1 Screenshot

About This File

Enoch

Latest revision of my Chameleon bootloader branch.

Not able to boot AFPS yet....

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

- Installer PKG

- Binaries format (Manual install)

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Chameleon bootloader credits goes to Chameleon Team http://forum.voodooprojects.org

Changelog: http://forge.voodoop...e/changes/HEAD/

This revision of Enoch contain the upcoming FileNVRAM revision 1.1.5 (RC8)

Credits to Micky1979

----------------------------------------

Modulo_FileNVRAM.png

All credits go to meklort and cosmo1t.

FileNVRAM copyright © 2013 xZeneu LLC. FileNVRAM is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license.

Please see the license file for details

More Info: xZenue

----------------------------------------

Language Translation:

lang.png

For on-line Chameleon language package resource edit

>> Pootle

Hi all translators,You can help us to translate the Chameleon Project.You need to have gettext utilities installed.You can install them :* With MacPorts or Finkor* With the package http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112112/Chameleon.Dev/gettext-0.18.1.1.dmgYou need to change your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile to add the path to the utilities:# MacPorts Installer: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.# MacPorts Installer: adding an appropriate MANPATH variable for use with MacPorts.export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH# Finished adapting your MANPATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.You must also have a PO editor like Poedit: http://www.poedit.net/download.phpThe files to translate are in package/po directory.Open them with your PO editor and translate.If you want to add a new language copy the package/po/chameleon.pot to po/$lang.po where $lang isthe new language you want to add.Example to add belgian language:# cp package/po/chameleon.pot package/po/be.poNow you can start translating the new po file with your PO editor

Pls translate/complete it.

Link here on InsanelyMac (Italian only): Enoch Bootloader

Enjoy

ErmaC

What's New in Version r2922   See changelog

Released

• kernel patchers updated to boot Catalina (credits to: CrazyBirdy)
  • Added Catalina Icons detection.

Enoch-rev.2922.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ok this will be my last post for now i don't want the administrators to think that i'm bombarding the forum

if i installed the filenvram.dylib all by itself it doesn't boot

if i remove filenvram.dylib then it boots but no web drivers and no acceleration

if i add filenvram.kext to L/E and i also installed filenvram.dylib

the same thing happen

it boots but no web drivers and no acceleration

maybe is just my system or the problem is my system with sierra

next i will try with el capitan there i can load the web drivers the old school way

for now i wait for the development of filenvram

at least they are working on it because it was stuck for a few years

i hope they get it to work because that is the only thing holding enoch/chameleon back

and is not really enoch/chameleon fault 

is not even filenvram fault because filenvram still work with older systems

is the changes that apple made starting from yosemite all the way up to sierra

anyway thanks guys i be checking every once in a while

i will give it another try this time using el capitan as test subject

lol

ok this will be my last post for now i don't want the administrators to think that i'm bombarding the forum

Lol

@DSOS there is a Topic support here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-24svn-official-pkg-installer/page-209?do=findComment&comment=2396129where you can " bombard" the Topic and explain better your problems indicating your specs, OSes installed, tell us if you forgot to set the "KernelBooter_kexts" to Yes in kernel.plist etc..

• Like 1

I mean installers created with createinstallmedia. Last time I tried worked, if now can't ..will be fixed soon

Yes. Now it boots the installer as on a real mac - thanks to embedded FakeSMC. Everything seems fine.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm not ErmaC, but you really should install only the new module and delete any FileNVRAM.kext here and there..

1.1.4 was never released by meklort (creator/mantainer) an sure was an unofficial build by someone.

