iPC 10.5.6 on DELL VOSTRO 1310 - ALMOST EVERYTHING OK

lilol18

24 posts in this topic

UPDATE: wanna update your system after this, but you are afraid of it?? don't be, read my new topic: UPDATING iPC 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 using Apple Software Update on Vostro 1310...

Hi Friends.

For a long time i wanted to have my own mac, now since exists OSx86 (tiger 10.4.1 :rolleyes: ), the pursuit of my dream was started.

I recently got a DELL VOSTRO 1310, although it's a cheap/nice/capable machine, bought it with the hope of having a fully functional osx86 hackintosh, so i tried Kalyway INTEL/AMD 10.5.2 DVD and iAtkos 5i one, but none of them was giving me full hardware chars such as QE/CI, Wireless, battery meter, etc. But the time has come !!, iPC osx86 10.5.6 Universal Final PPF5 distro did almost all the work.. hehe :thumbsup_anim:

Also i have to say, since this forum has helped me a lot through all the research, it seems to me that sharing my experience with all of you is a kind of a feedback..and of course, for those who want their vostro 1310 with around 95% fully functional as mine.

i'll try to specify everything as it was in the process to make it clear, if this process worked for me means that it should work for you, showing you exactly what i did gives you a one-safe way to victory apple, isn't it?? (hehe, at least for the vostro 1310 owners)

Before we begin, this was my initial state:

** 3 NTFS primary partitions in the following REAL order:

** Partition 1~60GB "OS": Windows Vista Home Basic Already Installed

** Partition 2~50GB "DATA": i created this one for the only purpose of storing data.

** Partition 3~50GB not mounted in vista: i left this space just to install my OSXLEOPARD

At this point i can surely say that VISTA (if you want to keep it and have a dualboot) HAS TO BE IN THE FIRST PARTITION OF THE HD, otherwise you can lose all you data in your disk as happened to me when i couldn't had done it along all my tries.

So, like Mario, HERE WE GO !!

First let me introduce you my VOSTRO 1310 - info from Everest Ultimate Edition app in vista:

--Processor: Intel Core2Duo T5670 1.8GHz 2Mb Cache

--RAM: 2Gb RAM 667MHz

--Chipset: Intel Crestline-PM PM965

--Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (128MB)

--Sound: Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

--Ethernet:Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

--Wireless: WLAN 1395 Dell

--Web Camera & internal Mic

--UPEK Fingerprint biometric coprocessor

--O2 Micro SD MMC card reader

--6 Cell Lithium ION Battery

Downloaded iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final PPF5 DVD, ehh, you know where to get it. :pirate2:

As mentioned before, i had ready the last (third) partition for installing Mac, being burnt the DVD installer, went to boot from it. i'd recommend start with the "-v" in darwin bootloader prompt, so you can check if everything is going OK when loading the osx installer or detect any kernel panics.

Now we're inside the installer, went to diskutility and formated my third partition to "HFS+ Journaled" labeled "LEOPARD" (don't worry as i was, if you find your partitions in gray color and not mounted, just formated the third one then only this one showed itself in color) exit diskutility. continue the installer, selected LEOPARD.

Watch for the "CUSTOMIZE" button and go for it. here is the useful info: In my case i selected ONLY, YES, O N L Y the following options (uploaded image), selected because of my hardware:

post-426846-1244759332_thumb.jpg

***NOTES***

*** iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System: IT'S A MUST !!

*** Spanish Package: for my dear Colombia, you're always welcome to visit us.

***I did not choose any of the kernels in the "Kernels" Option, this means you'll install Vanilla Kernel 9.6.

***NVDarwin 128 MB: for my NVIDIA for full QE/CI graphics.

***Intel ICHx SATA Drivers: for my chipset

***ALC268: For my intel sound.

***Realtek R1000: it says it is for almost ethernet realteks including mine.

***Broadcom Driver: for almost broadcoms, for my Wireless 1395 Dell that is actually broadcom.

***PowerManagement Package: I believed that with this one could show me the battery meter, i guess it didn't go as expected.

***PS/2 Keyboard Fix: it says for both mouse and keyboard ps2.

***AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 667MHz: mi RAMs are 667MHz

*** Various applications.

Installation went pretty fast, rebooted. i was AMAZED when the darwin bootloader showed me 3 options as follows:

*** HD(0,1) OS ---> (VISTA)

*** HD(0,2) DATA

*** HD(0,3) LEOPARD <---

selected LEOPARD, loaded sucessfully to preconfiguration such as zone, name, etc.

IN LEOPARD Hardware observations:

*** OOB FUNCTIONING HARDWARE***

*** Video NVIDIA Full OK with QE/CI

*** Wireless

*** Laptop Camera

*** keyboard & touchpad

*** Volume media buttons OK

*** Ethernet LAN !! (already tested) OK

*** HAD-TO-FIX HARDWARE***

*** Sound: had to go to system preferences, then sound, choose internal speakers in both tabs. if you want to hear through the headphones, have to do the same.

UPDATE: YESS !!! NOW THE INTERNAL MIC WORKS !!! You have to install this NEW Audio kexts for the ALC268, these are from SticMAC, really nice. you can install them with the Kext Helper application, just drag and drop both kexts, introduce your user password, and go for easy install. remember to backup your these-ones originals kexts. it goes flawlessly. I suggest to play a little with the VOICE CONTROL, it's really cool. AAAHHH, i almost forgot, yes, these kexts make the autoswitching for the sound output, just plug-in/out the headphones. PERFECT !!

Enough, here are the files.

FIX_Audio_ALC_268_StiMACs.zip---> the SticMAC's audio kexts

Kext_Helper_b7.zip ---> The KEXT HELPER

GOOD LUCK !!

*** Battery indicator: install PowerManagement10.5.3.pkg (file here uploaded, courtesy of awebo.net), with this one i got battery in time and percentage. COOL!

Here you have.PowerManagement10.5.3_pkg___De_awevo_1_.net.zip

***My keyboard's layout corresponds to ESPA�OL COLOMBIA, so i looked a bit on the google and found this page where you can download many keyboard layout's plugins: "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showuser=100500", in my case i used col.0.8.zip. Col.0.8.zip i just copied the contents to \Library\Keyboard Layout, then reboot. then go to system preferences, international then keyboard inputs, search and select the one you just installed/need. this way:

post-426846-1244769360_thumb.jpg

***[NEW] UPEK Biometric Processor Driver***

YESSSS !! mi fingerprint reader is fully working, it does at startup as security log-in as the same in vista. you just have to download the UPEK installer for Mac in here and that's it. "http://www.upek.com/support/downloads/mac/"

***[NEW] ALPS Side scrolling & tap-clicking Touchpad & Media buttons***

For the full touchpad features like side scrolling and tap/double tap clicking visit this tutorial and follow it without any question.

. there you can get the necessary files too, this is the voodoops2-something-like-that kext.

The media buttons worked after the voodoops2-something-like-that kext flawlessly, it happened indeed, do you believe in magic!=? or maybe voodoops2 kext does this too!?? somebody confirm me that...

At the end of this tutorial, if your cursor speed is too fast and you don't have Trackpad preferences in the System Preferences, then this file is for you too: Trackpad_prefs.zip there are the steps to follow, it's pretty simple.

Finally if you want to scroll like and iphone does, download SmartScroll app here:

SmartScroll is really good.. try it !!

***NOT TESTED YET***

Firewire : it recognizes mine, but i don't have where to test it, when i do i'll let you know.

aah, and Sleep function

;)

***HARDWARE's DRIVERS TO GET***

***SD MMC Card reader: i tested already one, but nothing.

***ABOUT VISTA PARTITION***

I don't know if i'm just lucky, but when i selected "hd(0,1) OS" (where i had VISTA) from the darwin bootloader, VISTA started successfully with no problems. SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO REPAIR VISTA'S BOOTLOADER NOR ANYTHING TO MAKE A DUALBOOT, i got dualboot naturally, i just choose the partition over darwin bootloader.

***ABOUT APPLE UPDATES***

In the apple software updates option in mac, it goes natural. it is said if you update to 10.5.7 then the media buttons (l<< >>l >ll and eject) will be able to work, i'm gonna test it.

***For the moment, i've updated iMovie, iPhoto an iTunes in this way, everything just perfect.

***SCREENSHOTS***

***General:

post-426846-1244768357_thumb.jpg

***Video Config:

post-426846-1244769239_thumb.jpg

***Vostro1310 hackintosh:

post-426846-1244769579_thumb.jpg

***THANKS***

thanks to everyone who make this possible, IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME GETTING MY MISSING HARDWARE'S DRIVERS (SD CARD READER, internal mic) I'D APPRECIATE SO MUCH.

i'm open to your questions.

Regards

Lynx

***UPDATE***

***To have a more beautiful dualboot:

Like i said before, my default bootloader was darwin's (chamaleon). it showed me this options:

hd(0,1) OS

hd(0,2) DATA

hd(0,3) LEOPARD

i wanted a menu that showed me like this:

Microsoft Windows Vista

Mac OS X Leopard

so to got it, i did this:

1. repaired vista bootloader: boot into vista dvd, choose repair and go and open the CMD, then first activate VISTA partition wherever you have it, i did this this way:

in CMD type:

DISKPART

LIST DISK

SELECT DISK # (where # is depending on the list before, my disk was "0", so i wrote SELECT DISK 0)

LIST PARTITION (please identify what's your vista partition)

SELECT PARTITION #(where # here is the VISTA partition, i put SELECT PARTITION 1)

ACTIVE (to activate the selected partition, that's what we wanted)

EXIT

EXIT

then reboot, you should start with VISTA directly. Now in VISTA, google for EasyBCD program, it's free, download and install it.

Do this: In EasyBCD, go to the ADD/REMOVE button, you have to add a entry with the "osx86"(something like that) tab. you can also write in "name" whatever you want the new bootloader to show you, i put in here "Mac OS X LEOPARD". REMEMBER TO SAVE in here. be cool, it doesn't matter in which partition you have osx86.

i rebooted, then i cried when it showed me my all-time wished bootloader menu:

-Microsoft Windows Vista

-Mac OS X Leopard.

that's it. good luck.

• 1 month later...
great info, thanks.

waiting for your 10.5.7 updates.

Hi,

Great post, thanks. I installed 10.5.7 using iATKOS v7 and didn't get much problems. Almost everything seems to work, beside the SD Card reader. I tested Wired and Wireless Network. Bluetooth, Media Keys, Video is great. I did not test Video OUT. Also I don't think the sleep mode works as well as the two finger scroll...

• 4 weeks later...

***SD MMC Card reader

***Internal Mic

i've read that you can enable this ones on hackintosh, i'll keep looking until i find them and test them.

Hi,

I have a similar configuration, and can configure my Internal Mic with "SticMAC_s_Audio_fix", can be found instructions at this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173056

It's worked for my Dell Vostro 1310

But I'm still troubles with wifi (intel iwi4965) and GMAX3100 (insist with a black screen after boot).

Except this trobules, and untested firewire, MMC drive and PCMCIA, everything working... tks for this post, helped me a lot...

kind regards

Kl0nEz

Well, what can I say - IT WORKED! Nearly flawlessly - full graphics, usb working, touchpad and even fingerprint reader. My Vostro 1310 config is slightly different - but also nvidia vga and so on.

Only problem is - I thought I could change the system language to german - but no luck with that. This guide is awesome, It really works and really works gooooood ;D

Well, what can I say - IT WORKED! Nearly flawlessly - full graphics, usb working, touchpad and even fingerprint reader. My Vostro 1310 config is slightly different - but also nvidia vga and so on.

Only problem is - I thought I could change the system language to german - but no luck with that. This guide is awesome, It really works and really works gooooood ;D

I'm glad you liked it man. now feel the mac !!.

I'm still having problems on my shutdown, i have to push the power button few seconds after leopard goes out. for me it's not really a big deal, i got used to it. but if you can help me with this i'd appreciate. tell me if you have the same problem.

Now, we gotta prepare stuff to update to 10.5.8, because "ilife 09" and "safari 4", etc, ask for 10.5.7 and after, we're getting left behind, hehe. so let's keep in touch to achieve this.

or KEEP WAITING FEW DAYS FOR THE SNOW LEOPARD 10.5.6 and wait for the osx86 magicians do their fabulous job.

regards.

Hi,

I have a similar configuration, and can configure my Internal Mic with "SticMAC_s_Audio_fix", can be found instructions at this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173056

It's worked for my Dell Vostro 1310

But I'm still troubles with wifi (intel iwi4965) and GMAX3100 (insist with a black screen after boot).

Except this trobules, and untested firewire, MMC drive and PCMCIA, everything working... tks for this post, helped me a lot...

kind regards

Kl0nEz

Man, i go into the link you suggested me. but i find that the links for download the audio fixes are not really links, they are on plain text. can you help me with the files.?? so i can get the full mic an auto change for headphones?

thnx

Yes, the mac wave hit me :lol:

This strange shutdown issue came up just recently, after i've updated quicktime and iwork. Right after install i could shutdown pretty normal. Reboot works normal. Yesterday I saw a strange Shutdown notice, telling me that I should power off the machine with the power button. Hm...

However, I ran the xbench and got a score of 139. and something. Is that what can be expected or is it to low? Maybe we can share some results.

@ the update issue:

My understanding is that we need a newer version of chameleons bootloader, for 10.5.8 and the lurking snow leopard, right? Since we use Vanilla kernel, the only things that could prevent successful updates are the additional kext we got.

Yes, the mac wave hit me ;)

This strange shutdown issue came up just recently, after i've updated quicktime and iwork. Right after install i could shutdown pretty normal. Reboot works normal. Yesterday I saw a strange Shutdown notice, telling me that I should power off the machine with the power button. Hm...

However, I ran the xbench and got a score of 139. and something. Is that what can be expected or is it to low? Maybe we can share some results.

@ the update issue:

My understanding is that we need a newer version of chameleons bootloader, for 10.5.8 and the lurking snow leopard, right? Since we use Vanilla kernel, the only things that could prevent successful updates are the additional kext we got.

hi.

that shutdown notice is when a "kernel panic" occurs, but this one is harmless. i detected why this happens, at least for me, it happens when you shutdown when the battery charger is not connected, and when it is connected you have your shutdown apparently normal, but i don't think so, it's not a COMPLETE shutdown. and referred for the restart is the same, i have to push few secs the power button. first i wanna know if yours is a complete shutdown, i mean, does your vostro TOTALLY goes off? until any led is off!!??, tell me everything about it.

second, my internal mic is fully functional now. SO HAPPY !!!...you can read again my post and find everything you need for this.

finally. i ran xbench and got 115. you know my hardware, what's yours? heh, 139 is a very high value, even than a normal macbook's, congrats.

write you soon...

• 2 weeks later...
Man, i go into the link you suggested me. but i find that the links for download the audio fixes are not really links, they are on plain text. can you help me with the files.?? so i can get the full mic an auto change for headphones?

thnx

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

But you can mic works on new update.

I'm have the same trouble with shutdown.

My Xbench only 58,37, can you help me to improve this value ? Or couse my graphic card are Intel ?

tks

Kl0nEz

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

But you can mic works on new update.

I'm have the same trouble with shutdown.

My Xbench only 58,37, can you help me to improve this value ? Or couse my graphic card are Intel ?

tks

Kl0nEz

well man... yes indeed i have my mic now running ok.... for your xbench mark, sss, mmmm, :wallbash: have to improve hardware, maybe getting more RAM. or maybe try this:

1. put your display to sleep: go to system preferences, then "expose & spaces" pref, now set any corner to put your display to sleep.

1.2 PUT YOUR DISPLAY TO SLEEP !

2. done this, the system, when wakes up from the display sleep, the graphics go a lot faster and smoother. reason??...i don't know, just try man.

3. done that, run xbench again. and see if the score goes up. reply me with your results please.

regards.

well man... yes indeed i have my mic now running ok.... for your xbench mark, sss, mmmm, :) have to improve hardware, maybe getting more RAM. or maybe try this:

1. put your display to sleep: go to system preferences, then "expose & spaces" pref, now set any corner to put your display to sleep.

1.2 PUT YOUR DISPLAY TO SLEEP !

2. done this, the system, when wakes up from the display sleep, the graphics go a lot faster and smoother. reason??...i don't know, just try man.

3. done that, run xbench again. and see if the score goes up. reply me with your results please.

regards.

Hi dude,

I have 3gb of RAM

don't work for me, I think couse my graphic card are a Intel X3100, my score with xbench stay unchanged.

Relax, I'm wating a new Vostro 1310 with a Nvidia, in this or next week. Do you have a overheat troubles with Nvidia and Dell ?

tks

Kl0nez

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tutorial!

I did everything by you're tutorial but after booting to OS first blue screen comes up and then black screen and everything just hangs. Don't even know where to begin from... I'm completley newbe if it comes to using OSX so please help me out here. The only thing I did different from you was that I installed the X3100 driver for graphics cause I have the intel video. Plzzz don't start by telling me to hack in to kernel and mess around with it... don't yet know how to even do it. The OSX boots up if I use -x ( safe mode ), I can then use wifi, video looks ok but there is no sound drivers installed. The intel chipset driver seams to work ok, since the wifi light is on... and the webcam works well. Touchpad doesn't have the scrolling function tough...

So if anybody could help me out plzz do so...

oh yeah... using Vostro 1310 with the GM instead of PM chipset and X3100 video instead of NVIDIA.

Thanks for the tutorial!

I did everything by you're tutorial but after booting to OS first blue screen comes up and then black screen and everything just hangs.

Hi,

I had the same problem whem instaled the first time, the things worked for me are:

1 - Don`t select anything on your first install. Except PS2FixKeyboard.

2 - After first boot (with -f flag) make a extensions backup ( /System/Library/Extensions ).

2.1 - Install one new extension and backup agin. Until you have your system stable, new extension and backup...

Couse you install any extension and you have a hang, use a -x boot flag and recover your extensions directory from last backup.

Look my install list:

1 - PS/2 Keyboard Fix

2 - PowerManagement Package

3 - Perian

4 - iwi4965

If you have a boot1 error (like me) , look the fix:

First, boot with a DVD install

-s rd=disk0s1
  /sbin/fsck -fy
  /sbin/mount -uw /
  sudo -s
  cd /usr/standalone/i386
  dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
  cp boot /
  reboot

regards

Kl0NEz

Thanks! I guess the X3100 driver that comes with iPC isn't working. With out checking it, everything looks fine and it boots up. Now might it have 3D performance issues thanks to it?

Another thing... can't figure out, why other VOSTRO 1310's are working with this conf but not mine. I installed the sound kext and voila, sounds worked well. After installing voodo-ops drivers and the new trackpad configuration trackpad worked well BUT!..... after installing the power meter kext the keyboard stopped working and it looked like I was holding down a button. If I clicked on a textbox it seamed that nr.7 button was held but it wasn't so... tried the installation other way around, installed the power meter first and it worked well... after installing the trackpad thingie the same thing again. No keyboard, not even in safe mode and it seamed that a button was held down all the time. So what I could figure is that the powermeter kext wich uses the sleep button aso. is conflicting with the trackpad kext.

Tell you the truth its impossible to find anything useful from this forum for a newbie. All they talk about is vanilla, kernel kext aso.

Any ideas? If I'll get this working, I'll update this thread for installing tutorial on VOSTRO1310 with the setup I have.

Thanks m8s!

Alright... finally got allmost everything working. I installed PowerManagement Package and Clamshell Display support for the power meter. Now everything except sleep is working I guess. Oh yeah, one annoying problem. If I plug in an power adaptor then screen darkens and on battery the screen goes brighter. Should be other way around? What could cause this and any possible solutions anyone???

Alright... finally got allmost everything working. I installed PowerManagement Package and Clamshell Display support for the power meter. Now everything except sleep is working I guess. Oh yeah, one annoying problem. If I plug in an power adaptor then screen darkens and on battery the screen goes brighter. Should be other way around? What could cause this and any possible solutions anyone???

Hi,

I have the same trouble ... :P

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have the same trouble ... ;)

Got solution :=)

I really had to hack the kernel and write my own scripts for the kexts and batches... NOT! :)

Acutally don't know anything about those things but about display dimming. klonez, just set the brightness with fn + up or down arrow brighter whet on ac power and then disconnect the power and set it darker. Funny thing is that next time you install OSX the thing works so I presume it's from BIOS and windows has its own thingie. Was so simple solution that I had to say DOPE! after it worked and I had gone through forums for weeks.

• 1 month later...

Hey kl0nez,

Thank you for directions,...It worked well on my vostro 1310. :)

I could not fix a couple of things though.

