waiting is worth it :P hmm... though, vacation looks like a scary word at the moment :)

status update:

Eugene

Wow, if you release Audigy for OS X support, the world (both OSx86 and OS X users with Mac Pros) will LOVE YOU!!

You could be the legend for all or all poor tiny audiophelic guys who can't efford a real mac with usb sound :D

I own a Audigy 4 non Pro. I've heard that its nearly similiar with Audigy 4. Is it true? Would it work with this driver you're working on?

Flo

wow this sounds like a very nice experiment. What about Sound Blaster X-Fi series cards, are they supported as well?

You could be the legend for all or all poor tiny audiophelic guys who can't efford a real mac with usb sound :P

I own a Audigy 4 non Pro. I've heard that its nearly similiar with Audigy 4. Is it true? Would it work with this driver you're working on?

Flo

Look up the chips used in them versus the Audigy 2 cards to figure it out...

If they are different chips, guess would require different drivers...

Here comes another quote :D

but don't expect too much

initial version will come without kX DSP, so, no custom effects, no soundfonts, no routing, just multichannel playback and, probably, recording

24/48 for 10k2, 16/48 for 10k1

E.

10k1 is mentioned which means Live! series will have some sound :lol: