nVIDIA Pascal: Hackintosh Edition
- New Pascal architecture (Duh)
- 8GB GDDR5X memory
- 2560 CUDA cores
- 1607MHz base clock speed
- 320GB/s memory bandwidth
- 16 nm manufacturing process
- Pricing is quite a bit over $600 USD as they are selling a founders version mostly right now, so that price will get cheaper.
- Low power consumption
- 16 nm manufacturing process (vs the 28 nm of nVIDIA's previous "Maxwell" architecture.
- and high
so that brings us to OS X compatibility:
- OS X 10.11.0 to 10.11.6: None
- OS X 10.10.0 to 10.0.5: None
- OS X 10.9.0 to 10.9.5: None
To sum it all up, the pascal line of cards doesn't work yet, and It'll be awhile till they are, buy a 980, and the best intel i7 CPU you can find if you are willing to fork out that much cash.
-XtremeHacker, June 6th, 2016