Can you help me, Let me know what you did to make wireless work on your vostro.

I have an intel 4965agn module.

Also, I could not get touch pad preferences back into system preferences pane with the steps in your post.

Thanks,

Rakesh

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you help me, Let me know what you did to make wireless work on your vostro.

I have an intel 4965agn module.

I was change my wireless card, couse the new 4965 extensions have a bug, look the issue below.

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/issues/detail?id=108

But, when the devel contact-me, I did'nt have a 4965 anymore.

You can find a new atheros card cheeper under e-bay up to 20USD and have a kismac working with packet injection.

cya

Kl0nEz

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I had the same problem whem instaled the first time, the things worked for me are:

1 - Don`t select anything on your first install. Except PS2FixKeyboard.

2 - After first boot (with -f flag) make a extensions backup ( /System/Library/Extensions ).

2.1 - Install one new extension and backup agin. Until you have your system stable, new extension and backup...

Couse you install any extension and you have a hang, use a -x boot flag and recover your extensions directory from last backup.

Look my install list:

1 - PS/2 Keyboard Fix

2 - PowerManagement Package

3 - Perian

4 - iwi4965

If you have a boot1 error (like me) , look the fix:

First, boot with a DVD install

-s rd=disk0s1
  /sbin/fsck -fy
  /sbin/mount -uw /
  sudo -s
  cd /usr/standalone/i386
  dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
  cp boot /
  reboot

regards

Kl0NEz

Hi, I'm new on Mac world, and instal 10.5.6 LEOPARD EDITION ideneb 1.4 edition PC, follow all steps, and like Tips, i have the same problem in my Vosto 1310 with the video.

My config is this:

--Processor: Intel Core2Duo T8100 2.10GHz 3Mb Cache

--RAM: 3Gb RAM 667MHz

--Chipset: Intel Mobile Chipset Driver

--Video: Intel GMA X3100 --Sound: IDT STAC9205 Audio driver

--Ethernet:Realtek RTL8100 Ethernet controller --Wireless IDT STAC9205 Audio driver

Could you help me please? :(

Regards

Carlos

• 2 months later...

hi guys,

I cant make a new topic so i searched and tought this topic is the best place to ask.

I have the chance to buy 2 mini pici wifi cars:

Atheros AR5BXB61 or Atheros AR5007EG

I wanted to know wich wifi card would be the best and is compatible at the moment with IPC Leopard 10.5.6 ?

Im searching for another one because mine is: Intel 3495 wifi card sad.gif

I hope some one can advise me!

• 6 months later...
UPDATE: wanna update your system after this, but you are afraid of it?? don't be, read my new topic: UPDATING iPC 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 using Apple Software Update on Vostro 1310...

Hi Friends.

For a long time i wanted to have my own mac, now since exists OSx86 (tiger 10.4.1 :) ), the pursuit of my dream was started.

I recently got a DELL VOSTRO 1310, although it's a cheap/nice/capable machine, bought it with the hope of having a fully functional osx86 hackintosh, so i tried Kalyway INTEL/AMD 10.5.2 DVD and iAtkos 5i one, but none of them was giving me full hardware chars such as QE/CI, Wireless, battery meter, etc. But the time has come !!, iPC osx86 10.5.6 Universal Final PPF5 distro did almost all the work.. hehe ;)

Also i have to say, since this forum has helped me a lot through all the research, it seems to me that sharing my experience with all of you is a kind of a feedback..and of course, for those who want their vostro 1310 with around 95% fully functional as mine.

i'll try to specify everything as it was in the process to make it clear, if this process worked for me means that it should work for you, showing you exactly what i did gives you a one-safe way to victory apple, isn't it?? (hehe, at least for the vostro 1310 owners)

Before we begin, this was my initial state:

** 3 NTFS primary partitions in the following REAL order:

** Partition 1~60GB "OS": Windows Vista Home Basic Already Installed

** Partition 2~50GB "DATA": i created this one for the only purpose of storing data.

** Partition 3~50GB not mounted in vista: i left this space just to install my OSXLEOPARD

At this point i can surely say that VISTA (if you want to keep it and have a dualboot) HAS TO BE IN THE FIRST PARTITION OF THE HD, otherwise you can lose all you data in your disk as happened to me when i couldn't had done it along all my tries.

