7 Screenshots

About This File

NVIDIA Web Driver Updater

Application that search for the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers online and download the standard package from NVIDIA.

What is special with this?

Well, the downloaded package is modified on the fly to remove the hardware restriction, so you can immediately install the new drivers on your hackintosh!

El Capitan Beta's and DPs are still supported!

NEW!

post-674334-0-17666900-1445446274_thumb.png

now NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app can patch NVDAStartupWeb.kext or install NVEnabler.kext, customizable as you wish! (since v1.1)

TIP

patching NVDAStartupWeb.kext the app show you the OS Build version actually used in the unpatched driver, so

if you are in 10.10.1 you have to write the current OS build version ie: 15B42

post-674334-0-32387400-1445433578.png

sobstituing what you see in the field. This is to prevent users mistake clicking the patch button.

Note:

The InsanelyMac logo on the app is clickable and will connect you to the support topic here

About vbios:

if you need to use a video bios in OSX using this app, you can download and select one for your video card at Tech Power Up site!

// NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater

//

// Created by Micky1979 and fantomas1 on 09/10/2015.

// Copyright © 2015 InsanelyMac. All rights reserved.

//

What's New in Version 1.5   See changelog

Released

• 1.5 Now you can download all available old versions of the Web driver within the major OS version (you can chose 10.11.5 drivers (or 10.11.6 beta version), patch it for 10.11.6 final (same for other OSes)..waiting for a new release.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow, great app guys!!

Only one question,

I have a 9400GT and the app says that I have the version 310.42...should i Install the new one(346.03)?

The only thing I have to do is to install the package when the download is done??Thanks!

• Like 2

Really I can't say if the 9400GT can work with the web drivers (is an old card)...

But if you have a secondary OS to delete the NV****Web.kext if something goes wrong you can try.

The package downloaded respect the OS build version (you can't install that package on other OS different from the one where you have downloaded it), but the app remove the check for unsupported hardware, like can be your card. This is to allow the installation on our hackintosh mostly because our hack always have a GPU that real Macs does not have native support:

this mean that for video cards with  "Families chips" equal to those supported by Apple, could work... than only try (no guarantee)

• Like 2

Guys I had to correct a bug in v1.1:

by my mistake InsanelyRepairPermission was not copied inside the app bundle as he should have in Xcode at compile time.

New v1.2 is Ok now!

• Like 1

@Micky1979 &/or @Fantomas1,

(1) Will this work in macOS Sierra?

(2) Will this update through patch for 10.12.1(16A2338B)? I forgot to check with Nvidia Web Driver for macOS Sierra site first before I update it to 10.12.1. Current workable web driver showed 10.12.0.

update:

It did not work on 10.12.1 (16B2338c).

@Micky1979 &/or @Fantomas1,

(1) Will this work in macOS Sierra?

(2) Will this update through patch for 10.12.1(16A2338B)? I forgot to check with Nvidia Web Driver for macOS Sierra site first before I update it to 10.12.1. Current workable web driver showed 10.12.0.

update:

It did not work on 10.12.1 (16B2338c).

It does work. Use the "patch" option if there is no web driver for your version. I just patched the 10.12.2 driver to work in the 10.12.3 beta that has no driver. Open the app, click the tab that says "NVDAstartupWeb.kext", enter your current OS build version from "about this mac" into the "fake OS build version", and then click "patch immediately". This works assuming you already have some webdriver installed from a previous version.

• Like 4

Great tool.  It should be noted that SIP needs to be disabled for the patched kext to work.  As a newbie here, that wasn't immediately obvious.

• Like 3

is this web kext work for Nvidia gt210?! because I have OpenCL disable with native kext.