TabletMagic for TabletPCs

521 posts in this topic

Scott, The last message was a little above my newbie head. I did not receive any errors in Console. I am getting a bunch of messages about from Onyx...

I did not get any terminal output with the ioreg command as typed.

Hmm... it may help to press the Clear button in Console before starting too... and try it more than once.

As for the ioreg command, well you can leave out the pipe to grep and just take the full output, then use the Find command in Terminal to suss out the digitizer entry by searching for "WACF."

Without additional information I don't know what to recommend.

Hmm... it may help to press the Clear button in Console before starting too... and try it more than once.

As for the ioreg command, well you can leave out the pipe to grep and just take the full output, then use the Find command in Terminal to suss out the digitizer entry by searching for "WACF."

Without additional information I don't know what to recommend.

Scott, I attached information from the console and ioreg. Thank you for the help.

Tom

Tom_X61_Archive.zip

I've got a fresh install of Snow Leopard running on a Motion Computing J3400 and as with everyone here I'm having some issues getting TabletMagic to work. I have it working on Leopard until I accidentally corrupted the system and because of that I had to do a fresh install.

TM sees the tablet and has properly enabled the digitiser (the tablet ID code is correctly identified) but it won't get any info from the tablet and thus doesn't work. I've tried most of the tips and tricks listed in the forum but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I know from when it was working before that the tablet is on serial0 but TM only detects Bluetooth-PDA-Sync and Bluetooth-Modem.

EDIT 2: In what would appear to be my computer playing mind games with me it started working. Unfortunately after a restart it stopped working. And as for the mind games: TM detects serial0 but doesn't see a tablet connected to it.

EDIT 3: it's working again. My computer is trying to make be go insane. Also, TM seems to have knocked out my Bluetooth, I'm guessing that it has something to do with competing serial ports.

• 1 month later...

Thanks this helped me to get it working on my Motion Computing Tablet LE1700. It took a bit of reading but got it running great.

Sam

This is a dedicated topic for TabletMagic, an open source driver for Wacom serial devices that has been adapted to communicate with Tablet PC ISD-V4 digitizers.

So to start things off, welcome! Here's where the project stands as of today, June 2, 2009:

• The official project page is http://sourceforge.net/projects/tabletmagic/
  • The current release version is TabletMagic 2.0b17d1
  • Builds b14 - b15 consider all non-Apple Machine Type strings to be hackintosh systems
  • Build b16 and later consider any system with a digitizer in the I/O Registry to be a TabletPC
  • The driver has been tested on several TabletPC systems and now works with most.

Getting Mac OS X To See Your Digitizer

Before Mac OS X will recognize your TabletPC's digitizer hardware your digitizer's ID string must be inserted in the proper kernel extension file. TabletMagic now includes an Enable Digitizer button to automate this process. Give it a try!

Lenovo ThinkPad X61t

If you have a Lenovo ThinkPad X61t you will also need an enabler to actually turn on the digitizer hardware. All the information you need is in its own dedicated topic. (and here's the relevant post!)

Still Nothing? Try "Don't Query"

Many - indeed most - TabletPC digitizers seem to ignore the "*" (TabletID) command, which asks the tablet to identify itself. If TabletMagic finds no tablet, or claims to see an ISD-V4 tablet, but the tablet doesn't function there are two things to check. First, under the TabletPC tab make sure the Don't Query checkbox is selected. Second, make sure the actual serial port is selected instead of "Automatic." (When Don't Query is enabled the "Automatic" setting only checks the first serial port, which is sometimes not what you want.)

Diagnostic Messages

For basic troubleshooting you can open the Console application before starting TabletMagic. There you will be able to observe its diagnostic output, including your Machine Type string. Press Console's "Clear" button between attempts for the cleanest output.

Killing TabletMagic

You can kill the driver most easily using the "Kill Daemon" button in the "Extras" tab of the TabletMagic Preference Pane. If you have any other tablet driver installed on your system, remove it and reboot before trying to start TabletMagic.

TabletPC tab

Under the TabletPC tab of the TabletMagic preference pane you'll find the aforementioned Enable Digitizer and Don't Query options, plus a pair of edit boxes where you can modify the digitizer range values. If the pointer doesn't correctly follow the stylus or seems to drift near the edges of the screen you should modify these values. With the Get From Stylus checkbox enabled you can obtain the digitizer range by moving the pen all the way to the bottom right corner of the screen.