So, like Mario, HERE WE GO !!

First let me introduce you my VOSTRO 1310 - info from Everest Ultimate Edition app in vista:

--Processor: Intel Core2Duo T5670 1.8GHz 2Mb Cache

--RAM: 2Gb RAM 667MHz

--Chipset: Intel Crestline-PM PM965

--Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (128MB)

--Sound: Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

--Ethernet:Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

--Wireless: WLAN 1395 Dell

--Web Camera & internal Mic

--UPEK Fingerprint biometric coprocessor

--O2 Micro SD MMC card reader

--6 Cell Lithium ION Battery

Downloaded iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Final PPF5 DVD, ehh, you know where to get it. :D

As mentioned before, i had ready the last (third) partition for installing Mac, being burnt the DVD installer, went to boot from it. i'd recommend start with the "-v" in darwin bootloader prompt, so you can check if everything is going OK when loading the osx installer or detect any kernel panics.

Now we're inside the installer, went to diskutility and formated my third partition to "HFS+ Journaled" labeled "LEOPARD" (don't worry as i was, if you find your partitions in gray color and not mounted, just formated the third one then only this one showed itself in color) exit diskutility. continue the installer, selected LEOPARD.

Watch for the "CUSTOMIZE" button and go for it. here is the useful info: In my case i selected ONLY, YES, O N L Y the following options (uploaded image), selected because of my hardware:

post-426846-1244759332_thumb.jpg

***NOTES***

*** iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System: IT'S A MUST !!

*** Spanish Package: for my dear Colombia, you're always welcome to visit us.

***I did not choose any of the kernels in the "Kernels" Option, this means you'll install Vanilla Kernel 9.6.

***NVDarwin 128 MB: for my NVIDIA for full QE/CI graphics.

***Intel ICHx SATA Drivers: for my chipset

***ALC268: For my intel sound.

***Realtek R1000: it says it is for almost ethernet realteks including mine.

***Broadcom Driver: for almost broadcoms, for my Wireless 1395 Dell that is actually broadcom.

***PowerManagement Package: I believed that with this one could show me the battery meter, i guess it didn't go as expected.

***PS/2 Keyboard Fix: it says for both mouse and keyboard ps2.

***AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 667MHz: mi RAMs are 667MHz

*** Various applications.

Installation went pretty fast, rebooted. i was AMAZED when the darwin bootloader showed me 3 options as follows:

*** HD(0,1) OS ---> (VISTA)

*** HD(0,2) DATA

*** HD(0,3) LEOPARD <---

selected LEOPARD, loaded sucessfully to preconfiguration such as zone, name, etc.

IN LEOPARD Hardware observations:

*** OOB FUNCTIONING HARDWARE***

*** Video NVIDIA Full OK with QE/CI

*** Wireless

*** Laptop Camera

*** keyboard & touchpad

*** Volume media buttons OK

*** Ethernet LAN !! (already tested) OK

*** HAD-TO-FIX HARDWARE***

*** Sound: had to go to system preferences, then sound, choose internal speakers in both tabs. if you want to hear through the headphones, have to do the same.

UPDATE: YESS !!! NOW THE INTERNAL MIC WORKS !!! You have to install this NEW Audio kexts for the ALC268, these are from SticMAC, really nice. you can install them with the Kext Helper application, just drag and drop both kexts, introduce your user password, and go for easy install. remember to backup your these-ones originals kexts. it goes flawlessly. I suggest to play a little with the VOICE CONTROL, it's really cool. AAAHHH, i almost forgot, yes, these kexts make the autoswitching for the sound output, just plug-in/out the headphones. PERFECT !!

Enough, here are the files.

FIX_Audio_ALC_268_StiMACs.zip---> the SticMAC's audio kexts

Kext_Helper_b7.zip ---> The KEXT HELPER

GOOD LUCK !!

*** Battery indicator: install PowerManagement10.5.3.pkg (file here uploaded, courtesy of awebo.net), with this one i got battery in time and percentage. COOL!

