1 Screenshot

About This File

Open source driver for the Realtek RTL8111/8168 family.

New Driver for Realtek RTL8111

Anybody who is looking for a add-on network card with Realtek NIC might want to consider the Delock 89357. This card is equipped with a RTL8111E-VL (chipset 16) which is known to work perfectly with my driver because this chipset is my primary test device.

What's New in Version 2.4.2   See changelog

Released

• Reworked auto-negotiation to fix issue with 100 MBit/s switches.
  • Requires Mojave or above.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Fantastic! Works like a charm, much more stable than the two Realtek drivers provided by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for the RTL8111E. My world is so much better now.

This might be a dumb question but how do I install the latest version? How do I install it in the Extensions folder?

Thanks!

This works better than the RTL8169 driver that I was using.  I the past if my router reset or disconnected for any reason or if I removed the ethernet cable, I had no connection until I rebooted.

If you have the rtl8916 kext installed remove it and replace with this one.

Works perfectly with Mavericks 10.9.4 and Yosemite Beta 2 and DP6 on my Z87-HD3 mobo.

Thanks

Hi,  Mieze!

Like to say thank you.

I have running 10.9 and 10.10 beta with your kext in the last few month.

Mostly working, except samba copying.

Now, with 10.10.1,  It is all working and even with samba.

My testing PC is:  Acer ATC605 with RTL E version.

Thank you! My Hackintosh lost it's mind and I couldn't get the other driver to work anymore.  Followed your instructions with this and everything is back to normal!