4 Screenshots

About This File

A Minimal and Super Fast Kext Installer and Repair Permissions for Mac OS

This app is written in Swift

Description :

• Drag one or several Kexts,Bundle,Plugin,PPP on the application (not a folder)
  • Double Tap on "Drop your kext here" to select several Kexts,Bundle,Plugin,PPP on the application manually
  • Change destination as desired (LE or SLE)
  • Backup is created at Desktop
  • Option to save log
  • Choose auto-mode , when automode is not selected you have to press Install button after dragging files
  • Use Drag-Drop or manually browse (click on drop section) files to select
  • New option : Right click on kext , select open with EasyKextPro and rest will be automatically, you don't need to open app
  • New option : Drag kext to EasykextPro icon and rest will be automatically , you don't need to open app

Note :

• for Mac OS 10.12 and greater
    sudo spctl --master-disable

• for EL Capitan and Sierra disable SIP or use 0x03
  • For Yosemite use kext-dev-mode=1
  • Restart is required after installation

What's New in Version v2.5   See changelog

Released

• New feature : Rebuild system dylibccache
  • New feature : Reset NVRAM
  • Minor bug fixes
  • update code for Swift 4.0
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Question: What is the path used for the kext install? I used this to install [CodecCommander.kext] and I cannot find it to remove to trash.

Not in:

S/L/E

L/E

don't have an Extra in root

Not in Clover kexts/10.11

seems due SIP restriction it doesn't installed , add CSRActiveConfig = 0x03 , then install again , Install directory is S/L/E 

there's new updates available will update post  soon 

Hi, 

I've tried to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext with this tool as my mac mini's usb3 port was unable to mount one of my multi hard drive enclosure ( Asmedia chip ). Unfortunatly the modified kext brings a kernel panic and I would like to revert.

But I don't find any backup folder as mentioned on the video installation guide. Anyone knows where it could be?

Cheers

Hi, 

I've tried to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext with this tool as my mac mini's usb3 port was unable to mount one of my multi hard drive enclosure ( Asmedia chip ). Unfortunatly the modified kext brings a kernel panic and I would like to revert.

But I don't find any backup folder as mentioned on the video installation guide. Anyone knows where it could be?

Cheers

its always on Desktop but if you are in EL Capitan then need to disable SIP Before proceeding

Why is this programme tagged with Yosemite if it won't run on Yosemite?

And why doesn't it?

really ?

it's working fine here , if you have issue please report with log file 

this version 2.1 seems to not respond properly on 10.12.1 if you select advanced mode and select to install to L/E it drops it in S/L/E also if you turn off auto build and try drop in a kext it still auto starts building. its like if advance mode runs as standard mode.

old version worked. would be nice if it kept your preferences since I rather have my kexts in L/E not SLE

I only tried installing in S/L/E but it worked great except for one thing..
When dragging two kexts to the app, only the first got installed.

I had to drag the second one separately and wait for installation, repair and rebuild over again.
Not a super biggie but still.

Anyway, it worked well enough and I'd like to thank you for the work. :) 

this version 2.1 seems to not respond properly on 10.12.1 if you select advanced mode and select to install to L/E it drops it in S/L/E also if you turn off auto build and try drop in a kext it still auto starts building. its like if advance mode runs as standard mode.

old version worked. would be nice if it kept your preferences since I rather have my kexts in L/E not SLE

Hi I was kinda busy after pushing updates 

I will try to fix it asap 

Thanks 

Regards 

Deepak

I only tried installing in S/L/E but it worked great except for one thing..

When dragging two kexts to the app, only the first got installed.

I had to drag the second one separately and wait for installation, repair and rebuild over again.

Not a super biggie but still.

Anyway, it worked well enough and I'd like to thank you for the work. :)

Hi thank you for reporting , this seems a critical bug , will fix asap 

I saw an EasyKextPro repo in your GitHub profile, did you plan to make it Open Source? Also, it's not working properly on macOS 10.13.

• Like 1

I saw an EasyKextPro repo in your GitHub profile, did you plan to make it Open Source? 

yeah  I was preparing for GitPages , now due to lack of time left in between 

Also, it's not working properly on macOS 10.13.

it requires to full QE/CI for get working in 10.13 due to swift is more dependent 

• Like 2