This module instead is still unofficial, but I'm working with meklort that accepted some changes by me. Just moments ago I received an improved version by Him to test :)

yes i'm aware of that but thanks for bringing that up for the ones that don't know the story

well if you guys work together i'm sure you that we will have good results at the end

:thumbsup_anim:

Lol

@DSOS there is a Topic support here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-24svn-official-pkg-installer/page-209?do=findComment&comment=2396129where you can " bombard" the Topic and explain better your problems indicating your specs, OSes installed, tell us if you forgot to set the "KernelBooter_kexts" to Yes in kernel.plist etc..

i deleted the old kext file from S/L 

i already had kernel booter choose or selected and still doesn't load to the desktop

if i remove the filenvram.dylib then it does boot but no graphic acceleration

it has to be some kind of incompatibility with my board

most probably i will get it to work after the next release

after the code has been analyzed improved and optimized

so it's ok for now

i know it just a matter of time now

thanks to you to ermac and to meklort

:moil:

@DSOS are you using an nvme disk?

hello there micky1979 no i'm not using any nvme disk, right now i'm using an m.2 sata ahci for my main sierra system

for the test i used an ssd drive via internal sata port and also via usb using a usb enclosure, and is the same result in every test

i also tried el capitan yesterday but is refusing to boot

last time i had enoch version 2838 or something like that and el capitan used to boot all the time

later on today i will try with an older version of enoch to see if the problem is the new boot loader on my system

all my bios settings are correct

i used yosemite and el capitan just fine with enoch for 2 years with no problem

but now that i installed el capitan when i use the new version of enoch bootloader

el capitan is not booting either 

i had 2 samsung pro 960 512 gb but i returned them, this was before the nvme patch was release

there it was a first version from another website but that driver only booted 1 every 100 tries

and i couldn't have my system like that

at that time i could only use the drive as storage 

i really don't regret returning those drives even after the new patch that really works came out

because i have a rocket raid card that smoke those drives

the good thing about my raid card is that the write speed and the read speed is even

not like the samsung drives that they are fast reading but a little slower writing

anyway i will try to boot el capitan today then after is booting i will try to add the new module to the extra folder

to see what it does

i know i'm putting the new module in an older version of enoch but i'm also using an older os "el capitan"

and the point here is to test the nvram

until i can find a way to boot sierra

so i really don't see any problem why the module shouldn't work in an older version of enoch

if the module works then it has to work

i also have a few 7200 rpm hd, so i can also run test with the traditional 7200 rpm hd to discard any possibility

if you have anything for me to try i'll be more than happy to help

because by helping you i'm also helping others and myself

don't worry, it will not break my system i have a few spare drives to run test

thanks for asking micky1979 i also forgot to thank you yesterday for the link that you posted for support

i hope you understand my english, is really my second language

i'll be back later

How to enable nVidia webdrivers ?

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 (with FileNVRAM.dylib)

or

NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes in kexts.plist (without FileNVRAM.dylib)

• Like 3

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 (with FileNVRAM.dylib)

or

NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes in kexts.plist (without FileNVRAM.dylib)

Ok, so I was able to get the Web Drivers enabled by installing Enoch v2877 with the FileNVRAM.dylib option selected followed by sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 in Terminal but how come it shows "OS X Default Graphics Driver" selected in the menu bar but when I go to the NVIDIA Driver Manager preference panel it shows NVIDIA Web driver selected?

---EDIT---

Never mind... I just realized that in the NVIDIA Driver Manager preference panel I needed to untick and retick the radio button that says "Show NVIDIA Driver Manager in the menu bar" for it to show the correct driver selection.

i tried both and cant get the webdriver to work its a nvidia geforce 950 vendor 0x10de device 0x1402

using the 2877 enoch with both sudo method and kexts.plist

i wonder if the is the smbios someone that managed to get it to work tell me what machine you have maybe it wont work on imac 5k 2014

thank you

Edit : solved it with a change on smbios ...image is perfect dont even have any icons issue anymore 14.2 imac worked like a charm..

thank you

• Like 1

Is there a how to guide for the .pkg somewhere?  Trying to setup 10.12 on my unraid box and I'm gettting a kernel panic using rev2795 that I got from archedraft's guide on his blog https://macosxvirtualmachinekvm.wordpress.com/guide-mac-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-vm-on-unraid/

Not sure if that is causing the panic but I thought a newer version of the bootloader might be the issue loading 10.12.  I tried installing the bootloader to a USB but have no idea how to get the bootloader from that to where I need the other new unraid VM to access it.

