QE_CI Exotic Patch for macOS 10.12.4

About This File

This is the so called exotic patch for Radeon 48XX cards.

All credits goes to Netkas and fantomas who taught me how to patch it :)

This is a NEW VERSION (Monday April the 17th 2017):

I fixed Info.plist in AMD4800.kext and ATIRAdeonX2000.kext.

If old version didn't work give it a try.

What's New in Version 04/17/2017 05:55 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @all    :)

Thank you sughero for this upload.   :)

If I didn't upload them yet it is because I wanted people to do it themselves. It is why I always posted both files (patched and original). Just have to compare both of them with a hex editor and you'll see what has been patched.

Also, just add Netkas as Developer with Add Author button, as he was the initial investigator of this exotic patch (even if he's no more supporting it).  ;)

• Like 1

Doesn't work.

That's weird, are you sure you cleaned the cache?

what card are you using? The only thing I can think of is AMD4800 Info.plist is missing your card's id.

Hi @all    :)

Thank you sughero for this upload.   :)

If I didn't upload them yet it is because I wanted people to do it themselves. It is why I always posted both files (patched and original). Just have to compare both of them with a hex editor and you'll see what has been patched.

Also, just add Netkas as Developer with Add Author button, as he was the initial investigator of this exotic patch (even if he's no more supporting it).  ;)

done, thanks :D

• Like 1

That's weird, are you sure you cleaned the cache?

what card are you using? The only thing I can think of is AMD4800 Info.plist is missing your card's id.

I have a 4890. I booted with no caches. I get a kernel panic pretty much every time with the ATIRadeonX2000.kext. :/

I have a 4890. I booted with no caches. I get a kernel panic pretty much every time with the ATIRadeonX2000.kext. :/

Probably 4890 id was missing in Info.plist.

I uploaded a new version putting ALL ids I found in 10.12.3 patch; give it a try.

This patch was for 10.12.4 not for 10.12.5.

I shall soon upload new one.

Unfortunately, does not work on 10.12.4 :(