MSI gt72 2qe 1.0

5 Screenshots

About This File

17.3" (1920 x 1080), Intel Core i7 4720HQ, 16 GB RAM, 1000GB + 128 GB (HDD + SSD), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8 GB, intel hd4600M, BD-RW

GTX980M is not working yet:

1) Apple kexts don't support it. Full resolution, no qe

2) nvidia web driver switches off screen on boot, but laptop is working (should be rebooted by power button)

You should have active hd4600M. Due to laptop has disabled nvidia optimus technology, you need:

1) unlocked bios from MSI see screenshots).

You should reflash your bios.

2) MSI SCM application (see screenshots) press GPU button in windows when SCM is started.

After reboot hd4600m will be activated. You don't need reflash your bios.

I'm using clover bootloader with fakepciid+DSDT method of hd4600M enabling

I don't like patch intel kexts, in this case you don't need patch them after each update.

In addition to this I've replaced original killshot wifi with this one: Broadcom BCM94352Z. It's working

with FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext. (see screenshots)

This wifi has bluetooth (It works with BTFirmwareUploader.kext.zip)

Sound is working with voodoohda 2.8.8.

External HDMI screen is working.

Sleep is working.

Brightness is working.

Ethernet is working with ALXEthernet.kext (see IONetworkingFamily.kext in CLOVER_KEXTS.zip)

WebCam is working with AnyiSightCam.kext.zip (If it doesn't work you should enable it in Windows by SCM application)

Due to all USB are 3.0 you need GenericUSBXHCI.kext in clover.

In attach:

1) DSDT_SSDT.zip (If you want to try my DSDT, SSDT, moved it into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder)

2) config.plist.zip (Put it into EFI/CLOVER folder)

3) CLOVER_KEXTS.zip (Put it into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10)

4) VoodooHDA_2.8.8.pkg.zip (After installation remove AppleHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext if you find them)

config.plist patches:

1) 0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes

2) SSD TRIM enabled

3) Enable internal display after sleep for 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a

4) Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.2/10.10.3

P.S.

DSDT patches:

1) Rename GFX0 to IGPU

2) 7-series/8-series USB

3) IRQ Fix

4) SMBus Fix

5) RTC Fix

6) Shutdown Fix v2

7) HPET Fix

8) OS Check Fix

9) AC Adapter Fix

10) Fix ADBG Error

11) Add MCHC

12) Add IMEI

SSDT patches:

1) Rename GFX0 to IGPU

2) Intel HD 4600

3) Brightness fix (Haswell)

P.S. GTX 980m (Gtx 1070 now)

1) start with nv_disable=1

2) install latest Nvidia Web Drivers

3) reboot with NvidiaWeb=true and without nv_disable=1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

how you have install yosmite on this computer ? i have a msi gt72 2qe to and i have kernel panic :/

hopefully getting this laptop on friday so cant wait to tinker and try getting osx running on it. So will be following this thanks in advance will report back once I've had a go installing :)

hey man, ive left you a message.Just hoping you can point me in the right direction getting osx running on my gt72 2qe but with an i7 5700hq.  

hey man, ive left you a message.Just hoping you can point me in the right direction getting osx running on my gt72 2qe but with an i7 5700hq.  

At first you should switch Geforce to Intel. Geforce 980M doesn't work yet.

Thanks for this! After building a hackintosh I got quite tired of all the hacking and only gave it a brief go on my GT72! I Will definitely give this a go, thank you so much for sharing it with the rest of us, greatly appreciate!

Thanks for this! After building a hackintosh I got quite tired of all the hacking and only gave it a brief go on my GT72! I Will definitely give this a go, thank you so much for sharing it with the rest of us, greatly appreciate!

Is all working fine?

P.S. GeForce 980M should work too with nvidia webdriver, but it doesn't.

Some guys have luck with it)

Hi, 
Installed on my GT72 2PC (El Capitan)  With your files and some modifications, works like a charm , thanks for sharing this. 
Just the Backlit of the keyboard always blinking, even using OS X KLM, Msiledenabler , changing VoodooPS2 Rehab versions, did yours blinking too? 
it  Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a solution :)  

Hi, 

Installed on my GT72 2PC (El Capitan)  With your files and some modifications, works like a charm , thanks for sharing this. 

Just the Backlit of the keyboard always blinking, even using OS X KLM, Msiledenabler , changing VoodooPS2 Rehab versions, did yours blinking too? 

it  Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a solution :)

Sometimes I had the same in Yosemite.

In Sierra KLM is working correctly again

hiya guys.

I followed shnyaps guide and had El Capitan and now Sierra running on it. So far most things do work (sound, trackpad, USBs, ethernet, wifi with a USB wifi stick etc).

I‛ve switched the graphics card to the GTX980M and with nv_disable=1 I can load everything fine and the system is behaving quite well. Installation of the Nvidia web drivers works ok (at least the driver finds the GPU and installs). However, after installing the Nvidia web drivers (WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01) and booting without the nv_disable flag and activated web drivers option in clover, I only get massive screen tearing/corrupted graphics at the login screen.

Is there any way to get the 980M working with the web drivers? Any injection in clover or DSDT/SSDT patching missing? Did I miss something during the installation or in the config.plist?

(shnyaps, I tried your DSDT and SSDT and then applied the patches you used onto my own DSDT and SSDT, both versions work the same)

(About MAC shows: graphics: display 8MB)

Any help would be appreciated...

System:

GT72-2QE

i7-4720HQ

GTX980M 8GB

16GB RAM

CrucialSSD 500GB