QE_CI Exotic Patch Yosemite 10.10.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hi :)

Here is the QE_CI Exotic patch for OS X Yosemite 10.10.0 and HD 48xx series cards

It's made by nyolc8 (as always) based on Netkas work!!! a big thanks to both of them ;)

Just enjoy ;)

[Tuto] QE_CI Exotic Patch via Clover

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Fantomas1 & nyolc8,

I notice, that every OS X release you have a QE_CI patch out for the ATI/AMD HD 48xx cards, and i love that. I have never own one of these cards, because $$$$. anyway i would like to know:

1) What info from the card is needed, and how we find it?

2) What kexts is needed and why, and how was this info obtain?

3) What other info is needed that is not from the card or kexts?

4) How are all these info put together to create a QE_CI patch?

5) If kexts are modify, Why, How, With what info?

Sorry if i have ask this of you before, but can you do a tutorial in english of how you made your QE_CI exotic patches?

when it comes to hackintosh i seem to learn better with "By Example" or with "Before & After" or "Look for this & Change to that, & Why".

So, can you do a step-by-step, on how you created your patches?

as an example:

say i just bought a pc:

msi H61M-P31/w8 (ms-7788) mother board

intel Core i3-3250 Ivy-Bridge-D 3.50GHz cpu

8GB ram, 500GB harddrive Sata

now this is a 3rd-Gen  cpu with Intel HD 2500 video card, but we are not using that today. we got a ati hd 48xx card.

and a friend gave me a 8GB USB stick with MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite with Clover EFI,  name "OS X 10.10 Install USB".

NOW from the info above, what do i need to start creating a QE_CI patch my HD48xx card, eg tools, info, kexts, etc...

and how do i go about doing it.

Thanks

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my ati radeon hd 4870, I installed yosemite in my hackintosh and everything works perfectly except the ati, in the sense that the system recognizes it but not quite, that is, sees that it is an ati radeon hd 4870 but the top bar is not transparent and the animations go in spurts, while mavericks everything works perfectly ... 

ps I have a asus P5K motherboard as ....

hi homer105   :)

your graphics card should have native support (device-id is already in Info.plist) in OS X 

maybe you have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

it recognizes the fact, however, with ge = yes does not change anything .... I also used the qe ci patches made by you ....

you don't have to use it (the patch) because your device-id is already in original kexts

but you have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

now your only problem is that the kexts are not loaded

please check with kext wizard if AMD4800Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext are loaded

you are there, the system will upload these 2 kext, from the information of my mac the card is recognized perfectly, the problem is that they go jerky animations and the bar of the finder is not transparent, then it means that there is some problem, instead of mavericks is fine ...

except that in Yosemite we still have the known problem with the cache, something that we do not have in Mavericks

and even if your card is recognized perfectly, it does not mean that all kexts are loaded   :)

I tried to replace amd4800controller and atiradeonx2000 with those mavericks but has not brought improvements ....

it will not work

and why using mavericks kexts when those from yosemite work fine? I mean it does not make sense

I think you've only broke your system

are you able to reinstall yosemite?

certain that they are able, however also to recognize the hard drive I had to change a kext from taking mavericks because the same kext that was on the usb of yosemite did not work .... That's why I thought that changing the kext video card would work with those mavericks

I tried, nothing to do, unfortunately, but it seems strange that on mavericks row smoothly and with perfect yosemite no .... but the top bar should be transparent right? because mine is white and the animations go in spurts, so the problem is the video card I guess

you see?  :)

just to confirm, use kext wizard, go on the last tab (Loaded), tape AMD and tell me what you see

then with kext wizard I see are loaded AMDSupport AMD4800controller and AMDFramebuffer .... it's absurd that does not work...

well... ATIRadeonX2000 is still missing and it's why it does not work...so there's nothing absurd   :)

and I already said what's the reason

except that in Yosemite we still have the known problem with the cache, something that we do not have in Mavericks

and even if your card is recognized perfectly, it does not mean that all kexts are loaded   :)

if your graphics card is already recognized in system infos, it's because amd4800controller is loaded but to have qe_ci enabled, atiradeonx2000 should also be.

1) boot with kext-dev-mode=1  flag

2) open terminal then tape

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

sudo kextload -v AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

3) reboot

that's what gives me the terminal:

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:~ Andrea$ cd /System/Library/Extensions

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ sudo chown -R 0:0 AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Password:

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ sudo chown -R 0:0 AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ sudo chmod -R 755 AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ sudo kextload -v AMD4800Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/AMD4800Controller.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/AMD4800Controller.kext loaded successfully (or already loaded).

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext loaded successfully (or already loaded).

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/SuperVIAATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ATAPortInjector.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AHCIPortInjector.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Mac-Pro-di-Andrea:Extensions Andrea$ 

I solved it by reinstalling Yosemite, obviously before I had touched something I should not touch ... but thanks for the help :) :) :)

• Like 1

Fantomas1,

Hey, let me start by saying, thanks for all your work and thanks for posting up the kext, much appreciated!

I have the ATI Radeon 4850 X2 Four Port Video Card, I have been using it as far back as before Snow Leopard with 3 Apple Cinema Displays 23. Everything in the past has worked perfectly with this card. I didn't however upgrade to Mavericks because only two of the monitors would recognize so I just stayed at mountain lion because I knew yosemite was on its way. I could have got all three working, anyway.

I installed Yosemite last week and got everything working. Used the kext and got all three monitors up and running, however, I have run into a hitch.

The third monitor flickers, I have to unplug it from the computer and plug it back in once I get everything live. Do you have any ideas on how I should fix this?

Is this something I need to change in the bios? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, MacModifier