10.9 Ivy Bridge-E, Atom & Lapic Fix Kernel

About This File

This kernel is compiled using 10.7.1 patch made by nawcom which in turn is based on the kernel patcher made by Meklort.

I added support for Ivy bridge-E CPU'S and LAPIC FIX to prevent kernel panic in some laptops.

Can load KEXT in "Extra/Extension" Folder even those they are repeated in "System/Library/Extension" folder

Installation:

*Remember if you have Ivy Bridge-E or Atom processor it is necessary to use the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

1.Replace your kernel with this (Obviously)

2.Delete KernelPatcher.dylib, from your Module folder.

3.Reboot and the first boot with -v and -f (Otherwise you're going to get kernel panic)

4.Run Kext Utility

5.Enjoy

10.9 IVY-E Atom Lapic fix.diff.zip Is source code

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

my cpu is 3770k Can you tell this kernel are support or not

Your processor is ivy bridge not ivy bridge-e so you don't need this kernel

Why is it necessary to remove FileNVRam.dylib? Can we re-add it afterwards so it can generate a newly made NVRam?

I'm asking because I'm using this modded Kernel with my Ivy-E i7 4930K, without having deleted FileNVRam.dylib, and it just works, so was that a requirement or more an advice?

Or has it something to do with NVRam register reading?

Oh, and by the way, I'm also NOT currently using NullCPUPM, without any problems at all... with Ivy Bridge-E CPU! (i7 4930K)

Ok, I don't get CPU Power Management to fully work, I only get multiplier 34... so using NullCPUPM has the one advantage of being able to lower CPU multiplier to 12, BUT, when Mac Pro 6,1 will be released anytime soon, that should be a whole different story :)

using this kernel with 10.9.3 myHack get's me stuck at hfs: mounted SSD on device disk0s2

the original mach_kernel get me two lines further but then my video blacks out...yikes

using this kernel with 10.9.3 myHack get's me stuck at hfs: mounted SSD on device disk0s2

the original mach_kernel get me two lines further but then my video blacks out...yikes

This kernel does not work in 10.9.3