Hi!

I'm trying to boot sierra with nvidia webdrivers on my M6400, without fileNVRAM.dylib and with nvda_drv=1 flag with no luck.

I also noticed that with Enoch r2889 it seems unable to load kext from /E/E. No luck also with UseKernelCache set to No into boot.plist and KernelBooter_kexts set to Yes into /Extra/kernel.plist.

My old Enoch r2848 seems to work. try to load the files but they are not actually loaded.

I don't like to use fileNVRAM, but installing it I succeed loading the webdrivers.

Hi,

Has Enoch r2898 been tested with the latest High Sierra beta (build 17A360a)?  The reason I ask is that I get a kernel panic very early in the boot process (just around the time the root device is mounted - I can't tell you more because it scrolls off the screen) but I can boot with Clover OK.  I'd rather use Enoch because Clover interferes with the operation of my PS2 mouse and I can't see any of the partitions on my second drive.  It also disables my Ethernet card when booting Sierra.

My system is an old-but-good GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard with a Core 2 Duo E8400 processor and an Nvidia 9400 video card.  I have a DSDT.aml file and Enoch .plist files that work well with Sierra and am using these with High Sierra also.

Thanks.

[Edit]

Turns out I *can* boot the installed copy, but not the installer on the USB stick.  That may be a USB issue, although I can see the USB stick fine once I am booted into the installed copy.  Anyway, I can live with that, thanks for all your efforts.

[Edit 2]

I got my second disk drive working by replacing AHCIPort.kext with the one from 10.12.6.  On this note, I'd like to suggest that extensions loaded from /Extra/Extensions take precedence over those present in /System/Library/Extensions as this would have made my job a little easier.  If it's possible, that is - it looks like if an extension is present in prelinkedkernel on an installation USB stick it cannot be replaced, which caused me some installation headaches.

I am so glad someone is still maintaining Chameleon. Hopefully I can get some time to work on some helpful documentation, it's been a long time since we last had a documentation flush out and with so many new features and abilities its sure to take some time to write it all out!

I have High Sierra working on my EP45-UD3P with Cartri BIOS using the current version 2898. And I'd much prefer using Enoch's Chameleon over other bootloader.

The current version won't boot Windows 10 nor Snow Leopard (10.6.8) for me. The machine just restarts every time I select that drive.

Has anyone got Windows or 10.6.8 to boot with the current version?

Hello,

I updated to High Sierra with r2898. At reboot, the bootloader stops with message "parseTagDate Unimplemented" very quickly.

Strange thing is if I boot from my backup drive on Sierra with the main drive connected, I have the same message but if I only boot with the back up drive, the message disappears. No matter if I am SATA or IDE connected, same message appears when both drives are connected.

So, I cannot plug anymore my main drive in my computer.

Edit: r2902: same issue. Please guys, help. I am going to plug the main drive through USB to recover my lost data, but is there a simpler solution through a bootloader update ?

Thanks for the hard work

Any idea to be able to connect it again ?

Thanks

Hi, I have tried to install High Sierra with Pandora and latest Enoch as usual. No way. It starts but then i get an error (too fast to get a screen) but concerning cpu fault. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you kindly point me to the right post or give me some advice?

Thank you in advance

Hi, I have tried to install High Sierra with Pandora and latest Enoch as usual. No way. It starts but then i get an error (too fast to get a screen) but concerning cpu fault. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you kindly point me to the right post or give me some advice?

Thank you in advance

Try to follow the steps described by MinusZwei in the chameleon/enoch topic

maybe can be useful for your issue

ErmaC

• Like 1

Don't know if this is related to chameleon/enoch but with the latest High Sierra supplemental update (Oct 2017) the bootloader errors out on loading with the message "ParseTagDate Implemented". 

Pressing enter allows enoch to continue loading but the bootloader shows "10.13 (UPGRADE)" and the supplemental update still appears in the App store and it never can complete, like it's stuck on the Upgrade mode.

• Like 1