Source Code

To get the latest source code, just issue the following commands in Terminal:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@tabletmagic.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tabletmagic login
Password: [Enter]
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@tabletmagic.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tabletmagic co -P combined

For More Help

If you've read this thread thoroughly and all your posts for help have led to a dead end, contact me at my TabletMagic for TabletPC email address. If your digitizer is unsupported I may be able to provide you with a logging daemon and directly work with you to figure out its protocols.

Thank you to all those who have helped out so far. You've been supremely helpful and patient with this sometimes tedious process.

Namaste! - Scott

My 10.5.2 that I use on my Motion Computing LE1700 I have on an external USB HDD. I plugged it into a J3400 just to see what would happen. I had to calibrate the digitizer due to the wider screen but it worked perfect.

Was putting SL on the J3400 very hard?

Sam

I've got a fresh install of Snow Leopard running on a Motion Computing J3400 and as with everyone here I'm having some issues getting TabletMagic to work. I have it working on Leopard until I accidentally corrupted the system and because of that I had to do a fresh install.

TM sees the tablet and has properly enabled the digitiser (the tablet ID code is correctly identified) but it won't get any info from the tablet and thus doesn't work. I've tried most of the tips and tricks listed in the forum but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I know from when it was working before that the tablet is on serial0 but TM only detects Bluetooth-PDA-Sync and Bluetooth-Modem.

EDIT 2: In what would appear to be my computer playing mind games with me it started working. Unfortunately after a restart it stopped working. And as for the mind games: TM detects serial0 but doesn't see a tablet connected to it.

EDIT 3: it's working again. My computer is trying to make be go insane. Also, TM seems to have knocked out my Bluetooth, I'm guessing that it has something to do with competing serial ports.

My 10.5.2 that I use on my Motion Computing LE1700 I have on an external USB HDD. I plugged it into a J3400 just to see what would happen. I had to calibrate the digitizer due to the wider screen but it worked perfect.

Sam

I had no real issues putting Snow Leopard on the J3400. Obviously because there are no drivers for the graphics card it isn't perfect, but that's not a SL issue. I restored the SL instal disk to a USB drive and installed Chameleon onto it for the bootloader. The install was easy, all I had to do was install Chameleon onto the hard drive and it worked perfectly.

I successfully killed my J3400 again which forced me to re-install Snow Leopard (which is now as easy as breathing). Unfortunately I'm not having any luck getting TM to see serial0, which is the serial port the digitiser is connected to. I know from past experience that TM will work perfectly on this computer but the trick is always to get serial0 to actually show up.

So, my question this time is: does anyone know of a way to get serial0 to show up consistently? I think at some point I got it to show up after doing something with the network settings, but it may have been a fluke.

I've been rereading this forum in hopes of finding a solution and so far I haven't found one. BUT I have been doing a lot of playing in Terminal and found that the J3400 is missing a rather sizeable chunk of info from ioreg -l

Here is the output (the part the matters) from a working Motion C5:

+-o WACM  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
   | | | {
   | | |   "_UID" = "0"
   | | |   "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")
   | | |   "name" = <"WACF004">
   | | |   "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=568,"length"=8}))
   | | |   "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0300000000000000>)
   | | |   "_STA" = 15
   | | | }
   | | | 
   | | +-o Apple16X50ACPI0  <class com_apple_driver_16X50ACPI, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
   | |   | {
   | |   |   "IOProbeScore" = 0
   | |   |   "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"
   | |   |   "IOKitDebug" = 0
   | |   |   "Location" = "ACPI Device=WACM"
   | |   |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.Apple16X50ACPI"
   | |   |   "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
   | |   |   "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
   | |   |   "IONameMatched" = "WACF004"
   | |   |   "IOClass" = "com_apple_driver_16X50ACPI"
   | |   |   "IONameMatch" = "WACF004"
   | |   | }
   | |   | 
   | |   +-o Apple16X50UARTSync0  <class com_apple_driver_16X50UARTSync, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain$
   | |     | {
   | |     |   "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
   | |     |   "Product Name" = "Built-in Serial Port (0)"
   | |     |   "Location" = "ACPI Device=WACM Base=0x238"
   | |     |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.Apple16X50ACPI"
   | |     |   "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=1}
   | |     |   "UART Type" = "16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200"
   | |     |   "IOTTYSuffix" = "0"
   | |     | }
   | |     | 
   | |     +-o IOSerialBSDClient  <class IOSerialBSDClient, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
   | |         {
   | |           "IOProbeScore" = 1000
   | |           "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily"
   | |           "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
   | |           "IOCalloutDevice" = "/dev/cu.serial0"
   | |           "IOResourceMatch" = "IOBSD"
   | |           "IOProviderClass" = "IOSerialStreamSync"
   | |           "IOSerialBSDClientType" = "IORS232SerialStream"
   | |           "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
   | |           "Product Name" = "Built-in Serial Port (0)"
   | |           "IOTTYDevice" = "serial0"
   | |           "IOClass" = "IOSerialBSDClient"
   | |           "IODialinDevice" = "/dev/tty.serial0"
   | |           "IOTTYSuffix" = "0"
   | |         }

And here is the very tiny output from the J3400:

+-o WACM  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, id 0x100000147, registered, matche$
   | |   {
   | |     "acpi-dstate-mask" = 9
   | |     "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=1016,"length"=8}))
   | |     "acpi-dstate" = 0
   | |     "_UID" = "0"
   | |     "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=2}
   | |     "_STA" = 15
   | |     "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")
   | |     "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0400000000000000>)
   | |     "name" = <"WACF00B">
   | |   }

As you can see the J3400 is missing the very extensive bit about serial0. I'm not sure if that is any help but the more info the better, right? So, is there any way to add all the missing info into a file on the J3400? I looked but I couldn't find a corresponding file.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone missed it...

The second beta of Axiotron Quickscript, released in December now works on serial tablets - or at least it's working on my Fujitsu T2010

Thanks to Axiotron and thanks again to Scott...

http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=downloads

@Emory Dunn

I had a tablet a while ago where (unusually) the serial port didn't show up in the drop down box of available serial ports on the TM prefpane - opening Disk Utility, selecting 'Repair Disk Permissions' and then rebooting with the -f option at the Darwin bootloader fixed it for me.

For all tablets, I've found that although TM does a good job of modifying the serial kext with the wacom digitiser ID ( it's FUJ02E5 on the T2010), I always have to reinstall the modified serial kext with osx86 tools, as on rebooting I get a 'kext improperly installed' message. I'm guessing this is because I use a blank password - kext helper doesn't work either without a user account password, osx86 tools does. (btw, I'm still using leopard - not sure what might have changed for SL).

In case anyone missed it...

The second beta of Axiotron Quickscript, released in December now works on serial tablets - or at least it's working on my Fujitsu T2010

Thanks to Axiotron and thanks again to Scott...

http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=downloads

@Emory Dunn

I had a tablet a while ago where (unusually) the serial port didn't show up in the drop down box of available serial ports on the TM prefpane - opening Disk Utility, selecting 'Repair Disk Permissions' and then rebooting with the -f option at the Darwin bootloader fixed it for me.

For all tablets, I've found that although TM does a good job of modifying the serial kext with the wacom digitiser ID ( it's FUJ02E5 on the T2010), I always have to reinstall the modified serial kext with osx86 tools, as on rebooting I get a 'kext improperly installed' message. I'm guessing this is because I use a blank password - kext helper doesn't work either without a user account password, osx86 tools does. (btw, I'm still using leopard - not sure what might have changed for SL).

Thanks for posting the news! It now works great on my Toshiba m400 serial (non-USB) tablet in Snow Leopard! Its so nice to have working handwriting recognition!

Thanks this helped me to get it working on my Motion Computing Tablet LE1700. It took a bit of reading but got it running great.

Sam

Sam

Hey Sam, can you please describe How, step by step you got LE1700 running 10.5.2 with tablet magic! mine says no tablet found and I've tried everything on this post, I doesn't recognize it;.. Thank you!

Hey Sam, can you please describe How, step by step you got LE1700 running 10.5.2 with tablet magic! mine says no tablet found and I've tried everything on this post, I doesn't recognize it;.. Thank you!

SOLVED, I did the trick copying apple16x50serial.kext to the desktop,rebooted and then i used kext helper b7 for easy install of kext files, rebooted and it worked. Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey I keep getting this weird glitch where randomly the values for the digitizer will change to values much smaller than they should be, which then readjusts the mapping.

Anyone else seen this or have any idea of a fix for this?

I see something similar with 2.0b17d2 - now I switched back to 2.0b16, to see if the problem still occurs. The effect I have is that from time to time the tablet maps a tiny part of the tablet to the whole screen.

The daemon itself reports then:

Tablet initialized.

[iNFO] ISD-V4 Firmware 12.00 (TabletPC)

[PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (15619, 6278)

[PROC] ""

which is much less then the regular bounds of 24569 by 18429 that I have.