Here you have.PowerManagement10.5.3_pkg___De_awevo_1_.net.zip

***My keyboard's layout corresponds to ESPA�OL COLOMBIA, so i looked a bit on the google and found this page where you can download many keyboard layout's plugins: "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showuser=100500", in my case i used col.0.8.zip. Col.0.8.zip i just copied the contents to \Library\Keyboard Layout, then reboot. then go to system preferences, international then keyboard inputs, search and select the one you just installed/need. this way:

post-426846-1244769360_thumb.jpg

***[NEW] UPEK Biometric Processor Driver***

YESSSS !! mi fingerprint reader is fully working, it does at startup as security log-in as the same in vista. you just have to download the UPEK installer for Mac in here and that's it. "http://www.upek.com/support/downloads/mac/"

***[NEW] ALPS Side scrolling & tap-clicking Touchpad & Media buttons***

For the full touchpad features like side scrolling and tap/double tap clicking visit this tutorial and follow it without any question.

. there you can get the necessary files too, this is the voodoops2-something-like-that kext.

The media buttons worked after the voodoops2-something-like-that kext flawlessly, it happened indeed, do you believe in magic!=? or maybe voodoops2 kext does this too!?? somebody confirm me that...

At the end of this tutorial, if your cursor speed is too fast and you don't have Trackpad preferences in the System Preferences, then this file is for you too: Trackpad_prefs.zip there are the steps to follow, it's pretty simple.

Finally if you want to scroll like and iphone does, download SmartScroll app here:

SmartScroll is really good.. try it !!

***NOT TESTED YET***

Firewire : it recognizes mine, but i don't have where to test it, when i do i'll let you know.

aah, and Sleep function

:P

***SD MMC Card reader: i tested already one, but nothing.

***ABOUT VISTA PARTITION***

I don't know if i'm just lucky, but when i selected "hd(0,1) OS" (where i had VISTA) from the darwin bootloader, VISTA started successfully with no problems. SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO REPAIR VISTA'S BOOTLOADER NOR ANYTHING TO MAKE A DUALBOOT, i got dualboot naturally, i just choose the partition over darwin bootloader.

***ABOUT APPLE UPDATES***

In the apple software updates option in mac, it goes natural. it is said if you update to 10.5.7 then the media buttons (l<< >>l >ll and eject) will be able to work, i'm gonna test it.

***For the moment, i've updated iMovie, iPhoto an iTunes in this way, everything just perfect.

***SCREENSHOTS***

***General:

post-426846-1244768357_thumb.jpg

***Video Config:

post-426846-1244769239_thumb.jpg

***Vostro1310 hackintosh:

post-426846-1244769579_thumb.jpg

***THANKS***

thanks to everyone who make this possible, IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME GETTING MY MISSING HARDWARE'S DRIVERS (SD CARD READER, internal mic) I'D APPRECIATE SO MUCH.

i'm open to your questions.

Regards

Lynx

***UPDATE***

***To have a more beautiful dualboot:

Like i said before, my default bootloader was darwin's (chamaleon). it showed me this options:

hd(0,1) OS

hd(0,2) DATA

hd(0,3) LEOPARD

i wanted a menu that showed me like this:

Microsoft Windows Vista

Mac OS X Leopard

so to got it, i did this:

1. repaired vista bootloader: boot into vista dvd, choose repair and go and open the CMD, then first activate VISTA partition wherever you have it, i did this this way:

in CMD type:

DISKPART

LIST DISK

SELECT DISK # (where # is depending on the list before, my disk was "0", so i wrote SELECT DISK 0)

LIST PARTITION (please identify what's your vista partition)

SELECT PARTITION #(where # here is the VISTA partition, i put SELECT PARTITION 1)

ACTIVE (to activate the selected partition, that's what we wanted)

EXIT

EXIT

then reboot, you should start with VISTA directly. Now in VISTA, google for EasyBCD program, it's free, download and install it.

Do this: In EasyBCD, go to the ADD/REMOVE button, you have to add a entry with the "osx86"(something like that) tab. you can also write in "name" whatever you want the new bootloader to show you, i put in here "Mac OS X LEOPARD". REMEMBER TO SAVE in here. be cool, it doesn't matter in which partition you have osx86.

i rebooted, then i cried when it showed me my all-time wished bootloader menu:

-Microsoft Windows Vista

-Mac OS X Leopard.

that's it. good luck.

I followed your directions all the way through and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much! I've missed mac os much and thanks to you I have it working on my dell