1 Screenshot

About This File

AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 from High Sierra PB1_17A291m.

Info.plist has been edited so Bundle version is 999.1.1 ---> give higher priority loading in kernel cache/pre-linked kernel than v329 from later betas/GM. Need to disable SIP (since editing info.plist invalidates Apple's kext signature).

Install in /Library/Extensions (so doesn't get over-written during updates) repair permissions, rebuild caches eg

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Test kext is loadable...

sudo kextutil -tn /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

Confirm kext is loaded after rebooting the system...

kextstat | grep AHCIPort

To use with a USB installer, the kext needs to be included in the prelinkedkernel. Use PLK.tool attached to post#13 to create a new prelinkedkernel with AppleAHCIPort.kext v328, then replace original prelinkedkernel in the installer - post#16.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@ellaosx,

The kext is mainly required on older systems and certain SATA controllers eg @Matgen had problems with hot plug on his ASMedia 1061 controller, some people in the forums reported ICH10 and 5 series disk issues.

If you don't have any of the issues I have tagged to the file upload, and your system sees all your attached HDD/SSD, then no need to install it :).

• Like 2

@fusion71au

I had problems with hot plug on Asmedia1061 and also  Intel 7 series sata controllers before your kext. Now all is fine.

• Like 2

All the THNX going to @SunKi.

His patches for v329 PCH5 && ICH10:

4585F60F 95C289C8 83E0FE66 85C9780F 84D2750B --> 89C883E0 FE6685C9 0F98C141 08CC9090 9090750B 
AppleAHCIPort
fix IO Error AppleAHCIPort for ICH10

89C82540 6002003D 40200000 750C81E1 BF7FFFFF 898B5101 0000 --> 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 9090
AppleAHCIPort
hot-plug AppleAHCIPort for ICH10

• Like 2

Yes, @SunKi's Clover "on the fly" patches also work for me on 5 series SATA.  

If you want to give them a try, delete the modded driver in /L/E and rebuild kext cache ---> will restore loading of AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 from /S/L/E i.e

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then add @SunKi's patches to config.plist/KextsToPatch...

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi</string>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=</data>
			</dict>

and reboot :).

• Like 5

Today I installed the kext succesfully on my GA-B75M-D3H Hack with MacOS 10.13.1. The Clover on-the-fly trick did not work for me.

Thanks very much!

Using this kext is the only solution for me to have HDD sleep work (P5Q Dlx, ICH10, 10.13.1)

Patchs on the fly are fixing AHCI but not HDD sleep for now.

Thank you.

Thank goodness! @SunKi's clover injection works flawlessly. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong since my eSATA worked perfectly under El Capitan.

Great job ,after a day fiddling with it ,thinking I needed to reformat my 16 gb media stumbled on your post .

worked for me on a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 ,got my media back ,

Thank You .

Well thanks too

I was about to try rolling back to a Sierra version of AppleAHCIPort.kext when I found your post.

The still-buggy kext (macOS 13,3 here) was misloading my JMicron JMB363 ports (setting them as ALPM instead of eSATA) thus not mounting connected disks and delaying boot by about 5 minutes...

verbose boot showing  "IOAHCIBlockStorage Driver could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts"

SunKi's patches are now obsolete.

It is more likely to use vit9696's patch, that disables behaviour of enabling ALPM where it is unneeded.

Find    --> 40600200
Replace --> 00000000
AppleAHCIPort
			<dict>
				<key>#MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QGACAA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>

• Like 2

Thanks!

Moorre's patch resolved the issue for me, in the following setup:

- ASUS H81C, a 2-port eSATA PCIe card based on the ASM1061 chipset, connected (via eSATA) to a Sharkoon 5-bay enclosure

- sleep/wake behavior was fine under El Cap

- installed High Sierra 10.13.4 yesterday, made sure BIOS:CSM compatibility was Enabled

- the enclosure would detect the disks during post, but sleep after the Clover screen, i.e. early on during booting as the Apple logo appeared :-(

- diskutil list would not show the drives, just the one on the top bay

I then tried (in exasperation) the patch directly above, and it now behaves flawlessly during boot, i.e. the enclosure and all its disks are recognized; will test sleeping later today.

Thanks!!!

With greetings from Athens,

Xen

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

I can confirm that the ALPM patch for AppleAHCIPort by @vit9696 still works in Mojave (DB2) and High Sierra 10.13.6beta3.

Note Sunki's original patch works in HS but not in Mojave.

Thanks to @Moorre's post above :)

Thanks for IO error patch.  But what about hot-plug patch, please? Actually I use Sunki's patch on High Sierra (10.13.5) and Mojave (Dev Beta 2)

@Matgen84,

According to @vit9696's post#14243 at Applelife.ru, it seems like his patch will fix all the problems introduced with AppleAHCIPort.kext v329, running on old SATA controllers/hard disks.  The fundamental problem is that Aggressive Link Power Management is not supported by our old hardware.

You can try it and report back :yes:

Edited by fusion71au
  • Like 2