The only remedy I found when it happens is to kill and restart the daemon.

Here's an interesting one for you guys to chew on...

I'd like to try using my Mac OS X equipped Tablet PC as a tablet display for another system (similar to a Wacom Cintiq display) over a network connection using VNC. However, I want to preserve stuff like pressure sensitivity and such, not just the cursor movements.

To do this, I need to somehow create a virtual serial port on the external system that will be linked by software to the serial connection of the tablet digitizer on the tablet PC.

I then want to install tablet magic on the external system and have it link to the virtual serial port.

This should allow the tablet pc's digitizer to control the cursor on the external system. A VNC connection would then be made from the tablet pc to the external system so that the external machine's display is shown on the tablet PC's screen, with the cursor perfectly synced to the user's stylus. (barring a slight delay...)

Anyway, the problem is how do you create this virtual serial port?

I've been looking at stuff like MultiCom, but it only creates pseudo-terminals or links to existing physical ports on the machine (like a modem). What I need is something that can make Mac OS X see a physical port (like "/dev/cu.serial0"), but exists only as software linking to a serial port on a different machine over a network.

I have been looking at "socat", a terminal app similar to MultiCom, but I can't make heads or tails of it enough to determine if it can actually create the virtual serial port I need, or if it just creates pseudoterminals like Multicom.

Any ideas on this one?

Anyway, the problem is how do you create this virtual serial port?

You'll need to write an IOKit driver that exposes a serial port in /dev following the POSIX standard. Your best bet for sample code is to look at the open source Belkin F5U103 driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ubsa-osx/

(about tablet suddenly shrinkng area)

two days later, I can confirm that this problem doesn't happen on 2.0b16. I only get it on 2.0b17d2.

Sweet... do you know where I could find the 2.0b16 dmg?

Edit: Found it on sourceforge, will see if it solves the problem for me. Thanks

Hello, I am trying to use TM 2.0b17d2 on my Fujitsu T4310 with 10.6.2 OS. I "Enabled Digitizer" and my Tablet is recognized but nothing happens after that. I tried reinstalling the Apple16x50 kext using kext Helper (+ permission repair) and that doesn't help any. My IONAMEMATCH is "FUJ02E7". I've use TM before on my T2020 and it worked fine.

Can anybody help? Also, if anybody had any instructions/help for getting the touchscreen to operate this would be nice to. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I am trying to use TM 2.0b17d2 on my Fujitsu T4310 with 10.6.2 OS. I "Enabled Digitizer" and my Tablet is recognized but nothing happens after that. I tried reinstalling the Apple16x50 kext using kext Helper (+ permission repair) and that doesn't help any. My IONAMEMATCH is "FUJ02E7". I've use TM before on my T2020 and it worked fine.

Can anybody help? Also, if anybody had any instructions/help for getting the touchscreen to operate this would be nice to. Thanks!

I've found that sometimes it's just luck. But you can try installing the original kext and then doing the process over again.

