MediaTek MT7610U, MT7612U Kext and Network Utility, Sierra working! Driver:5.0.1.25 Utility:

About This File

This is a new updated kext and utility directly from MediaTek for the MT7610U and MT7612U network chipset.

This utility was updated and released on January 20th 2016 on MediaTek website.

I have the Netgear A6210 AC1200-WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter and it works perfectly under OSX 10.11.2 with USB 3.0 and 5GHz networks being recognized.

It should work for any card with one of those two chips.

UPDATE 10/1/2016

I have had some serious trouble updating my system to macOS 10.12 Sierra but I have finally seemed to have gotten it working. When I have done a clean install and installing this package afterwards, It didn't seem to work. However after updating a working copy of El Capitan to Sierra with this package already installed, it seems to work.

So as of this post, this same package does work under macOS 10.12 Sierra but you might have some trouble like I have until mediatek performs their own official update.

UPDATE 10/26/16

I have finally figured out what is going on with this installer package. When you run this package as is, it will not install the kext on macOS sierra. It will install the wireless utility and all associated files but not the actual kext. I have included the kext as a standalone as well.

Install the Kext with kext utility then run the installer pkg. Reboot and you will have a perfectly working USB wireless stick.

Confirmed working macOS 10.12.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks!

The kext 100% working with TP-Link dongle, but I cannot get working the GUI of Network Utility -- it is newer show. Osx Sierra.

Thanks!

The kext 100% working with TP-Link dongle, but I cannot get working the GUI of Network Utility -- it is newer show. Osx Sierra.

Same here but I used this app. Copy the file in the following zip to /Library/PreferencePanes/ and restart.

Open settings and you will find new setting in the bottom where you can find and connect to Wifi :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?7fm5kg164bqe9a8

I get a kernel panic using this kext under Sierra using the Archer T2U =(

For Archer T2U, you have to use it's specific kext file.  Install official TP-link wireless utility for 10.11 and manually install kext file attached here to System > Library > Extensions 

https://www.mediafire.com/?o8x95jeodlr8z33

it works but some hours , it disconnects and i have to delete profile and rejoin wifi to get connection. how to fix ?

im using 10.12.5