3/25/10 12:30:02 PM System Preferences[162] Received [scale] 24570 18430 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [ready] 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [model] ISD V4.0 (TabletPC) 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [info] 0 7200C910,002,02,1270,1270 active 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [geom] 0 4 24569 18424 : 0 0 1023 767 : 1 1 2 6 : 0 1.0000 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [scale] 24570 18430 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM System Preferences[162] Received [scale] 24570 18430 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 4) - (24569, 18424) 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1023, 767) 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] serial0: OPENED 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] Setting speed to 19200 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PROC] "~#ISD V4" 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INFO] ISD V4.00 (TabletPC) 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INIT] TabletPC Detected 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] Tablet Settings (imposed): 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] command set ..... Tablet PC 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] output format ... BINARY 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] terminator ...... CRLF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] packet size ..... 9 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] baud rate ....... 19200 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] data bits ....... 8 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] parity .......... N 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] stop bits ....... 1 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] cts ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] dsr ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer mode ... suppressed 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] coord sys ....... ABS 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer rate ... 200 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] resolution ...... 1270 lpi 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] origin .......... UL 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] oor data ........ OFF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] pnp ............. ON 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] sensitivity ..... firm 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] read height ..... 8mm+ 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] mdm ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tilt ............ ON 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] mm command set .. MM1201 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] orientation ..... landscape 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] cursor data ..... 1234 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] remote mode ..... OFF 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] increment ....... 2 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] interval ........ 2 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] xrez ............ 1270 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] yrez ............ 1270 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tablet width .... 24570 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tablet height ... 18430 
  3/25/10 12:29:38 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] Tablet initialized. 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] serial0: OPENED 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] Setting speed to 19200 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PROC] "~#ISD V4" 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INFO] ISD V4.00 (TabletPC) 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INIT] TabletPC Detected 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] Tablet Settings (imposed): 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] command set ..... Tablet PC 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] output format ... BINARY 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] terminator ...... CRLF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] packet size ..... 9 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] baud rate ....... 19200 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] data bits ....... 8 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] parity .......... N 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] stop bits ....... 1 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] cts ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] dsr ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer mode ... suppressed 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] coord sys ....... ABS 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer rate ... 200 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] resolution ...... 1270 lpi 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] origin .......... UL 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] oor data ........ OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] pnp ............. ON 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] sensitivity ..... firm 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] read height ..... 8mm+ 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] mdm ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tilt ............ ON 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] mm command set .. MM1201 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] orientation ..... landscape 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] cursor data ..... 1234 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] remote mode ..... OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] increment ....... 2 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] interval ........ 2 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] xrez ............ 1270 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] yrez ............ 1270 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tablet width .... 24570 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] tablet height ... 18430 
  3/25/10 12:30:02 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] Tablet initialized. 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] serial0: OPENED 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PORT] Setting speed to 19200 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [PROC] "~#ISD V4" 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INFO] ISD V4.00 (TabletPC) 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] [INIT] TabletPC Detected 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] Tablet Settings (imposed): 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] command set ..... Tablet PC 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] output format ... BINARY 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] terminator ...... CRLF 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] packet size ..... 9 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] baud rate ....... 19200 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] data bits ....... 8 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] parity .......... N 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] stop bits ....... 1 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] cts ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] dsr ............. OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer mode ... suppressed 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] coord sys ....... ABS 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] transfer rate ... 200 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] resolution ...... 1270 lpi 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] origin .......... UL 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] oor data ........ OFF 
  3/25/10 12:30:19 PM [0x0-0x19019].com.apple.systempreferences[162] pnp ............. ON

Here is a copy of the Console if it can help anyone help me.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a copy of the Console if it can help anyone help me.

The console output isn't what you need to look at. look at this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...948&st=440#

Run the Terminal command I listed and check the output, it should look like the output from the C5.

If not try installing the original kext (via Kext Helper).

Restart, repair permissions.

Now go back into TabletMagic and have it attempt to initialise the digitiser.

Find the kext and remove it (just throw it on the Desktop).

Confirm that the IOMatch is correct and then install the kext via Kext Helper.

Restart, repair permissions.

Now go back to TabletMagic and see if Serial0 is active.

If it is then do a small dance and do a backup of your system. If not start at square one.

• 1 month later...

hello, i have a tablet pc with this touchscreen:

bus usb ISD-V4

ID prodotto: 0x00e3

ID fornitore: 0x056a (WACOM Co., Ltd.)

Versione: d.68

Velocità: Fino a 12 Mb/sec

Produttore: Tablet

ID posizione: 0x3a100000

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 0

but i installed tablet magic on leopard 10,5.7 and i dont get the device recognized, and i dont find the button "digitizer"

i have to copy my device id somewhere to get it works?

thanks

hello, i have a tablet pc with this touchscreen:

bus usb ISD-V4

ID prodotto: 0x00e3

ID fornitore: 0x056a (WACOM Co., Ltd.)

Versione: d.68

Velocità: Fino a 12 Mb/sec

Produttore: Tablet

ID posizione: 0x3a100000

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 0

but i installed tablet magic on leopard 10,5.7 and i dont get the device recognized, and i dont find the button "digitizer"

i have to copy my device id somewhere to get it works?

thanks

Are you talking about the "Enable Digitizer" button? If so it's under the TabletPC tab.

Clicking that button should make the proper modifications to the KEXT, then all you have to do is follow the steps I listed in my previous post and hopefully everything should work.

bus usb ISD-V4

Unfortunately your digitizer is USB, and therefore not supported by TabletMagic. A USB driver is a whole different can of worms, and TabletMagic won't be expanding to support USB.

Unfortunately your digitizer is USB, and therefore not supported by TabletMagic. A USB driver is a whole different can of worms, and TabletMagic won't be expanding to support USB.

Oops, I missed that. But if it is USB you might be able to use the Wacom drivers. I know that within a few months I should have a chance to test a tablet with USB, but that won't help you now.

And Scott, is there any time frame on an update for TabletMagic? (64-bit for example?)